DART Moral Alignment test (most accurate I've ever done)

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 30
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman

The questions where it's a series, do NOT allow yourself to read ahead or to go back and change your answer to the one before based on what comes next. It is very accurate in how it paces the questioning and situations it throws you into. If you want accurate results, live with what you chose no matter how things end up being. I actually tested this by forcing myself to do the entire quiz 2 days later and I got exactly the same result, meaning it truly is testing your moral alignment and not just mood. There was a 2% variance between the day before and day after so perhaps one of my answer changed, very slightly.

My result was True Neutral, and I know this could belong in the philosophy section of this website but I am very curious where specific DART members end up on it and would be interested in discussing individual questions as well. I got 'True Neutral' with my secondary being Chaotic Neutral and tertiary being Chaotic Good. I feel this is extremely accurate, more so than the classic test which kept giving me Chaotic Neutral because it would force you to be chaotic or lawful in many scenarios where the 'neutral' option is too neutral indeed.

I feel that both how they get your result, as well as how they describe the result is very accurate. It doesn't describe you as more or less than what you are due to being that alignment.

A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
Neutral Good
Lawful Good
Chaotic Good

Lawful Neutral
True Neutral
Lawful Evil

Chaotic Neutral
Neutral Evil
Chaotic Evil

Looking at this, you'd say N-G, right? I'd actually argue I'm lawful good. No question on the good, as all 3 top are goods but moving down, my first repeat on lawful vs chaos is lawful instead of a 2nd neutral. And actually, counting just the top 2 it's 3-2-1 of lawful neutral chaotic.

I'd like to say I'm L-G cuz I'm hella nice IRL. If I were a DnD character I'd be a depressed paladin.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Looking at this, you'd say N-G, right? I'd actually argue I'm lawful good. No question on the good, as all 3 top are goods but moving down, my first repeat on lawful vs chaos is lawful instead of a 2nd neutral. And actually, counting just the top 2 it's 3-2-1 of lawful neutral chaotic.

How big were the gaps between your results? I got TN at 87% with my second place being LN at 44%. The rest were all between 36% and 43% except CG and CE which were both in the lower 20's. Much larger gap between 1 and 2 than I expected.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
Woah, dat big. Gap was 15% (90 and 75)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
My gap was 25% (as shown by the percentages in the image)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
The lawful good person is less 'good' than the neutral good person, in case you were confused.
AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
@RM
I'm true neutral too.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Your Result: True Neutral

79%
You view the world in an unbiased manner, acting mostly on either your own self interest or on the best objective course. This can mean you enjoy creating balance between all forces, meaning you may do actions that involve Good as well as Evil, respecting authority like Lawful with the skepticism of Chaotic; or, you may simply draw your line in the sand, and go your separate way. This develops you into the archetypal "on-the-fence" person.
---
59%
Neutral Good

51%
Lawful Good

43%
Lawful Neutral

41%
Chaotic Good

40%
Chaotic Neutral

40%
Neutral Evil

24%
Chaotic Evil

23%
Lawful Evil

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
I could argue against that. RM

Also, I'm still blocked

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Why did you ignore me on forums and PM without a single apology or explanation and call yourself my fan on your profile while blatantly not being it?
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
I'm chill and just didn't yet

Then you fricked out too quickly

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
Your Result: Neutral Good

89%
You do your best to help as many people as possible. Sometimes you cooperate with authority, and sometimes you act independently; some may call you an idealist, though you know in your heart and your head that what you're doing is right. This particular zeal develops you into the archetypal "champion", as you fight evil and corruption everywhere you go.

77%
Lawful Good

74%
Chaotic Good

65%
Lawful Neutral

63%
True Neutral

47%
Lawful Evil

42%
Chaotic Neutral

23%
Neutral Evil

11%
Chaotic Evil

What was the purpose of the element question at the end though? 

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
True Neutral

You view the world in an unbiased manner, acting mostly on either your own self interest or on the best objective course. This can mean you enjoy creating balance between all forces, meaning you may do actions that involve Good as well as Evil, respecting authority like Lawful with the skepticism of Chaotic; or, you may simply draw your line in the sand, and go your separate way. This develops you into the archetypal "on-the-fence" person.

72%
Chaotic Neutral

57%
Chaotic Good

55%
Neutral Evil

49%
Neutral Good

49%
Chaotic Evil

47%
Lawful Evil

38%
Lawful Neutral

32%
Lawful Good. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
I'm chill and just didn't yet

Then you fricked out too quickly

Wait that thread was about you? lol, didn't I make a similar thread about you on DDO a few years ago while black-out drunk? hold on, let me go look for it...
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
I'm 84% lawful good, not surprised
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
True neutral as well. How boring
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
True Neutral is not boring at all, this test accurately depicts the depth of a true neutral character.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
I actually took the test. I thought I would probably come out as lawful good, but chaotic good beat it by 2%.

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
didn't I make a similar thread about you on DDO a few years ago while black-out drunk? hold on, let me go look for it...

Found it.

Good times.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Mopac
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
@A-R-O-S-E
So you non-TN types... How many of you did it right and chose options that you would actually do in those situations and how many of you did it wrong and chose what they considered to be the morally best option?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I did what I thought I would actually do. Which, for the most part I think would match up with what I consider the best option morally.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I did what I thought I would actually do
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Anyway, since this is beginning to 'decay' in validity and exploration of the topic at hand, I will reveal my answers and discuss them with anyone who wants to:
Your country is holding an election for its new leader. Which candidate would you vote for?
I will listen to what each candidate says, and then decide
When you make a promise...
You do the best you can, though some things may happen
When at a formal occasion, you normally...
Wait until you fulfill your purpose, then leave at the nearest convenience
The zombie apocalypse has recently arrived at your region. Which actions do you most likely feel inclined to do?
Gather a group of survivors, and use any means to take back your town/city

You hear a baby bird chirping in a nearby tree. You see that its parents have abandoned it. What do you do?
I think this was the answer that changed in my two times doing it. I was torn between:
  1. Leave it be; it is tragic, though you do not know how to care for it, and may make it worse
  2. Drop the nest to the ground; the bird is dead anyways, might as well feed a hungry wolf or something
I ended up selecting the latter option the second time around, but it would depend how bothered I was. The latter option is the better thing to do, genuinely. I would ensure its brain stopped experiencing the agony but leave its body to be put to good natural use. If you're curious, if you take it home to 'feed' its beak barely opens and usually is sealed shut. Abandoned birds usually were premature and the parents didn't know how to feed it because it genuinely is too hard to open the beak sometimes.

Which of these characters is your favorite?
Gollum

You could not live without...
Fun

This is part one of several for a story-like scenario: While taking a walk down your street, you see two people arguing in an alley. Curious, you approach and watch, though stay hidden. Within seconds, one shoots the other, and runs out. They run into you, a large bag of money in their hands, point the gun at you, and ask what you saw. Your response?
Say you saw nothing, and tell the police when they leave

Part two: Somehow or another, the story of the shooting gets out, and you are asked to testify in court. What do you do?
Refuse; you do not want to put your life at risk for someone you did not know

Part three: Your kidnappers take the cloth bag off of your head, and a bright light shines in your eyes. Whatever you just did obviously did not go very well. The main boss offers you a deal, to keep quiet or sleep with the fishes. What do you do?
No use keeping it up; you agree

Part four: So, it all turned out well in the end. You walk away with plenty of money, whether a bribe, reward from the police, or what you found on the bodies. What do you spend it on?
Savings, investments

Of these animals, which do you like best?
Dog

Part one of another story: Someway or another, you have been teleported to the old American West. Which job do you try for?
Bounty Hunter
Part two: A train company has begun constructing a rail outside your town. How do you react?
Sell goods to the workers at reasonable prices

I may sell them the goods at reasonable prices to then bribe them to keep things quiet, so I also was going for the 'keep them quiet' goal here.

Part three: A fight breaks out in the saloon. What is your involvement?
You broke it up.

Given the skills I'd gain in martial arts and my general standing in things, I'd more likely do this than the rest.

Part four: While surveying a good spot for a house on your recently purchased homestead, you stumble onto a gold mine. How do you handle it?
Keep the gold for yourself. It is your land now

Part five: A protest is breaking out in the town square against the mayor for suspected racketeering, and it may escalate into a riot. What steps do you take?
Head home and secure your house; you can not risk your nor your family's safety

Without context or motive to join or quell it, I'd opt to play it safe.

Last question, unrelated to the previous story: Of these, which chemical element is your favorite?
Carbon (C)

Most useful of the offered elements, by far. Probably would defeat oxygen in options if I had to choose, because without Carbon, oxygen has no value (CO2 wouldn't exist and plants wouldn't recycle it for us).

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@RationalMadman
 But, without oxygen, carbon would have no value too 😐
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Speedrace
Wrong. Everything natural is built upon it.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@RationalMadman
 But everything (or almost everything) living needs oxygen to live so
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Speedrace
Plants, rocks, sand, the bark of the trees not just themselves, your flesh, skin, blood, it's all built on carbon based molecules or based on other molecules that directly interact with carbon.

You're right about living beings actually taking in oxygen-based compounds but carbon is both the air AND their actual bodies. Everything is based on it.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@RationalMadman
 But, with the exception of rocks and sand, all of those are useless in the absence of oxygen
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I don't get your point.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I did what I thought would be happening to me, like in the question about the bar fight I'd like to be the guy who plays piano the whole time but I'm probably the guy who was getting mugged