---MCU Heroes Mafia: DP 5---

Author: Speedrace

Total: 28
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Graveyard

GreyParrot: You are Aunt May, one of the people that always encourages Spiderman through hard times. Therefore, you are a Motivator! However, this role operates a little differently than frequently described. Each night, you can choose one player to give an extra vote. That player, and only that player, will know that they have an extra vote (except for you of course). Their extra vote will be revealed to everyone else after the DP ends. You win with town.

Supa: You are Nick Fury, known for your ability to escape out of almost any tricky situation. Therefore, you are an Ascetic! No negative night actions except for kills for work on you. You win with mafia.

Oromagi: You are Tony Stark, known around the world for your genius-level intellect. As such, you are an Inventor. Every night, you may choose to make a gadget from the list below and give it to another player, and they may use it the next night instead of any night action they may already have. The gadgets, however, can be used by both mafia and town. You cannot give gadgets to yourself. You can only make each gadget once. If the player chooses to use their night action instead of the gadget, the gadget will expire and become unusable. You win with town.

Lie detector: This gadget allows the user to take any forum post and ask the mod (me) whether what was said was true or not.

Remote Taser: This gadget can be used to stop the night action of the targeted player (1x roleblocker).

Tonic: This gadget can be used to protect any player (1x doctor).

ILikePie5: You're Stan Lee, famous not just for your writing, but also for your cameos! As a result, you are a Mailman. Up to five times a night, you are allowed to tell me to send a message to anyone. The message can say anything you want, and they will not know it was you who sent it (unless you say that in the message). The only thing you may not do is pretend to be me (as well as anything else I deem to be inappropriate). Note, the messages will be sent BY ME. You give them to me, and then I will send them to whatever player you want. You are not allowed to message other players yourself. You win with town.

Wylted: You are Thor, the God of Thunder and the only person who survived Hulk in the arena. As such, you are a 1x silencing Gladiator! During the night, you may message me to choose one player to CHALLENGE. Then, during the following DP, votes may only be cast for you or the other player. VTNLing will not be an option, and if no votes are cast, one of you will be randomly selected to be lynched. ALSO, once you CHALLENGE someone, you and that person will not be able to talk in the DP until the next one. You win with town.

Cogent_Cognizer: You are Doctor Strange, Master of the Mystic Arts and keeper of the time stone. Because of this, you are a governor (1x). During twilight (the brief period in-between the last vote and me posting the final vote count), you may message the mod (me) and reverse the effects of the lynch. Please be sure to be timely so the twilight isn't unnecessarily long. You win with the mafia.

LIVING PLAYERS

1. Drafterman
  2. Ragnar
  3. WaterPhoenix
  4. Mharman
  5. A-R-O-S-E

The DP ends at 9:32 PM, EST, October 12.

3 votes are required to lynch.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
@Barney
@Mharman
@WaterPhoenix
@A-R-O-S-E
 Ha
Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Speedrace
That was fast!
Speedrace
Speedrace
Lol
Barney
Barney
At this point I’m confused as hell. Tell me who to use my vigilante ability on, and if between that and the lynch we haven’t nailed the scum, I’ll cast the first vote to lynch myself tomorrow.
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Barney
Who'd you vig last night?
Barney
Barney
-->
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
I only get that on odd nights. And hate to say it, but with Arose and Drafter vouching for each other, me having lie detected Mharman...

VTL Water
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@Barney
Huh? You do know I watched you visit GreyParrot right? And now he's dead and you're saying you didn't do it? Jesus christ that was a risky lie by you, eh you've outed yourself now.

VTL Ragnar
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
GreyParrot - Legit role verified
WaterPhoenix - Legit role verified
Mharman - Legit role verified

Drafterman - Role threatened and didn't back out at all (maybe it's part of a strat with his BP, cuz can't kill in one turn)

Ragnar <--
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
WaterPhoenix - Legit role verified
Mharman - Legit role verified

Drafterman - Role threatened and didn't back out at all (maybe it's part of a strat with his BP, cuz can't kill in one turn)

Ragnar <--

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
As I trust Water, having verified him myself, VTL Ragnar
Barney
Barney
Were his information legit, he would have come out and said it first thing. Doubly so given that my role can only visit on odd nights. Instead he invented it after I voted to lynch him. This seals matters pretty clearly.

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
Mharman
WaterPhoenix
A-R-O-S-E

Drafterman
Ragnar <-- win

If Rag is a a good boi though:
Mharman
WaterPhoenix
Drafterman <-- win

If ragnar and draft are good bois, wtf?
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
It’s possible there are still 2 mafia left. I’m going to bed but want to crunch some numbers before we Lynch.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Barney
Wait, lie detected Mhar?
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@drafterman
If there's 2 maf we screwed man, unless it's draft and rag. We can either have 2 mafia or 1 mafia and a mislynch, but not a mislynch and 2 mafia
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@drafterman
Drafter, Ragnar said Mhar wasn't lie detector verified

Also, I hid behind grey and didn't die, either we are both town or we're both mafia.
Barney
Barney
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Yeah. Oro gave me that gadget, I used it when Mharman made a concise town statement when they were otherwise in danger of being lynched.(typing from my phone, so not looking up all the links)

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
"Sadly no one. The person I am most suspicious of is a paranoid gun owner (would that be murder suicide, or how does that play out?). And my previous absolute certainty turned out to be bust (Wylted... his over the top insults at Cog.)"

^^ Ragnar's 300 iq play

If 2 die in the NP he can just say vig
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Barney
That was last night?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Barney
@WaterPhoenix
@A-R-O-S-E
Ragnar claims to have lie detected as being a truth teller. The conclusion we can draw from this is that Ragnar can't be Town while Mharman is also Scum. Unfortunately, Grey died and he was part of my analysis.

He made me double voter. I'm going to bed for realz and will be back in about 8 hours to end this.

Ragnar and water are basically cross voting and I can lynch either at this point, so I look forward to your very best cases/defenses against each other tomorrow morning.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@drafterman
@Barney
"Mhar was verified by the lie detector."
-drafterman-

"me having lie detected Mharman..."
-Ragnar-

So, when was the lie detector used? One of you is lying or hella misinformed. And at this point, you can't afford to be hella misinformed. So lying or misinformed you need to be lynched.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@drafterman
I verified water with my role myself bro
Barney
Barney
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
A couple days ago DP2. Err, I guess three days ago.
https://www.debateart.com/forum/topics/2808/post_links/118022

Barney
Barney
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
 Ragnar said Mhar wasn't lie detector verified
When did I say that? I’ve said quite the opposite for three days now.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Wall-O-Text incoming.

Okay, mechanically there can be 1-2 mafia. Looking simply at numbers, there are 4 possibilities for 1 Mafia (one for each player), and 6 possibilities for 2 Mafia.

Adding some logic we can narrow things down.

1. Mharman can't be Mafia while Ragnar is Town. If Mharman was scum, then the lie detector would have failed, but if Ragnar was Town he wouldn't have lied about it. That eliminates 3 total possibilities.

2. Ragnar and Water can't both be Town, as they are CCing each other via Night actions. That eliminates one more option.

Of the remaining 6 options, Mharman is Mafia in one of them, AROSE Mafia in 2, Water Mafia in 3, and Ragnar Mafia in 4.

Those are the certainties, or at least near enough to be certain.

Here are some less certain considerations:

3. If there was one Mafia, water coming out with this gambit would be suicide. We lynch Ragnar, he kills Mharman, then me and AROSE lynch him tomorrow. It'd be auto win for town. So if there is only one mafia, it's Ragnar.

4. If there are two Mafia, then it is LYLO and it seems unlikely that they would perform a bus at this juncture. Maybe they thought that a bus was necessary, given that me, AROSE, and Mharman are various levels of "confirmed" but a bus only delays the inevitable: they'd have to push a lynch on one of us. So we can discount both Ragnar and Water being mafia.

This eliminates two more options, leaving 4. In 3 of those Ragnar is mafia. In 2 of those AROSE is mafia. Water and Mharman are mafia in 1 each.

Now, let's go deeper.

5. If water is scum, he has a partner (since one mafia means Ragnar is scum per #3). If he has a partner, it's either AROSE or Mharman. DP2 really makes this odd as that means both mafia tried to come up with a fake mislynch against someone (water v ragnar; Mharman v me). Also, water watching AROSE (which Ragnar confirms). Mafia either tried to kill me or AROSE that night. If they tried to kill AROSE, why watch him (unless a deliberate gambit to try and pin the NK on someone else that visited him). But if that was the play, why would Mharman come out against me and split the vote? If they tried to kill me, and were planning on mislynching me with Mharman, why would water consider Ragnar as having tried to kill AROSE?

Ultimately I don't think it works out with water being scum. I agree this last point is the weakest, but all along Ragnar is coming out on top in being scum.

VTL Ragnar
Speedrace
Speedrace
Final Vote Count

Ragnar: Water, A-R-O-S-E, Drafter

Drafter's vote counts twice! Ragnar was lynched! He was...guilty! Endgame will be up in a few minutes.
drafterman
drafterman
wew lad