In-Site Debate Tournament (For Those Without Discord) Sign Ups.

Author: NotClub

Total: 54
NotClub
Debates: 4
NotClub
Inspired By Discord Debate Tournament By SupaDudz

Well first, I don't have discord, and have no intention of joining Discord just for debates. So for those of you who don't want to join discord or don't have discord, I propose an in-site debate tournament. 

There will be 16 people who sign up, 8 with a proposed non-troll debate topics, and 8 who choose. Whoever wins the debate will PM me and advance to the next bracket.  *THESE WILL BE REGULAR DEBATES AND NOT LIVE DEBATES*

Other Info:

Rewards:
Bragging rights and winning debates.

Rules:
1. Regular debating rules. 

2. Don't fake PM 

3. Title it like this:

TOURNAMENT (insert bracket number here): (insert debate title here)- (insert instigator name) (insert contender name here)

4. PM Format
I won the debate against (insert name) Here's the link: (link)

NotClub
NotClub
-->
@Barney
@Ramshutu
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Interested?
NotClub
NotClub
-->
@David
@bsh1
@blamonkey
@TheRealNihilist
@semperfortis
Interested?
NotClub
NotClub
-->
@Alec
@bmdrocks21
@vsp2019
@Christen
@Trent0405
Interested?
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@NotClub
I'm interested 
NotClub
NotClub
-->
@Our_Boat_is_Right
@dustryder
@PressF4Respect
@logicae
@Exile
INTERESTED?

NotClub
NotClub
1. Virtuoso (Awaiting debate topic)

NotClub
NotClub
-->
@David
1. Virtuoso (Awaiting debate topic)

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@RationalMadman
@David
@dustryder
@billbatard
@NotClub
I was going to have a debate with Virtuoso about Donald Trump, so if I take part in this, then I'm spreading myself too thin...

One topic that I had in mind was about our United States education system, how bad/broken it was, and how it can be fixed. That would be a great topic.

Let's see if Dustryder, RationalMadman, and Billbatard would also be interested in this.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Christen
I loathe the education system. I loathe every part of putting everyone in a box that the government controls and caters to their financial backers' interests.

I also loathe a random corporation shoving its religion down people's throats with an even more corrupt agenda as well as parents doing this at home via homeschooling. So, when you talk to me about education being broken, it's more of a 'survival of the fittest' kind of thing no matter how you try to cottonwool it for the masses.

Not everyone is smart enough to 'make it' in the world, we need road-pavers, wall painters, musicians, artists, shopkeepers and a whole array of people who have some form of genius that education can't cater to or measure. These people exist and are there in society, with no need at all for anything beyond rudimentary math, English (and/or their native tongue) and science (math including economics as in statistics) to handle their walk of life. These people are told to sit down, keep their mouths shut and study to regurgitate ideas and score a grade. 

Let me put it like this. There are two very different types of brilliant players in league of legends; mechanical geniuses and macro geniuses. You will find that the mechanical geniuses can 'learn' the macro decision making and make it very far in the Pro scene, whereas the 'macro geniuses' cannot learn how to make ingenious flashy plays or how to handle a team where people don't think in the ways they do about the overall map and concept etc. They find it extremely hard to translate their talents into the pro scene but make fantastic players, often you will find that out of the top 20 players every season outside of the pro scene in the game itself's season ranking, 14 are macro players and 6 are brutal mechanical players. The 6 brutal mechanical players in any region often are either pros or could easily make it as pros if they had the ambition to do so whereas the macro geniuses are rarely even streamers, since they're introverted geniuses who just want to be left alone but if they are streamers they are very much the quiet type.

Let's look at something like movies. You can learn your way into becoming a great soap-opera rom-com maker but you cannot learn, nor measure via examination, the kind of genius of Tarantino, Spielsberg, George Lucas etc. They are brilliant, they prove it in practise but if you examined them on 'this is what the textbook says on directing', it's likely Tarantino would score lowest with the other 2 struggling to agree with the general consensus on certain parts.

NotClub
NotClub
-->
@Christen
You in or not, and what's your debate topic.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@NotClub
/in can you just choose a debate topic for me?
NotClub
NotClub
-->
@WaterPhoenix
You have to choose
AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
-->
@RationalMadman
@Ramshutu
@oromagi
@NotClub
/in 
I am Pro-Smoking. Since I'll be 'gone' for a few days make the time to argue Two Weeks.

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@NotClub
PM debates would allow for a considerable degree of dishonesty. Plus, how would anyone be able to judge the content within the debate?
NotClub
NotClub
-->
@PressF4Respect
No not PM debates, like real debates on the site
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I am not good at debating all topics and I hate playing devil's advocate against a strong opponent because I become sick to my stomach typing shit I know is vile stuff that could convince someone to support Brexit, Trump or that NASA and the UN aren't part of a clandestine group.

It will be an absolute criteria that I get to agree to the topic and side before the debate ensues, otherwise I do not want to partake in it. I tried this vs blamonkey when sure, I was not as tailored to this site's audience in debating but I gave up after R1 of trying to prove that US should keep Saudi as an ally because honestly I dislike both nations and hope they see the bad side of each other.

I can't do that again, I accept you calling me a pansy. I am sensitive, it's true. I am emotionally powered when I believe in a debate that doesn't hold risk of harming me IRL (so I avoid exposing the true details of Illuminati or flat earth conspiracy beyond what another has compiled already, as if I were to do that then the Elite will truly be displeased with me, for now I keep me head low enough and provide just as little evidence as it required for me to be on the 'tame truther' list, oh yes there is such a list they have and I am certain I am on it).
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@NotClub
If I cannot choose my side, I do not want in. This is VERY important to me and I will happily be called a pathetic coward who runs from tournaments if need be.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
"pathetic coward who runs from tournaments"
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@NotClub
Ok. So, like, regular debates then, just with a select panel of judges. 

There should be a comment made at the beginning of each round tagging the predetermined judges (selected from the list of participants) + you for their attention.

This would get rid of the PM portion completely. 

But yeah, I'll try to be in, although I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it.

/maybe

Our_Boat_is_Right
Debates: 16
Our_Boat_is_Right
Sorry, not interested. I would probably lose sooner or later anyway :)

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@NotClub
Yesssssss please count me in
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
Don't own a microphone so I can't participate, but I appreciate the offer.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Trent0405
Read it slowly, take every word in, breathe in the realisation that you were wrong all along...

;D
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
Well I'm stupid but I still wont be participating...………………...
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Trent0405
Stupidity isn't important to admit oneself has. Instead, appreciate that true stupidity lies in the inability to identify it in oneself, or to falsely notice it in others.

Your Conservative beliefs and way of seeing some nations as 'greater than' others in some kind of grand objective scaling highlight that much more than one skim reading going wrong.

Errors in thinking, laziness in logic-pathing in the brain and refusal to care about it are cancers of the human condition. People are so worried about being happy that they forget to be correct (and call people like me the ones who are 'lost', just ask John Lennon).
NotClub
NotClub
1. Virtuoso (Awaiting debate topic and position)
2. Avoid Death (Pro, Smoking)
3. Speedrace (Awaiting debate top and position)
4 PressF4Respect (maybe)

Judges:
NotClub
NotClub
RM:
Yes you most definitely can

NotClub
NotClub
More Info:

Judges will be pre-selected to vote on each debate. if you are a judge, please notify in advance if you can't vote. 

All debates must be set to judicial decision. 

Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
Your Conservative beliefs and way of seeing some nations as 'greater than' others in some kind of grand objective scaling highlight that much more than one skim reading going wrong.
Huh? How do conservative beliefs and thinking some countries are greater than others make prove my stupidity, not trying to say I'm not stupid in a lot of ways but this isn't an example of that.

Some nations are greater than others, America is greater than Zimbabwe, Canada is greater than Cambodia, and Japan is greater than North Korea.