The Solution To Poverty?

Author: ethang5

Total: 336
dave2242
Debates: 0
dave2242
-->
@Tejretics
i think ethang is dead forgot about this website or is really busy (i think its all 3)
Titanium
Debates: 2
Titanium
-->
@ethang5
Kill all the poor people! 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
If you really want to be specific. Everyone apart from 1 person would need to be k*lled. So guess you are advocating for human extinction apart from Jeff Bezos. 

Titanium
Titanium
We could just kill 8 to reduce poverty by half which may be more sensible than my first plan.  Bezos being one.
Tiwaz
Debates: 11
Tiwaz
I'm no economist, but I don't think this would do anything but inflate the dollar. Would relative wealth even change?
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@sadolite
complete irrelevant blather, you talk to hear yourself talk
We can only hope that others can step outside their narrowed-mind existence on occasion.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Tejretics
Money only has value because we create such value—so it is a limited resource, albeit not an intangible one.
Yeah, is called the golden rule, those who have the gold make the rules { values } of money and other.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Titanium
Some depressed or depressed and poor do that intentionally or un-intentionally with their actions. Ex trying to come to USA via a big desert.

Poor people have a whole differrent set of circumstances.  And within that set we have many differrent cultures of poor people and their circumstances have pull or push on what those people may choose to do.

Living poorly at in amazon, Borneo, Australian out back  is not the same set of circumstances of big city poverty.  The chances of dying younger is greater in both circumstances, for the general population.

10 days later

Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@ethang5
A way to curb international poverty is to buy their stuff.  This way, the locals get money and their trading partner gets the resources at a reduced rate.

A way to curb US poverty is to make divorce illegal if the family has at least 1 kid.  I don't know of a good punishment for illegal divorce yet.  Single mothers and single fathers account for 11% of US families but account for 62% of the poverty stricken families.  We need to eliminate divorce if we want poverty to be reduced substantially.  Since this affects non whites disproportionally, banning divorce would also help reduce the racial divide in America while improving living quality for the offspring of both races.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Titanium
We could just kill 8 to reduce poverty by half which may be more sensible than my first plan.  Bezos being one.
If you do that, then who would run these companies?  The 1% contribute significantly to society for their wealth with the exception of inheritance.  As the rich get richer, the poor get richer too, just not by as much since the rich are the ones making society better.  Also, Bill Gates is a philanthropic.  Why would you want to kill him?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
Problem is that it will create a gap that needs to be filled. Bezos has money and by killing him you would have to actually distribute that wealth well or someone who is in his will or something gets his money so basically you are still back to square one. Tax avoidance is a problem that needs to be addressed and more redistributive policies is a solution. 

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@Alec
Yeah, I'm kidding and I don't really know what I think about this 1% issue currently.  I used to be for all out unrestricted capitalism.  I guess that's ideal but then I see that the rich buy laws and power to keep them rich and keep competition out.  So many lobbyists and companies are anti market.

Bill gates is not a philanthropist.  Guess who runs his foundation and uses it to pressure those organizations it donates to in order to influence policy in their favor?  Bill and Melinda Gates.  This is a very common way for the rich to claim to be philanthropists... personally I don't believe such a thing exists.  Also guess what?  All that money is stacked up into a foundation fund and they choose the successors, likely their kids, who will not have to have actual talent because they have used their resources to stack the deck legally in favor of keeping the company thriving even if they are stagnant internally.

Can't help but notice you did not react to my joke about killing all the poor people.  I was kidding again but I do have to ask you; is there any level of wealth inequality you would find intolerable?  Keep in mind these large booms in wealth are normally generated by a fluke opportunity and chance (this is true of Bill Gates who reached the 10,000 hour level of expertise in programming before anyone else other than the apple people and a few others) not genius and hard work and then maintained by buying a lot of lobbyists to enact laws in your favor.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah, I guess killing all the poor people was more realistic.  I'll agree.  My main objection to the Trump tax plan is that they did not trim the budget in an effort to pay for it and it is creating massive deficits.  It's still sort of a gamble but there's enough quibbling over small issues amongst economists that I have a sense that it is positive as far as attracting big business assets back to the states and allowing exemptions on R&D for example.  The tax avoidance issue got out of control and Obama was working toward a solution but never got there.  The high taxes on business are borne by mid and low level companies while larger companies are more mobile and just moved their taxable assets overseas.  
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
Yeah, I guess killing all the poor people was more realistic.  I'll agree. 
No. Poor is dependent on what you mean by it. If it is a percentage of the population doing worse than the working class then eventually when you k*ll them off the working class will be apart of that then you k*ll them of the middle class would have to be k*lled off. That is a bad idea.
My main objection to the Trump tax plan is that they did not trim the budget in an effort to pay for it and it is creating massive deficits. 
So it wasn't that not everyone got a tax cut instead the rich?
The high taxes on business are borne by mid and low level companies while larger companies are more mobile and just moved their taxable assets overseas.  
Which should be addressed.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@TheRealNihilist
No. Poor is dependent on what you mean by it. If it is a percentage of the population doing worse than the working class then eventually when you k*ll them off the working class will be apart of that then you k*ll them of the middle class would have to be k*lled off.
All right you've got me.  Lets just do the noble thing and walk arm and arm to extinction.

So it wasn't that not everyone got a tax cut instead the rich? 

Well that did suck but I think this was a heavily pushed talking point that was not entirely accurate.  I'm not really qualified to look at it and establish an opinion so I have to glean what I can from economists.  My takeaway, from what I have been able to glean, is that it will, likely, encourage job growth and will ultimately generate more tax revenue from the largest companies that are currently evading all taxes.  These massive tax plans are always a gamble.  You can't exactly have multiple trial runs in a lab and what we can observe from other countries is tempered by major differences.  I don't get the impression we will know for five years.

The news I watch is often biased to the left.  I trust myself to understand the horrendous facts I do about Trump who cares only works for himself and his wealth.  He was hired to run the government not twist the government to his maniacal, crazy whims.  This is clear by facts even when I catch them getting heavily slanted toward the liberal end of the spectrum.

Large tax bills are another story.  I'm not going to read it and I would not understand the impact if I did.  I trust economists here over any news media outlet and really I'd prefer an objective, expert outside source for everything but that's just not practical.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
All right you've got me.  Lets just do the noble thing and walk arm and arm to extinction.
K*lling poor people does not solve the problem. What part of that don't you understand? 

I gave you a response to your motivational speaking. 

Titanium
Titanium
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I'm kidding and I don't advocate the extinction of the human race as a solution to poverty.  Didn't mean to be a downer.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Titanium
Assume everything you say on this site unless it's in the funny section or something will be taken seriously.
Titanium
Titanium
-->
@Alec
Ok, some do advocate extinction but I have never heard advocates of killing the poor or very rich but I'm sure they're out there.  I'm not one of them.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Titanium
Ok, some do advocate extinction
Their called the deep ecologists

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Titanium
I'm kidding and I don't advocate the extinction of the human race as a solution to poverty.  Didn't mean to be a downer.
I can't really gauge very well if it isn't blatant and I am pretty annoyed as is. 

Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
The solution to poverty is mandatory vasectomies of all male children at birth. When they acquire the skills to be productive enough to afford a reversal procedure, then they have earned the opportunity to procreate. Solves poverty and deadbeat unmarried dads with one simple policy.
Alec
Alec
-->
@Greyparrot
The solution to poverty is mandatory vasectomies of all male children at birth. When they acquire the skills to be productive enough to afford a reversal procedure, then they have earned the opportunity to procreate.
Are vasectomy procedures reversible?  Unless you did this procedure on you, isn't it hypocritical?

Also, what if everyone or virtually everyone who is successful enough to reproduce has a vasectomy from birth but doesn't have the will to get the reversal?  Then the human race dies unless immortality is created.

I stand by my solution to make divorce illegal and punishable by jail time.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Alec
Poverty is the inevitable result of overpopulation.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
The solution to poverty is mandatory vasectomies of all male children at birth.
That is one step less than castration and one more than,

1} supplying highly effective condoms  --male and female-- to the the people,

2} as well as comprehensive sex education at at puberty.

When they acquire the skills to be productive enough to afford a reversal procedure, then they have earned the opportunity to procreate.
Skills are learned from those adults around you. If the majority of adults are practicing crimminal or immoral actions then we have a more societal issue to deal with than can be addressed in various ways.  Some more rational, logical and empatheticall compassion than others

Solves poverty
No it does not

and deadbeat unmarried dads with one simple policy.
Married or not is mostly irrelevant to overpopulation issues

Your simplistic viewpoints lack of comprehensive, empathetic and compassionate points-of-view.  Such is the way of the narrow, short-sighted mind.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@mustardness
Compassion is immoral. It's like keeping animals in a zoo to gawk at.

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
Compassion is immoral.
Huh you are a morally confused person.

It's like keeping animals in a zoo to gawk at
Huh? No its the exact opposite. Your appear to be a confused person morally and otherwise.

Compassion is to remove animals from their cages and place back into their with great freedoms to behave in their natural habitat.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@mustardness
Letting things suffer in nature is pure sadism.
mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Greyparrot
Letting things suffer in nature is pure sadism.
Huh? None of your comments seem to be related to each other in any coherent way.  I think your a confused person morally and based on the last few posts, mentally confused also.  Maybe your just having a bad day. I dunno.

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@mustardness
Morality is survival.