dinosaurs existed at the same time as humans

Author: crossed

Total: 28
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
If dinosaurs did not exist when humans were around. Then why do ancient books like the bible describe dragons when humans were a thing. What about the story of how a dragon kidnapped a princess and the brave knight has to slay it. since they talked about killing dragons surely they saw them. why else would they now what they are. It was not until the early 1900 when Dino were discovered. Chinese story's have Chinese dragons. they had no connection to places like the middle east. plus there are those Europe area story's of brave knights slaying dragons

why are dinosaur footprints have human footprints in them

It almost like humans existed at the same time as dinosaurs and the human was tracking the Dino

According to evolution human have only been a thing for 2000 thousand years and Dino 336 million years ago.But almost every culture describes giant lizard that flys and breaths fire. Sorry i do not think so

Clearly they are just making up these numbers

crossed
crossed
A must watch YouTube video

n8nrgmi
Debates: 0
n8nrgmi
-->
@crossed
at first i thought you were just joking, i didn't think someone could seriously be arguing something so stupid 
crossed
crossed
-->
@n8nrgmi
Why is it stupid

20 days later

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@crossed
Dragons are also discussed in Harry Potter and the sorcerer's stone. Unless you are implying that this is evidence that dinosaurs exist in contemporary England then I don't see your point.

40 days later

crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin

Those harry potter dragons were based off the ones in the ancient stories so they count
crossed
crossed
-->
@secularmerlin
They literally drew dinosaurs of tryceratops on rocks and stuff

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@crossed
I admire your tenacity.

Nonetheless, stories are only stories. Designed to entertain and not designed to represent the truth.

And correct me if I am wrong, but I don't remember dragons in the Bible.

Also:  
If you are a creationist then you wouldn't really accept the concept of dinosaurs.

As, and again correct me if I am wrong . Neither do I remember dinosaurs being mentioned in the Bible.
Nemiroff
Debates: 15
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed
You believe hearsay too easily.
Dragons originally didnt even look like dragons. All over the world, and including very very early europe, they were more serpents then dinosaurs. Its not until middle ages europe that dragons started to look like a t-rex with wings.

Thus, the original and international stories of dragons do not match the descriptions of dinosaurs.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed

The earliest attested dragons resemble giant snakes. Dragon-like creatures are first described in the mythologies of the ancient Near East and appear in ancient Mesopotamian art and literature. Stories about storm-gods slaying giant serpents occur throughout nearly all Indo-Europeanand Near Eastern mythologies. Famous prototypical dragons include the mušḫuššu of ancient Mesopotamia; Apepin Egyptian mythology; Vṛtra in the Rigveda; the Leviathan in the Hebrew Bible; Python, Ladon, Wyvern, and the Lernaean Hydra in Greek mythology; Jörmungandr, Níðhöggr, and Fafnir in Norse mythology; and the dragon from Beowulf.

The popular western image of a dragon as winged, four-legged, and capable of breathing fire is an invention of the High Middle Ages, based on a conflation of earlier dragons from different traditions. In western cultures, dragons are portrayed as monsters to be tamed or overcome, usually by saints or culture heroes, as in the popular legend of Saint George and the Dragon. They are often said to have ravenous appetites and to live in caves, where they hoard treasure. 

The last part about ravenous monsters to be tamed or overcome is in stark contrast to chinese accounts of:

Dragons in eastern cultures are usually depicted as wingless, four-legged, serpentine creatures with above-average intelligence.

These may as well be completely different species. So maybe people lived at the same time as some large, flightless, non fire breathing sea serpents... but not dinosaurs.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Nemiroff
picture of stegosaurus and other dinosaurs. it is more than just dragons.

Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed
Like the face on mars, or pictures in the clouds, the hyman imagination is quick to make fake connections. 

A stegosaurus has a small head and no horns or ears. This is more likely a rhino with leaves around it. 

The next picture is definitely not a dragon, and i dont know what that textile is, but it could literally be anything.

Monster attributes like teeth, scales, fire, and large size are common fears of children with no connection to history. They are what we have nightmares about, and what we make our.myths about. The connection to real life dinosaurs is pure imagination.

crossed
crossed
A stegosaurus has a small head and no horns or ears. This is more likely a rhino with leaves around it.
i will be nice this is a not a rhino.it is obviously a stega

Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed
Look at that head. Look at a picture of an actual stegosaurus. It is nothing alike. 

Find a picture of that carving that is not at an angle.

Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed
Its interesting that both versions of the image that you linked are taken at an angle with the head away from the camera. Are all of the photos of this carving from your fake science sources angled the same way? Because that could be proof that they intentionally cherry pick their data and provide fake or misleading evidence for their anti-science claims.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Nemiroff
your in denial. this picture s very clear and is not a rino with leaves around it.I want to mock you for that.it is thousands of years old.the head is a little beaten up.they did not take the photo to cover that up.in fact that is sorta of what you are doing.you are picking the pictures that you can dismiss.many of the pictures are obviously dinosaurs.they drew on rocks  trex triceratops  Brachiosaurus,

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@zedvictor4
If you are a creationist then you wouldn't really accept the concept of dinosaurs.
That's actually just a minority. Most creationists don't deny the existence of dinosaurs.
<br>

zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@SirAnonymous
Exactly 

If you teach your kids nonsense and contradictions, then they will grow up believing in nonsense and contradictions.
Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed
You can mock me if you want, cause i might just mock you. Those rocks were made in the 1960s by a guy named Basilio Uschuya. They are fake.

As for that "stegosaurus," its amazing how 90% of the images i found show it facing forward, not at an angle.

Clear as day image. Look at that head. Look at a stegosaurus head. Nothing alike! 

Furthermore i addressed all the images in that article from the stega, to the wierd painting, to the tapestry. That is a false accusation about me being selective. Its not that hard to debunk these examples.
crossed
crossed
-->
@Nemiroff
I do not understand the denial. There are many painting that are as plain as day dinosaurs.But i can not believe that you believe it is a rhino with leaves around it.

i can not believe that you believe the stego on the door of the Cambodian Ta Prohm temple of the 12 century.IS a rino with leaves.The head is funny because it is old.

They would say it was fake if it was found.Since it is an ancient building they can not lie and say it was faked.
This is not the case with the ica stones.Some guy finds old stones it disagree with there narrative.Thus they are faked

the guy found them in 1960.But they mapped the world as it was 13 million years ago.How did he fake that

The enigmatic stones were discovered in Peru and allegedly depict the use of electromagnetic energy, pyramids, space travel, men looking at the stars with binoculars, the study of ancient petroglyphs and most shockingly maps of our planet as it was 13 million years ago. The stones were found in 1961 by farmers beneath the sands of the vast desert of Ocucaje, on the coast of the Department of Ica, Peru.

Dr. Cabrera had asked the farmer where he found the stones. The farmer was evasive and maintained his story that he made them himself for fear of being put in jail for the rest of his life. It has been determined by some that he was cohered into his confession. A total of about 15,000 of these stones have been recovered. The bulk of these are stored in the Ica Stones Museum in Peru.

Native American Petroglyph of the Brontosaurus.It is a cave drawing how is it not real.

Other are strange lizards and are not are not your everyday dinosaurs so you think you can dismiss them.Because it is not a trex.The other looks like a pachiosauous but is not an exact know dinosaurs and is weird looking so you dismiss

The next picture is definitely not a dragon, and i dont know what that textile is, but it could literally be anything.

it a dinosaurnot your everyday dinosaurs like trex or triceratops but it is dinosaur.
crossed
crossed

i still can not believe rhino with leaves around it.That is a new one

Paul
Paul
I’m beginning to think religion has a retarding effect onintelligence.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
ooooh i dont agree with this one
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@Paul
Religion was probably an inevitable consequence of evolutionary development. Just as intelligence and the acquisition of knowledge were also.

Maybe we will never know the significance of the process. 

Or maybe the process has no real significance. 

Maybe if the asteroid or whatever had missed the Earth. It would perhaps have been the dinosaurs descendants having this discussion.

Nemiroff
Nemiroff
-->
@crossed
I can understand your denial, people like to believe thungs they want to believe, but if you look at the other carvings around it:

Each one has something around the animal, flames/clouds, rocks, why is this one image the only one without stylistics around it? Thats because those are the stylistics. 

And if we ignore the stylistic blocks around the animal, no other part of the animal looks like a stegosaurus, you are clearly in denial of this. What does it being old have to do with the head looking nothing like its supposed to?!? Not only the head, but the tail looks nothing like it! Where are the spikes on the tail? Why are there spikes on the head instead? Wow. Very bad.

As for the guy who claimed he made them to not go to jail for selling ancient artifacts.... lol... im sure every pedlar of ancient artifacts will say he made them when caught.... except they can test the artifacts for authenticity. Since he didnt go to jail, those artifacts are fake cause authorities dont just believe the words of criminals blindly. Should i mock you again? :p

You WANT to believe these people lived with dinosaurs, so you WANT to see dinosaurs in their art. If you want to find something, you will. Just like the people looking for stock market tips in various holy books.

drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@crossed
If dinosaurs did not exist when humans were around. Then why do ancient books like the bible describe dragons when humans were a thing.
Because the Bible is myth.

What about the story of how a dragon kidnapped a princess and the brave knight has to slay it.
Also myth.

since they talked about killing dragons surely they saw them.
Well, no. You're talking about dragons. Have you seen one?

why else would they now what they are. It was not until the early 1900 when Dino were discovered. Chinese story's have Chinese dragons. they had no connection to places like the middle east. plus there are those Europe area story's of brave knights slaying dragons
Dragons have nothing to do with dinosaurs. Dragons originally referred to sea serpents and snakes. The iconic "fire-breathing, flying, reptile" depiction of the Western dragon didn't come about till the Middle Ages.

why are dinosaur footprints have human footprints in them
Because humans walked on dinosaur footprints that were already there.

According to evolution human have only been a thing for 2000 thousand years and Dino 336 million years ago.But almost every culture describes giant lizard that flys and breaths fire. Sorry i do not think so
Dinosaurs aren't giant lizards that fly and breath fire.

Clearly they are just making up these numbers
Someone is making something up, alright.
Paul
Paul
-->
@zedvictor4
Well it probably won't lower your IQ, but it does seem to destroy the ability to think rationally when it comes to things that do not agree with religious doctrine. When I look at those articles at Discovery World I can't help but find myself thinking, how can these people be so stupid?
zedvictor4
zedvictor4
-->
@drafterman
I think that the dragon, princess, knight thing was perhaps a fairy tale.