The Shape of the Universe.

Topic's posts
Posts in total: 165
--> @zedvictor4
The words infinite, finite and potential are pretty self explanatory.
Ok I'll bite. Tell me what your infinite potential means where used in this thread.

Same goes for your finite potential as used in this thread.  You yourself have no idea nor does anyone else, unless their drinking the same kool-aid your drinking.  Super looper!

The universe is either uninhibited or constrained. (Let's disregard stagnant as an option.) So nonetheless dynamic.

Therefore in either instance the universes potential or ability to develop is what will dictate it's "shape".

A size limited universe (finite) implies a limited ability to develop (potential).

An unlimited universe (infinite) implies an unlimited ability to develop (unlimited potential).

Hopefully you can now grasp this simple interpretation of universal development.

So let me ask you for your thoughts on something.

If constrained, what is the constraining influence?

Is it only universal potential, or is it perhaps to a greater degree the confining influence (elasticity) of space?

--> @zedvictor4
So nonetheless dynamic.
Old news and obvious.

Therefore in either instance the universes potential or ability to develop is what will dictate it's "shape".
Polyhedral ergo spherical, or toroidal or some combination of the two or three. Ive already clearly laid out my shape in this thread and others and at DDO for two or more years now and other forums for longer.  YOu, not so much and certainly with no clarity.

A size limited universe (finite) implies a limited ability to develop (potential).
If finite then inherently equals size limited ergo redundant looping of words by you. Finite only means no potential to be infinite.

Infinite means no potential to be finite.  You stated neither one of these ergo meaningless looping of words.

An unlimited universe (infinite) implies an unlimited ability to develop (unlimited potential).
1} finite Universe can never  be infinite and to state otherwise is meanginless l ergo dribbling mind leakage of looping words,

2} we can speculate, fantasize about the potentials of a finite Universe but none of those have anything to do with infinite ---as Paul suggested---, and we the known set of cosmic physical laws/principles that complement the actions we observe,

3} there may exist potential abilities were dont yet know of, but that is irrelevant to Universe being finite.

All of the properties humans have observed and any we have not yet observed. Ex charge, spin, gravity, dark energy, wave - particle, etc.

Is it only universal potential, or is it perhaps to a greater degree the confining influence (elasticity) of space?

Huh? There exists no potential beyond those of a finite, occupied space Universe that exists eternally in various phases of dynamic shapes. We observe those potentials as cosmc phyiscal laws/principles. Ive made this clear for many years.

You and others ignore the truth and facts of my comments and go off on irrelevant word looping mind games because your ego's will not allow you to concede that you have nothing that adds too or invalidates my given comments in the Cosmic Trinity all comments related to that most comprehensively wholistic set.

Mind games and ignorance --avoidance of truth, facts and rational, logical common senses---  is all the rest of you have had to offer. Sad :--(

Another thouhgt, before you or others go off on my word looping.  Photonic charge { electric and magnetic } and Gravity have no distance limits and distance infers a finite set.

So yes, we may say that charge and gravity operate at any distance{ finite } or infinitely, however, we do not say that as it is meaningless to correlate infinite this or that to finite{ distance } integrity{ closure }.

Again, I suggest you and others actually access a dictionary and grasp what the word integrity means. So now I will repeat what Ive been repeating for at least 20 years.

Finite = integrity both systemically and structurally

Infinite= lack of integrity ergo no system and no structure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Z4....So nonetheless dynamic.
Old news and obvious.

Polyhedral ergo spherical, or toroidal or some combination of the two or three. Ive already clearly laid out my shape in this thread and others and at DDO for two or more years now and other forums for longer.  YOu, not so much and certainly with no clarity.

If finite then inherently equals size limited ergo redundant looping of words by you. Finite only means no potential to be infinite.

Infinite means no potential to be finite.  You stated neither one of these ergo meaningless looping of words.

1} finite Universe can never  be infinite and to state otherwise is meanginless l ergo dribbling mind leakage of looping words,

2} we can speculate, fantasize about the potentials of a finite Universe but none of those have anything to do with infinite ---as Paul suggested---, and we the known set of cosmic physical laws/principles that complement the actions we observe,

3} there may exist potential abilities were dont yet know of, but that is irrelevant to Universe being finite.

All of the properties humans have observed and any we have not yet observed. Ex charge, spin, gravity, dark energy, wave - particle, etc.

Huh? There exists no potential beyond those of a finite, occupied space Universe that exists eternally in various phases of dynamic shapes. We observe those potentials as cosmc phyiscal laws/principles. Ive made this clear for many years.

You and others ignore the truth and facts of my comments and go off on irrelevant word looping mind games because your ego's will not allow you to concede that you have nothing that adds too or invalidates my given comments in the Cosmic Trinity all comments related to that most comprehensively wholistic set.

Mind games and ignorance --avoidance of truth, facts and rational, logical common senses---  is all the rest of you have had to offer. Sad :--(

Another 3rd thought;

Charge lessens with distance or more specifically as the frequency is lengthened i.e. the entropic ---arrow-of-Time---> implies finite Universe will become on very large and very flat{ lowest frequency } photon.

Once the photon reaches a lowest enough charge{ frequency } Gravity will synergetically cohere photons back into a matter set.

My geometric scenarios, based on ideas of 4-cubo-octahedron and the 5-fold icosahedron simplify as a bilateral set, that correlates to the hemispheres of an animal brain with the corpus callosum inbetween:

OIO or as O|O or as the following were we find more over lap of the spherical, left and right skew 5-fold icosahedron great circles{ tori } with the 4-fold cubo-octahedron as the flat photon See LINK for flat photon and in the following the vertical line | of a flattened 4-fold cubo-octahedron inside of two overlapping 5-fold icosahedral sets;

.......................(  ( | )  ).................
--> @ebuc
Ergo loopy.

Though I think we agreed that constraint was only limited to potential.

And I also think that in a round about way we also might have agreed that a universe is more likely to be finite as dictated by it's potential or limiting factors.

But perhaps potential only limits extent. (Finite extent)

Ergo we must also consider expansion and decline as two sides of universal potential. 

Ergo we must also consider initiation and re-initiation. Ergo sequence.

Ergo. An infinitely oscillating universe. <l><l><l>

Ergo no ego.

Just looping.
--> @zedvictor4
Just looping.
I agree. You rgood at that and have nothing of any significance to say in regards to all Ive presented in this thread and most others

--> @ebuc
Similarly, you seem to have little regard for what anyone else suggests.

It's all well and good being continually engrossed in your own ideas.

Ideas which may or may not be "truth, facts and rational logical common senses".

Ergo ego.

--> @zedvictor4
Similarly, you seem to have little regard for what anyone else suggests.
PLease share when you do. Not seen much yet.

--> @Paul
Humans can't comprehend the concept of infinity. Our society was built from physical data, and some imaginary data, but infinity lies somewhere in between.

That's my theory at least...
--> @DynamicSquid
The concept of infinity.
Is purely data. 

As all data is purely data.

Both resultant physicality and imagination are derived from data processing.

So what or where is the "in between" state?

Nonetheless,the notion of infinity is widely understood. As far as I am aware that is all that is required.

--> @zedvictor4
The notion of infinity is arguable not widely understood, if any at all.

What happened before time? When will time stop? Is time even relatable?

So many concepts are related to infinity, none have answers.
--> @DynamicSquid
So what or where or how is time and/or space.?

Events have duration which an observer regards as time within a space.

(Event: The movement of matter, between A and B)

Do you think that these possibilities would not be available,  if there were no observable events?

Surely there must have been infinite possibility, or nothing would ever have occurred?

--> @zedvictor4
True, there must be an infinite possibility as you have stated, but my point is that we can't understand the infinite possibility. We grew up with a start and an end, so that's how we think, but the Universe and all the rest are different.

Yes, it could be infinite, but we don't know what that is or looks like. It could even be something else that we can't comprehend.
--> @DynamicSquid
I would suggest that the infinite possibility of time and space is understandable, simply as what it is.

It's certainly not something that can be looked at.

And something else would be something else. 

And a Universe ( An event relative to matter within an occupied space) is unlikely to be infinite as events have duration.

"And all the rest"?