A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
"You pray so badly for heaven
Knowing any day might be the day that you die
But maybe life on earth could be heaven
Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth the try?"
-Bo Burnham-

I'm christian and this got me thinking, would God lie about heaven?

I came up with a series of questions here.

Your faith doesn't get stronger if you don't poke at it occasionally.

1). Marriage and boredom in heaven. Surely one would get bored of the same person for all eternity, or get bored of their job. Right? Would be as we are now in heaven?

2). We're here because of sin, right? If we die do our earth memories die with our sin? If that is so, are we even the same entity and is it right to punish an entity that has no memory or connection to their actions on earth?

3). Perhaps God, to let the people who can't handle it, made religion(s) to help certain people (like me probably) cope with death. God would be aware of question 1 and 2, would that make it right to lie or just let us die, maybe there is no word or intervention of god on earth. In the song there is the line "You're not going to heaven, you're just a bad game of Sims". Maybe, there is an all powerful and omniscient God and it decides to not intervene or simply helps up cope so a number of us can move on with our lives.

4). If you were God, how would you approach this problem? You made humans and earth and you have this problem of heaven or burning your own values (#1) or removing a part of humans (#2) so that we are a little more like animals. And of course, is #3 a good choice, in your opinion.

5). You made it to heaven, let's just say everyone did. But, there is no more knowledge of good and evil (G&E). Having our earth knowledge is just hella confusing, so it was wiped, as it would contain so much we can't comprehend anymore because we don't understand G&E anymore. We're naked and stuff like adam and eve before the fruit. What would that actually be like? Would that be so bad?
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
God doesn't lie, God is The Truth. If you believe you see any falsehood in The Truth, what you are truly seeing is a smudge on your lens.

1. Eternity is timeless. Best prepare in this life by practicing thanksgiving and being grateful for what you have. Thank God in every situation. See every experience as a way to draw closer to God. Even trials and hardships are opportunities to draw closer to God. You have this life to prepare yourself for the resurrection and the dread judgement seat of Christ. Be purified in this life, and the hereafter will be a lot better. It is the same light of God's glory that is paradise for the saints, and torment for the wicked. Godliness with contentment is great gain.

2. What makes a human is that a human is made in the image of God. You are not the sin that cakes over that image as dust. Do not identify with your sin anymore than you identify the dust on a portrait. If you are an orthodox Christian, your identity is in Christ, and you as a living icon of Christ must be diligent to keep yourself free of dust in order not to obscure the Christ in you.

After the resurrection and judgement, there is the death of death itself. All as it Truly Is will be revealed. You will know even as you are known.

3. The best way to cope with death is say in your heart, "God, no matter what you do to me, whether you find me worthy of paradise or not, I accept your judgement as righteous and surrender myself to your love.". 

4. Jesus Christ

5. "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
You pray so badly for heaven
Knowing any day might be the day that you die
But maybe life on earth could be heaven
Doesn't just the thought of it make it worth the try?"
-Bo Burnham-

I'm christian and this got me thinking, would God lie about heaven?

I came up with a series of questions here.

Your faith doesn't get stronger if you don't poke at it occasionally.

1). Marriage and boredom in heaven. Surely one would get bored of the same person for all eternity, or get bored of their job. Right? Would be as we are now in heaven?

2). We're here because of sin, right? If we die do our earth memories die with our sin? If that is so, are we even the same entity and is it right to punish an entity that has no memory or connection to their actions on earth?
3). Perhaps God, to let the people who can't handle it, made religion(s) to help certain people (like me probably) cope with death. God would be aware of question 1 and 2, would that make it right to lie or just let us die, maybe there is no word or intervention of god on earth. In the song there is the line "You're not going to heaven, you're just a bad game of Sims". Maybe, there is an all powerful and omniscient God and it decides to not intervene or simply helps up cope so a number of us can move on with our lives.

4). If you were God, how would you approach this problem? You made humans and earth and you have this problem of heaven or burning your own values (#1) or removing a part of humans (#2) so that we are a little more like animals. And of course, is #3 a good choice, in your opinion.

5). You made it to heaven, let's just say everyone did. But, there is no more knowledge of good and evil (G&E). Having our earth knowledge is just hella confusing, so it was wiped, as it would contain so much we can't comprehend anymore because we don't understand G&E anymore. We're naked and stuff like adam and eve before the fruit. What would that actually be like? Would that be so bad?
There are many problems with your understanding of Heaven.
God created earth to be the heaven for humans. He made man master of all living animals. He put the tree of knowledge and the tree of life in Adams backyard. He created Eve a companion for Adam and told them to go forth and multiply.
The heaven where God lived was in the middle of a rebellion. The Angels were contesting God's leadership.Satan, Lucifer were God's adversaries in heaven.

It was only a matter of time before the problems in God's domain spread to earth. Man was denied access to the tree of life which would have allowed him to live forever. God cursed man from dust he was created to dust he would return.

When the daughters of men multiplied the sons of God desired and violated them proving heaven is full of ugly undesirable beings. God sent a giant flood to destroy all life because the sons of God had so perverted the world. Even God who was a voyeur and loved to look on the naked body of Eve eventually gang raped Mary in Luke with the the help of the Holy Spirit. That is how Jesus the illegitimate Jewish bastard was conceived.

The book of Revelations describe the freaks John saw in heaven and was promised there was going to be a major house cleaning.  Both heaven and earth was going to be replaced in an extreme makeover!!

Harikrish biblical cal scholar and spiritual leader.