Total: 67
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
This is undeniable

crossed
crossed
have you noticed that Saturn is the same shape as the sun is  with all the elliptical orbits
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
This is allllllllllll made perfectly clear in the book that God had all them blokes make for him so he can leave for us.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Great!
crossed
crossed
-->
@Dr.Franklin
God precisely placed our sun in the center of our solar system.

And measured all the planets pathways out. so they would all go around the sun in an eliptical

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@crossed
Awesome blossom
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
A GOD player card  #7 would read
(  God  )  :   Asteroid building, precision asteroid let goerer. General builder of well, ALLLLLLLLLL. 

My ' RANT MODE WARNING ' lamp near blinds me.  
' switches off '

Shlt sorry guys butttt i cant hold any longer  
' RANT MODE ACTIVATED '
Auto spell cheaker ' OFF ' 

And The resume on this bloke is frigging awsome. It's definitely up there with Noah's job rèsume
(  Noah  )  :  Live animal MASTER of capturing,  Animal sexer ,  Master Carpenter, Rear Admiral.  And  only has had 4 sick days off in the last 310 years.
And At only 550 years of age he is certainly a asset for any employers 

No but just when you think you can grasp A god thing building this here universe. 
Go straight to picturing God wanting all of us to know this. 

Which brings us to,   God implementing. OPERATION " GETTING EVERYONE TO KNOW ME "

He thinks long , he thinks hard anddddddd he thinks ever so Godly like   . 
And like  a true God he comes up with a plan that is truly GOD Worthy.
He thinks Stuff it , (  I'll write a book! ) 

Now we all know god is omniscient and all the other omni words.  
But that does by no means mean he can write a book ( ' clicks fingers ' ) but with the low literacy rates back then, its passable.

He then takes another 100 years probably learning how to write.  

And in the mean time  OPERATION  " GETTING PEOPLE TO KNOW ME " Is still in affect.

And in true  brilliant GOD like style. Plan 2 comes into play. 
Step #1.  Get a virgin pregnant and have a begotten child ,  
Step #2.  Give it 30 years or so then get this man God bloke to walk around telling folks about me. 

So with this and the book I'm getting a dozen blokes o make for me so i can give it to you all to read. 
So between jeusu telling all the people in the surrounding areas.   And this Book that GODS getting them dozen or so blokes to do up for him. ALLLLLLLLLLLL WILL KNOW ,  THE GOD. 

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@crossed
It could all be chance though.

The only reason that you think not, is because you have an acquired bias.
crossed
crossed
-->
@zedvictor4
I am saying these thing have been not placed randomly. I am saying it has not happened by chance. what are the chances that the sun just happens to be in the center of the solar system.

What are the chances that all the planets go in an elliptical

What are the chances that all the asteroids in the asteroid belt go in an elliptical

Stronn
Stronn
-->
@crossed
What are the chances that all the planets go in an elliptical
100%. Elliptical orbits are a consequence of gravity.
What are the chances that all the asteroids in the asteroid belt go in an elliptical
100%. Elliptical orbits are a consequence of gravity.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Stronn
I'm saying god did it.Your not saying how it came to be that way only that it is that way. God used gravity so they would all go in an elliptical

Why does this only effect planets and the asteroids in the belt  and not stars and other asteroids.

Why are all the elliptic seemingly proportionate from each other.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Stronn
Issac nutans law of gravity is why they go in an elliptical. Now nutan just discovered this is the way it is. He never discovered how such a thing came naturally.In fact he did not believe this stuff came naturally. but it was god who did it.
Orbits are eliptical because of Newtons Law of Gravity (bodies attract each other in proportion to their mass and inversly proportional to the square of the distance between them)

If there is a laws. then there is a lawmaker

Kent Hovind said this

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@crossed
I understand your simple proposition.

But this is a debate and I disagree with your proposition. That's the way these things work.

So things are either elliptical or they are not, that's a 50/50 chance.

Same applies to a god I suppose.

Though we have clear evidence of elliptical orbits, but we have no real evidence to confirm the existence of a god.

Suggesting that planetary orbits proves the existence of a god, is the same as saying that things that go bump in the night is proof of the existence of a bogeyman.

Gods and bogeymen are both fanciful assumptions made up in response to unanswerable questions.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
What are the chances that the sun just happens to be in the center of the solar system?

Based on what the phrase 'solar system' means in our language the chances of the sun randomly happening to be at the center of the solar system is 100%.

Edit: Yes I am aware that the sun is not actually at the exact center of the solar system in real life but it is close enough.
crossed
crossed
-->
@zedvictor4
Its not a 50 50 chance. if life  was created randomly. The planets would go in random directions. not all in the same shape. God created the laws of physics so they would have to be perfect

your analogy does not work i am saying god created the elliptical orbits thus he exist.

Your boogie man proof does not show clear evidence

crossed
crossed
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
alright you got me there but given the definition would it not be exactly in the middle.

IS it not strange that the billions of Galaxy all follow celestial body's orbiting  in an elliptical.

By pure chance would not one star end up going in an elliptical around the sun

stars are big and round.

planets are big and round

Why is only the planets that go in an elliptical. Why not stars

there is a star as big as Saturn.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
alright you got me there but given the definition would it not be exactly in the middle.

No it is slightly off from the middle because the planets orbit in a near-elliptical pattern rather than circles and the sun is not in the exact center of that elliptical. This is basic orbital mechanics.

Why is only the planets that go in an elliptical. Why not stars

Stars other than our sun are not a part of the solar system. Stars orbit around the center of mass of the galaxy in a pattern that is neither an elliptical nor a circle. Because they orbit the center of mass of the galaxy rather than orbiting a single object their orbits are less regular and harder to predict.

All objects orbit in the way that is consistent with what would be predicted by our understanding of gravity. Why do you think it is strange for all objects to orbit in a way that our understanding of gravity predicts they would behave? Would it not be completely normal for them to behave as predicted and strange for them to behave in some way other than what our understanding predicts?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
there is a star as big as Saturn.

That is incredibly small for a star.

How old are you anyway? Based on your knowledge of astronomy you seem very young but since you seem like a nice enough person I will happily continue to answer your questions if you have more.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
OK why do not suns orbit in an elliptical.It is a star to.

The reason why the sun does not orbit in an elliptical is because it would spell trouble.God foresaw this so he made an exception

Same with why ice is the only solid that is lighter then its liquid form. God foresaw it would be a problem and made an exception.God foresaw that the sun moving would be a problem so he made an exception.

• Density of WATER

• The ONLY substance whose density is LOWER in the SOLID state than in the LIQUID state is WATER
      Consequently: Ice FLOATS on water
    • This very nature of water is vital to LIFE and is Unique among ALL molecules:

If ice did not float on water, the oceans would freeze from the bottom up because ice - when frozen - will SINK to the bottom and CANNOTbe MELTED by sun's rays !
      The earth would now be covered with solid ice.
      ---- Barrow and Tipler, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle.Oxford: OUP, 1988, pp143-144, 524-541.
      --- Also Cf. D. Wilkinson, OurUniverses (New York: Columbia University Press, 1991), pp171-172.

• Why is water unique in this respect ?
      The "scientific explanation" goes into the crystal structureof ice and so on.
      But what should the crystal structure of ice have this specialproperty and all other crystal structures do not ???
      It is as if someone foresaw that without this property,there won't be life and DESIGNED this property into the Universe so that life CAN exist....

• I can name a bunch of these coincidences. like the sun does not orbit in an elliptical like the others

Deb-8-a-bull
    Deb-8-a-bull
    God put the earh part in the wind bit, in the part with a thing he called weather.  

So god had to make the universe weather and season.  thats how precise he is crossed. 

So if he built the earth in sumer he had to of known what winter was like right? 
    No its jut earth nd we call them seasons. 

Moving on. 

Your God would of loved the nanosecond his dino range of animals he dreamt up  . The smell of a trex straight of the factory floor, mmmmmm nothing like it. 
    He would not of built one of his town size mostly metal flying rocks to wipe out his dinosaurs. 

GOD PRECISELY MADE PUFFINS. 

Andddddddddd 

God made us have to breath , if we dont breath we ummmm, well we die. 
    If your a God , no.  if i was a god , i wouldn't make things have to breath. ( it's immature ) 

If God built the entire universe here.  One could only begin to imagine what he built elsewhere. 
    But with that in mind,  it's only common sense God doesn't exist. 

zedvictor4
    zedvictor4
    -->
    @crossed
    And simply saying that a god did it does show clear evidence?

We know that things occur as they do and scientific investigation has allowed us to understand some of the processes involved. 

We know why asteroids and planets do what they do, but that is not the real issue.

The big question is why do planets and asteroids exist.

And you have no way of proving that a god was the cause of creation, all that you have is a wild assumption.

But as ever the god hypothesis falls down anyway, because theists refuse to address the question of gods causation.
    Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    -->
    @crossed
    OK why do not suns orbit in an elliptical.It is a star to.

I already answered this question. It is because stars do not orbit an object, they orbit the center of mass of the galaxy. The center of mass of the galaxy is constantly shifting relative to the galaxy itself because the stars in the galaxy are constantly moving. If the stars such as our sun were orbiting a stationary object then their orbits would be nearly-elliptical just like the planets orbits are nearly-elliptical because they orbit an object (the sun). Dark matter factors in as well but I don't feel comfortable trying to explain dark matter to you until after I am convinced that you have a basic grasp of orbital mechanics.

You are aware that orbits are caused by gravity and that gravity is caused by mass right?

I am going to ask the same question I asked before. Why do you think it should be strange that objects behave consistently with observed laws of physics?
    Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    -->
    @crossed
    Same with why ice is the only solid that is lighter then its liquid form. God foresaw it would be a problem and made an exception.

Water is not the only substance whose solid state is less dense than it's liquid state. Many substances share this property.
    Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    -->
    @Deb-8-a-bull
    I can imagine a conversation from ancient times...

Alex: Huh, ever notice how wood floats?

Beth: Yep. Sure did notice that.

Alex: You ever wonder why it floats though?

Beth: God done do it.

Alex: Yeah I guess you are right. Why did he make it like that though?

Beth: Oh, uhh... I don't know. Wait, I got it! He made it like that so we could build structures from wood to help us cross water!

*Wooden ships invented*

Many years later...

Charlie: These wooden ships are nice and all but I would like something a bit harder like rock or metal. That would be nice.

Daisy: Yeah but rocks and metal don't float, stupid. God done only made wood float.

Charlie: yeah you are right.

Meanwhile on the other side of the world...

Edward: These wooden ships are nice and all but I would like something a bit harder like rock or metal. That would be nice.

Fred: Yeah but rocks and metal don't float, stupid. God done only made wood float.

Edward: I'm not convinced. There has to be more to it than that. I'm going to look into this further.

Fred: You are just wasting your time. The answer is god done do it. Quit yer yammering and help me build this ship.

Edward: Well I have some experiments here showing that the reason wood floats is because it is less dense. I knew there was more to it!

Fred: God done did it less dense so it could float so we could make ships. No need to look further.

Edward: I wonder why less dense things float though. What causes that to happen?

Fred: God done causes it to happen so that we can make ships. Stop questioning things.

Edward: But I have some new experiments that show that the reason less dense objects float is because the water pressure exerted on an object is affected by volume and the gravitational forces exerted on an object is affected by mass. Therefore due to the relationship between mass, volume, and density the water pressure exerted on less dense objects overcomes the gravitational forces. That is what causes wood to float! What a remarkable discovery!

*Buoyancy discovered*

Fred: I don't understand all yer fancy talk but really it ain't all that impressive. God done planned this buoyancy thing from the get-go so that wood could float so that we could make wooden ships. What a waste of time. How does knowing about this buoyancy thing help us?

Edward: That does make sense. Maybe I should just give up.

Fred: Of course it makes sense. God wants wooden ships. How he makes the wood float don't matter none.

Edward: Wait, I just had a thought! If we were to make a ship from steel that had enough empty space inside it to reduce the effective density to less than that of water then we could have a ship made of steel! This is going to change everything!

Fred: Uhh steel don't float, dummy. Steel sinks. Remember that steel nail I dropped in the water and hour ago? It sunk. Don't matter why it sunk, God just done made it so that steel sinks.

Edward: But it all makes sense now. The reason things float is because of their density, the reason less dense things float is because of buoyancy, we can make buoyancy work to make a steel ship float!

*Steel ships invented*

Fred: I don't understand any of that jibber jabber but I tell you what, if you can make a steel ship float it's because god gone did whatever density-buoyancy hocus-pocus just for us so that we can make steel ships. You should just leave it at that. All yer investigatin' and experimentin' and what has it gotten us? Nothin'.

Now I don't blame Alex and Beth for not getting it - they did the best they could with what they had you see - but I think Charlie, Daisy, and Fred really ought to be ashamed of themselves.
    crossed
    crossed
    -->
    @Discipulus_Didicit
    Water is not the only substance whose solid state is less dense than it's liquid state.

Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    -->
    @crossed
    What does it prove if I can provide any example of another substance that expands when frozen? I will do so after you answer.
    crossed
    crossed
    -->
    @Discipulus_Didicit
    I already answered this question. It is because stars do not orbit an object, they orbit the center of mass of the galaxy. The center of mass of the galaxy is constantly shifting relative to the galaxy itself because the stars in the galaxy are constantly moving. If the stars such as our sun were orbiting a stationary object then their orbits would be nearly-elliptical just like the planets orbits are nearly-elliptical because they orbit an object (the sun). Dark matter factors in as well but I don't feel comfortable trying to explain dark matter to you until after I am convinced that you have a basic grasp of orbital mechanics.
    Yes i know that the reason why the sun is stationed in one orbit. But why is it the only one that does not orbit anything. if it did move closer and orbit it would burn planets to death. it seems God created this one quality so life can begin. Just like the water.

It is as if someone foresaw that without this property,there won't be life and DESIGNED this property into the Universe so that life CAN exist....
    crossed
    crossed

We know why asteroids and planets do what they do, but that is not the real issue.

The big question is why do planets and asteroids exist.

And you have no way of proving that a god was the cause of creation, all that you have is a wild assumption.

But as ever the god hypothesis falls down anyway, because theists refuse to address the question of gods causation.

you seem on the right track most of science is how it is not why it is. I am saying there is a reason why this stuff is the way it is and was put together with thought. he made it elliptical for a reason. since there was a reason for it must be god

Discipulus_Didicit
    Discipulus_Didicit
    -->
    @crossed
    Yes i know that the reason why the sun is stationed in one orbit. But why is it the only one that does not orbit anything.

The sun is not the only star that does not orbit a specific object. All the other millions of millions of stars in the galaxy share this property as I already said 

You know the sun is a star right?
    crossed
    crossed
    -->
    @Discipulus_Didicit
    The guy explained it pretty well have a second read

• Density of WATER

• The ONLY substance whose density is LOWER in the SOLID state than in the LIQUID state is WATER
      Consequently: Ice FLOATS on water
    • This very nature of water is vital to LIFE and is Unique among ALL molecules:

If ice did not float on water, the oceans would freeze from the bottom up because ice - when frozen - will SINK to the bottom and CANNOTbe MELTED by sun's rays !
      The earth would now be covered with solid ice.
      ---- Barrow and Tipler, The Anthropic Cosmological Principle.Oxford: OUP, 1988, pp143-144, 524-541.
      --- Also Cf. D. Wilkinson, OurUniverses (New York: Columbia University Press, 1991), pp171-172.

• Why is water unique in this respect ?
      The "scientific explanation" goes into the crystal structureof ice and so on.
      But what should the crystal structure of ice have this specialproperty and all other crystal structures do not ???