king of peace vs prince of peace

Author: Melcharaz

Total: 21
Melcharaz
Debates: 6
Melcharaz
melchisedec, King of salem, priest of the most high God, blesser of Abraham and has no beginning of days, foundation of the priesthood of Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 9:6
“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name SHALL BE called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

Hebrews 7:1-10
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils. 5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham: 6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises. 7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better. 8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth. 9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham. 10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.

hebrews 7:14-17
14 For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood. 15 And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest, 16 Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
17 For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

So was christ first melchisedec? will he be melchisedec?  Etc,       

DISCUSSION IS ENCOURAGED, DEBATE IS NOT.
2 Timothy 2:24-25
24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
-->
@Melcharaz
I would say that Christ was Melchisedec, is Melchisedec, and will forever be Melchisedec. The Eternal Melchisedec.

Harikrish
Debates: 0
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
I would say that Christ was Melchisedec, is Melchisedec, and will forever be Melchisedec. The Eternal Melchisedec.

What do you base your answer on?

isaiah promised Ahaz God would send him a sigh to reassure him against his enemies.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.

But Ahaz never received the sign. Jesus appeared 735 years later. And Jesus was not called Immanuel. Another prophecy failed.

The generation of Isaiah and Ahaz did not see that prophecy fulfilled.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
The teachings of the church, which certainly have more authority than someone who only studies with the intent to refute.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac

--> @Mopac
I would say that Christ was Melchisedec, is Melchisedec, and will forever be Melchisedec. The Eternal Melchisedec.

What do you base your answer on?

isaiah promised Ahaz God would send him a sigh to reassure him against his enemies.

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.

But Ahaz never received the sign. Jesus appeared 735 years later. And Jesus was not called Immanuel. Another prophecy failed.

The generation of Isaiah and Ahaz did not see that prophecy fulfilled.

Mopac

The teachings of the church, which certainly have more authority than someone who only studies with the intent to refute.
So your Orthodiox Church does not teach from scriptures but from pre-scripted text not based on the Bible. You are admitting you are scripturally ignorant which is the Orthodox Church's  objectives.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
No, I don't respect your self declaration. You are obviously a liar.
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
this is turning adversarial, i encourage discussion. not debate.  
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
No, I don't respect your self declaration. You are obviously a liar.

The scriptures don't lie.

Isaiah promised Ahaz God would send him a sign to reassure him against his enemies.
Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and she will call Him Immanuel. 

But Ahaz never received the sign. Jesus appeared 735 years later. And jesus was not called Immanuel. Another prophecy fail.
The generation of Usaiah and Ahaz did not see that prophecy fulfilled.

So the Orthodix Church does not teach from scriptures but from pre-scripted texts not based on the Bible. You are admitting you are scripturally ignorant. 
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Melcharaz
This is turning adversarial, I encourage discussion, not debate.

If one cannot defend ones theological  position with scriptures then all they have is Indoctrination.

The  Bible is the sacred book of the Jews. It was written by Jews for Jews. But the Gentiles stole judaism from the Jews and displaced it with the Roman Catholic Church or variations of the Roman Catholic Church or 30,000 denominations  of Christian churches.

Where is a Rabbi when you need one?!!
Melcharaz
Melcharaz
if you cannot discuss then turn away. you lose nothing by not responding to accusation or trolling.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Melcharaz
Note that Melchizidec doles out the bread and wine.

Kinda like the eucharist, eh?

The Church has long recognized Melchizidec as a type or prefiguring of Christ.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac

How arrogant and rude. What is the point of any study if not to refute, disprove and debunk or prove it to be correct,  honest and factual with evidence based facts and not faith alone.?
Why shouldn't anyone study a subject to prove it incorrect?  Or is religion a taboo subject only to be believed truthful without question, scrutiny or criticism.  You are no better than the muslim who won't have bad word said about the Quran, Muhammad or Allah.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
It is better for a child to listen to their parents than to fight and question everything they say.

The outward form of our faith is practically intended to confound the so called wise, because ours is a faith of revelation. It is impossible to come to know Christ without the humility to say, "I don't really know", the charity to truly listen and learn, and the faith to put what you are told into practice.

In order to come to God, you must by your own free will direct yourself toward Him. Christ is at the door knocking, and it is your decision to get up, open the. door, and even let Him dwell within you.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Mopac
So let's stick to the subject matter and not your blind faith. there has been far too much derailing threads with your beliefs without evidence.  Go back to the first post and  learn what the thread is about before you start preaching anything other than the subject matter Or leave the thread. These so called "gods " were human.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Stephen
A human being did not create all of existence. A human being does not sustain all of existence. You accuse us of believing what we do not.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Melcharaz
if you cannot discuss then turn away. you lose nothing by not responding to accusation or trolling.

If the Jews recognized Melchisedec from Isaiah description. Why did they fail to recognize Jesus?
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
It is better fir a child to listen to their parents than to fight and question everything they say.

The outward form of our faith is practically intended to confound the so called wise, because ours is a faith of revelation. It is impossible to come to know Christ without the humility to say, "I don't really know", the charity to truly listen and learn, and the faith to put what you are told into practice.

In order to come to God, you must by your own free will direct yourself toward Him. Christ is at the door knocking, and it is your decision to get up, open the. door, and even let Him dwell within you.

Jesus was crucified for  his blasphemous lies and lunacy. His family tried to keep Jesus from revealing his mental illness.
Mark 3:21 When his family[b] heard about this, they went to take charge of him, for they said, “He is out of his mind.”

But Jesus ignored them and even denied them in public.

Mark 3:31 Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. 32 A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.”

33 “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked.

34 Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! 35 Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Please keep your errors to one topic so that they do not have to be refuted.more than once.
Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
P,ease keep your errors to one topic so that they do not have to be refuted more than once.
Jesus lied to his generation. But his lies were passed on to succeeding generations. I am exposing  his lies across multiple generations and denominations of Christians.

Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Harikrish
Nobody is ever converted through polemics. Especially not bad polemics. You would be better off placing your confidence in what you really know rather than what you think you know. If you want to talk about my faith, it should be with the humility to say, "I don't know", and the charity to listen and learn. If you are really secure, perhaps it would be better to talk about your faith. If you won't listen to me when I explain my faith, then I will listen to you when you explain your faith.

Harikrish
Harikrish
-->
@Mopac
Nobody is ever converted through polemics. Especially not bad polemics. You would be better off placing your confidence in what you really know rather than what you think you know. If you want to talk about my faith, it should be with the humility to say, "I don't know", and the charity to listen and learn. If you are really secure, perhaps it would be better to talk about your faith. If you won't listen to me when I explain my faith, then I will listen to you when you explain your faith.

That is not true. Jesus was rejected by the Jews and crucified by the Romans for his blasphemous lies and lunacy.

Jesus was mocked beaten, despised and held in low esteem. But 2 billion Christians find that appealing in a Jew who was put to death for their sins. Jews are generally very successful and will sacrifice nothing for anybody. When animal sacrifice got rxpensive they even stopped sacrificing for their own sins.