@TheRealNihilist
@Discipulus_Didicit
thoughts on s6 trailer
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
There was a time I watched TV shows. I don't. I play video games and watch YouTube and Twitch.

Sorry.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
ahhh ok
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Okay so apparently season 6 is going to be the final season. I did not know that before and obviously that has huge implications for previous predictions.

Guess it should not be too much of a surprise given that new show the creators of Bojack Horseman are working on that has been getting so much hype, but honestly I did not connect that with the idea that BJH might have to come to an end.

Other than that I have mixed feelings on the implications that just about every main character is going to be seeing some huge character development. Not just the obvious ones like Bojack in rehab and my favorite character PC having to balance her career life with her newfound personal life, but also MPB potentially coming to terms with his own dysfunctions and possibly meeting Todd's parents.

One one hand character development of this nature - the type that keeps the show feeling like one big story rather than hundreds of episode sized stories - is what seperates good shows from great shows. It is a good thing that they are willing to continue to do this but I am worried that this may be a sign that they were not originally planning on season 6 being the last season and are rushing things a bit to fit everything they wanted in. BJH seasons tend to be longer than other shows and the writters are pretty good with managing parallel plot lines at the episodic level so this worry may be unfounded but is still there.

I normally don't watch trailers and did not even know this one existed until I read your post but I kinda had to because this is such a great show. That and because you asked me to.

You know what my problem is? I can't say no to people. Because I want everyone to like me.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Okay so apparently season 6 is going to be the final season. I did not know that before and obviously that has huge implications for previous predictions.
Agreed. I knew it would end in S6 because I have a VERY GOOD NICHE at knowing when these types of shows will end and it looked like things were going up 

Other than that I have mixed feelings on the implications that just about every main character is going to be seeing some huge character development. Not just the obvious ones like Bojack in rehab and my favorite character PC having to balance her career life with her newfound personal life, but also MPB potentially coming to terms with his own dysfunctions and possibly meeting Todd's parents.
I have a positive outlook on the future. I think it will be interesting to see what happens with Bojack more because he is the central focus overall and the one that can potential have the most drastic change behind PC
One one hand character development of this nature - the type that keeps the show feeling like one big story rather than hundreds of episode sized stories - is what seperates good shows from great shows. It is a good thing that they are willing to continue to do this but I am worried that this may be a sign that they were not originally planning on season 6 being the last season and are rushing things a bit to fit everything they wanted in. BJH seasons tend to be longer than other shows and the writters are pretty good with managing parallel plot lines at the episodic level so this worry may be unfounded but is still there.

I think it was sorta planned in a sense. It took longer than usual to produce, so I think they will do fine overall tbh

25 days later

Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Hmmm...i've watched ep1 and ep2 and i am a fan as of now, dont spoil if finished
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Chicago is in Bojack hell yes
Vader
Vader

PORTILLOS IS IN BOJACK, PORTILLOS IS IN BOJACK OMG
Vader
Vader
Yuck the Cubs are in here
Vader
Vader
I like their mocking of Chicagoans
Vader
Vader
dont diss my city bojack or ill beat ya ass it's a 312 thang bruh
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I don’t want to spoil, but right now, your prediction seems right after Part 1. Wtf is this rushing bullshit
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
I don’t want to spoil, but right now, your prediction seems right after Part 1.

I am going to start tonight probably since I finally have a night off lol.

Wtf is this rushing bullshit

Yeah, I predicted that based off of that new show they are making that I mentioned. I also read somewhere that part of the reason Netflix is cancelling is because of a new union the creators joined, though both the creators and Netflix deny that was actually a contributing factor.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I’m not gonna spoil, but the last episode is very, wtf’y
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
After looking over reviews now and opinions, this was definetly rushed. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
This new show of theirs better be good if it is going to interfere with BJH

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
They did not give MPBs storyline enough screen time in my opinion.

I loved how they handled the return of Judah though. PC just offered him his old job and he doesn't say anything about what happened before, just goes right back to helping like nothing ever happened. Typical Judah. Grated strongly against the seasons theme of resolution but fit well with his character.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
That seemed to be the common diss of S6P1
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Diss?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Like the overall criticism
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Like the overall criticism
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
You mean the thing about MPB, Judah, or the resolution theme?

I have not read any season 6 reviews but knowing BJH fans I assume you mean the third, your post makes it unclear though. I really doubt you meant the second. From what I can tell most people loved Judah and were really hoping to see him come back.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
MPB
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Oh yeah. I would have to solidly agree on that one. Given that everyone seems to be suddenly working through problems from their past and the trailer you linked highly suggesting that Mister would be doing so as well... I kind of feel bad that he seems to not be working through his problems and instead just continuing his old shenanigans trying to ignore his dysfunctions. I once said that PC is my favourite character and that is still true but MPB is one of the most relatable for me personally and I was really looking forward to seeing how he would start on his path to closure.

Although I will say that scene of him and Bojack in the museum... Definitely one of my favorite scenes in the entire show. All seasons. No question about it.

95 days later

Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Feel like crying tonight, watch this season. All I can say that it is masterful 
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Ok will do today or tomorrow.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I think you will enjoy the ending
Vader
Vader
This season 2nd part may be some of the best writing I have ever seen. This is truly one some of the best writing ever for a cartoon and shows a lot about life. Please watch this show
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Watch any yet?