The World's Most Unpopular Book

Author: Willows

Read-only
Total: 9
Willows
Debates: 0
Willows
Christians tend to be proud to claim that the Bible is the "best-selling book of all time", presumably because the insinuation is that so many copies have been sold.

One overwhelming and compelling argument against such a hollow claim is that a very high percentage of Bibles are given out, for example by missionaries and many recipients would not even read it or rather use it as a door-stop.

And, think of how many hundred thousand copies of the Bible sit in hotel room drawers; their only use being to stop the uneven table leg from causing your Dom Perignon to topple. Most uneven tables only require the said book of wisdom to be opened at say, Revelations 4:7. In such case, the hotel guest would want to refrain from reading the passage for fear of one's mouth spraying the champagne at the wall due to a spontaneous outburst of laughter.

Then, of course, think of even more hundreds of thousands of Bibles stored in classroom cupboards, a bit worse for wear owing to many years of Bible fights by students.

Therefore, the Bible must be one of the least read, least popular books in the world. The number of people who want and own a bible is far fewer than the number of Bibles. There is a ridiculous surplus of these books in the world.

How many other books ever published have such a low reader to ownership ratio?

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@DebateArt.com
@Willows
20+ flame-bait posts in six hours to the religion board alone is spamming.

What? Did you get banned again at the site you were infecting?

Trolling will not be welcomed here willows. Reported.
vagabond
vagabond
Told ya so. hahahahahaha

537 days later

ethang5
ethang5
The world's most unpopular poster.

Author: Willows , 1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year agoAuthor: Willows , 1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago
1 year ago

New name, same zero-reply crap
BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas
-->
@ethang5

Ethang5,

As usual, you do not address the main topic at hand, but you rather run away from it again with irrelevant posts.  Just once subsequent to your banning, try and address the main topic. Can you do it? Do you need help from Mopac?  Or, can you actually do it by yourself this time?

Your presence within this forum is so predictable, at your expense.

BrotherDThomas
Debates: 2
BrotherDThomas

The reasoning of so many bibles being printed, is simply the fact that there're is approximately 325 Bible DIVISIONS of the faith that all need their correct interpretation of said bible!  As comically seen, even though they all contradict each other, each DIVISION of Christianity obviously has the correct interpretation. LOL!!!

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@ethang5
@Willows
Christians tend to be proud to claim that the Bible is the "best-selling book of all time", presumably because the insinuation is that so many copies have been sold.

Yes, that is a very informative thread you posted there Willows; I really appreciate your insight and intelligent, balanced reasoning.

And I really loved those posts of yours, some weird guy mentioned here. Some of them are an absolute hoot but of course, they all deliver a pertinent message.

It resonates with me because I checked into a Hotel not long ago not realising that they (the Gideon Society)  just simply place a Bible in every hotel room in order to artificially boost the sales.

What happened is that I thought the cleaners hadn't done their job properly and mistook the book for a piece of rubbish that was left behind. So I just threw it in the bin.

Salixes
Salixes
-->
@BrotherDThomas
The reasoning of so many bibles being printed, is simply the fact that there're is approximately 325 Bible DIVISIONS of the faith that all need their correct interpretation of said bible!  As comically seen, even though they all contradict each other, each DIVISION of Christianity obviously has the correct interpretation. LOL!!!
And in view of the fact that each division claims theirs to be the right one, they are all probably wrong.
ethang5
ethang5
Yes, that is a very informative thread you posted there Willows; I really appreciate your insight and intelligent, balanced reasoning. 
Ah, you are ashamed to admit you are willows! Lol.

I hope you pay him royalties for all his threads you've lifted.

This is going to be fun!