Do Christians Hallucinate?

Author: Willows

Read-only
Total: 8
Willows
Debates: 0
Willows
Well, here is one for sure having one heck of a hallucination.

.....talk about deluded.

595 days later

Tyrant_Rex
Tyrant_Rex
This is indeed a very painful video for anyone of faith to watch.

We are looking at someone here who is uttering the metaphorical phrases quite commonly heard in churches yet seems to be convinced that what he knows is quite literal.

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
For clarity: While I don't want to discriminate by saying the above two posters are the same person bumping their own spam. They do however share the same physical body.
Com_Soul
Com_Soul
-->
@Barney
For clarity: While I don't want to discriminate by saying the above two posters are the same person bumping their own spam. They do however share the same physical body.
I would call it more like sharing the same spiritual presence.
A bit like our Lord Jesus Christ really. They persecuted Him for His beliefs and they killed Him, but His spirit lives on and He will return, won't He?
Doesn't that sound nice?

And what you are inclined to call spam others would describe as a very relevant and thought-provoking post.

As is to be expected, those with a particular bias will resort to discrediting the post and the poster in order to divert attention away from the topic.

Do you have a worthwhile contribution to the topic?
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
Just lock thread or warn for spam. W/e u wanna do
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Willows
Do Christians Hallucinate?

I don't know about Christians but I have often wondered this about some of the biblical characters, Jesus and John the Baptist in particular and both Jews not Christians.  John swore he heard the voice of god telling him that Jesus was his son and swore that he seen doves come from the heaves as the clouds parted, but just  a few short verses later he denies even knowing Jesus and then doubts if Jesus is the messiah. 

Jesus seems convinced that he is speaking to someone - his father -  in the garden of Gethsemane. I don't know about you but this is another story that can only be explained as an  hallucinatory experience. Jesus wasn't spared of this absolute barbaric execution by "his father" or anyone else. In fact his "father" total ignored his own and only son's plea for relief and reprieve and didn't say a word to him. Not even a single word of comfort. It makes absolutely no sense at all does it.
Tyran_Owreck
Tyran_Owreck
-->
@Melcharaz
Just lock thread or warn for spam. W/e u wanna do
It is quite clear to deduce that this is the sort jumbled gibberish exemplified by the Scottish gentleman shown in the topic video. He was obviously deluded; you could see his eyes were bulging out of his head while he spoke. Yet when he was politely corrected he took exception and his deluded thoughts really started pouring out.

A characteristic of delusion is that the subject is completely unaware of his condition.
Tyran_Owreck
Tyran_Owreck
-->
@Stephen
It makes absolutely no sense at all does it.
Exactly, yet as with most incidences like this the person is either deluded, lying, or both.