Climate Change

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 55
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
At some point the increase in temp could be a problem, but I don't know what that number would be or if we'd actually reach it.

Long read but I guess helpful. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
NASA Says Earth Is Greener Today Than 20 Years Ago Thanks To China, India

maybe it's not all gloom and doom after all.

Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds
"carbon dioxide fertilization isn’t the only cause of increased plant growth—nitrogen, land cover change and climate change by way of global temperature, precipitation and sunlight changes all contribute to the greening effect. "

plants do need carbon dioxide after all

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
I am guessing it would be greener given stuff like solar panels but those are still pretty shite. Cost are a lot. Difficult to repair if not in rare locations that can repair.
maybe it's not all gloom and doom after all.
The Earth's going to be hotter and I ain't going to like it. I prefer rain but now I should be expecting harsher winds which is bad so both warmth and rain will be bad. One even worse and another a good to a bad.
Carbon Dioxide Fertilization Greening Earth, Study Finds
"carbon dioxide fertilization isn’t the only cause of increased plant growth—nitrogen, land cover change and climate change by way of global temperature, precipitation and sunlight changes all contribute to the greening effect. "

plants do need carbon dioxide after all
But if trees the I think biggest users of CO2 are chopped down where is all of the CO2 going to go? Not mentioning that if trees are not around to use the CO2 they can't make that into oxygen. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@TheRealNihilist
roof top gardens in cities help, green spaces etc, perhaps that could be a focus rather than "climate change"?  who isn't going to agree we should have the cleanest air and water practical?  there's constant forest fires in California which could be prevented or minimized but they'd rather build houses on sides of mountains then cry when the mudslides wipe them out and all the plants along with it.

8 days later

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
climate change os fake
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I pretty sure that algae is the largest consumer of CO2 and the biggest producer of oxygen.

Though, correct me if I am wrong.

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
All things being equal, people who have money are generally better educated and more informed than people with much less money.

Banks are still willing to risk 30-year mortgages, and Millionaires are still purchasing beachfront property.

The End.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@zedvictor4
It is. I think 80%?

CO2 is a really tiny percentage of the atmosphere, so plants can definitely use any sort of boost of it.

A planet with more plant life isn't going to destroy the population of humans.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@Greyparrot

All things being equal, people who have money are generally better educated and more informed than people with much less money.

Banks are still willing to risk 30-year mortgages, and Millionaires are still purchasing beachfront property.

The End.
This only works if people with money always are more clever than people without money. Trump is a perfect example. He is rich but dumb. Just this alone shows "The End" is not an absolute. 

The second line is about no risk schemes made by the bank that they barely have to do anything to climate change not being a problem? Simply giving people money and getting more back is not a sign of the climate isn't changing. Have you thought this through or are you making non-sequitur comments without knowing it? 

Millionaires can be dumb like Trump so dumb people are buying property would have to spend a lot on maintaining it if near oceans or extreme weathers. Still not a sign of the climate not changing. 

In the first line you say all things are equal then you talk about an inequality which is money. Care to tell me what is going on with the first statement?

To summarize like almost always you don't know what you are talking about because if I accept generalities like most people are Christian then the Biblical God exists but empiricially that has yet to be the case. Please come back with a better argument than generalities, lack of evidence and contradictions. 
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Greyparrot
they actually pump in extra CO2 into greenhouses which increases plant growth and yields.  Whatever "extra" there is will be consumed/used by plants provided they have the space grown in.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
He is rich but dumb.
Or he makes dumb people think he is dumb so he can get an easy re-election.

After all, if the crazy left took Trump seriously, they would never field such garbage opponents like Biden and Warren.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
If a greener planet means less humans, who am I to argue?

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@Greyparrot
Or he makes dumb people think he is dumb so he can get an easy re-election.

Occam's Razor states otherwise. We judge people by their actions. Trump has done multiple actions which is considered dumb or not intelligent. Not my problem you like to make some bs up. Come back to me when you have an actual point instead of special pleading. 
After all, if the crazy left took Trump seriously, they would never field such garbage opponents like Biden and Warren.
Neither of them are garbage compared to Trump. Your delusion is clouding you from it. You thinking ACA or multi-player healthcare is bad even though other developed countries who have used it have shown to have higher life expectancy and higher quality of care. Please bring up a point instead of calling people garbage without demonstrating it.

9 days later

ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
@TheRealNihilist
1} Over population  ---for systems we have in place--- is the primary driver to most,if not all of humanities self induced probems.  This is a minimal brainer to those who do not have ego based blockage to truth and facts,

2} population overload for systems we have in place,

3} 7.5 billion people for the inadequate systems we have in place,

4} see 1, 2 and 3 above

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Trump has done multiple actions which is considered dumb or not intelligent. Not my problem you like to make some bs up. Come back to me when you have an actual point instead of special pleading. 

What has he DONE that you think is dumb?

Deregulating businesses so they can provide more jobs for everyone?

Lowering illegal crossings through a variety of strategies?

Lowering taxes and therefore, the power of government to strip away freedom and opportunity?

Reducing our military footprint around the world, therefore stripping the crony military-industrial complex of power while saving American military lives?

Reforming prisons?

Go on with your list of dumb things. I'll wait.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
@Greyparrot

Unblock me then I'll tell you.
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Greyparrot
@TheRealNihilist
...."According to the Worldwatch Institute, an environmental think tank, the Earth has 1.9 hectares of land per person for growing food and textiles for clothing, supplying wood and absorbing waste. The average American uses about 9.7 hectares.

....These data alone suggest the Earth can support at most, one-fifth of the present population, 1.5 billion people, at an American standard of living."....

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I didn't know I had you blocked, sorry.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I usually only block Ad-hom trolls, you haven't done anything like that to me or anyone else so I don't know why you were blocked.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This only works if people with money always are more clever than people without money. Trump is a perfect example. He is rich but dumb. Just this alone shows "The End" is not an absolute. 

Also, my general rule was about rich people in general. It had nothing to do with Trump. A fool and their money are often parted as a rule.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
The second line is about no risk schemes made by the bank that they barely have to do anything to climate change, not being a problem? Simply giving people money and getting more back is not a sign of the climate isn't changing.

Plenty of banks that did not get bailed out by Bush and Obama failed. It's certainly not risk-free to lend out money for 30-year loans when the planet is going to be toast in 12 years. That would be like giving out million-dollar life insurance policies to terminally ill patients.

The banks are obviously ignoring any of the yapping about the economy being toast in the next 30 years.

Al Gore, like many other millionaires, is ignoring the dire predictions of flooded beachfront property because he has a home there and isn't planning on selling it any time soon.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
You blocked me I think about the comment I made on your climate change forum topic.

Trump is dumb means he did bad. I could defend he is dumb as in not intelligent but that doesn't really matter. 

Cheated on his wife

He's dumb (I'll call him not intelligent as well)
Link: "They start forming off the coast of Africa, as they’re moving across the Atlantic, we drop a bomb inside the eye of the hurricane and it disrupts it. Why can’t we do that?”

Lies
Link: Take your pick from the link. 

Given you have talked about the more warmer issues and I much rather hear your evidence behind every single claim. Please do support the claims you made earlier while also telling me I am wrong here followed up by me disagreeing probably. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
That's fine I can cite thousands of dumb things he has said to appear dumb.

What has he done?

Also, how do you feel about Al Gore buying a beach house for millions of dollars? Do you think Al Gore is dumb?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Greyparrot
That's fine I can cite thousands of dumb things he has said to appear dumb.

What has he done?
What did I say that you are arguing against? 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I can understand your position that trump is rich due to luck, not brains, but that's absolutely not the norm.

70% of lucky lottery winners end up penniless. There is most certainly a brain component behind being able to hang on to wealth.