---MCU Heroes Mafia: Endgame---

Author: Speedrace

Total: 126
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Endgame

MAFIA:

Ragnar: You are Hawkeye, known fornever missing a shot. Therefore, you are a mafia odd-night Strongman. You havethe power to kill any player you choose on odd-nights, and no role can stopyou. You are not a separate kill, but can rather carry out the night kill onodd-nights. You win with mafia.

Cogent_Cognizer: You are DoctorStrange, Master of the Mystic Arts and keeper of the time stone. Because ofthis, you are a governor (1x). During twilight (the brief period in-between thelast vote and me posting the final vote count), you may message the mod (me)and reverse the effects of the lynch. Please be sure to be timely do theytwilight isn't unnecessarily long. You win with the mafia.

SupaDudz: You are Nick Fury, knownfor your ability to escape out of almost any tricky situation. Therefore, youare an Ascetic! No negative night actions except for kills for work on you. Youwin with mafia.

TOWN:

Mharman: You are Mantis, known forseeing people's emotions, but also for weakening them by putting them to sleep,although your ability is not that powerful. As such, you are a 50% Roleblocker.Every night, you can choose to block the role of some body, but whether itworks or not will be determined by a randomizer. There is a 50% chance it willand a 50% chance it won't. Your role works on both passive and active roles.You win with town.

Drafter: You are Hulk, known notonly for your strength, but for your impenetrable skin. Therefore, you are abulletproof. You are protected from all shot-based night kills. You win withtown.

Oromagi: You are Tony Stark, knownaround the world for your genius-level intellect. As such, you are an Inventor.Every night, you may choose to make a gadget from the list below and give it toanother player, and they may use it the next night instead of any night actionthey may already have. The gadgets, however, can be used by both mafia andtown. You cannot give gadgets to yourself. You can only make each gadget once.If the player chooses to use their night action instead of the gadget, thegadget will expire and become unusable. You win with town.

Lie detector: This gadget allows theuser to take any forum post and ask the mod (me) whether what was said was trueor not.

Remote Taser: This gadget can beused to stop the night action of the targeted player (1x roleblocker).

Tonic: This gadget can be used toprotect any player (1x doctor).

WaterPhoenix: You are Heimdall,guardian of all the realms and seer of everything. As such, you are a Watcher.Each night, you may choose one player to watch, and you will see who targetedthat player, if any. However, you will not know what action was performed. Youwin with town.

Wylted: You are Thor, the God ofThunder and the only person who survived Hulk in the arena. As such, you are a1x silencing Gladiator! During the night, you may message me to choose oneplayer to CHALLENGE. Then, during the following DP, votes may only be cast foryou or the other player. VTNLing will not be an option, and if no votes arecast, one of you will be randomly selected to be lynched. ALSO, once youCHALLENGE someone, you and that person will not be able to talk in the DP untilthe next one. You win with town.

GreyParrot: You are Aunt May, one ofthe people that always encourages Spiderman through hard times. Therefore, youare a Motivator! However, this role operates a little differently thanfrequently described. Each night, you can choose one player to give an extravote. That player, and only that player, will know that they have an extra vote(except for you of course). Their extra vote will be revealed to everyone elseafter the DP ends. You win with town.

ILikePie5: You are Stan Lee, famousnot just for your writing, but also for your cameos! As a result, you are aMailman. Up to five times a night, you are allowed to tell me to send a messageto anyone. The message can say anything you want, and they will not know it wasyou who sent it (unless you say that in the message). The only thing you maynot do is pretend to be me (as well as anything else I deem to beinappropriate). Note, the messages will be sent BY ME. You give them to me, andthen I will send them to whatever player you want. You are not allowed tomessage other players yourself. You win with town.

A-R-O-S-E: You are The Wasp, capableof shrinking to the tiniest of heights. Therefore, you are a weak Hider! Eachnight, you may choose to hide behind a certain player, and no night actionswill work on you. However, if that player is killed, you will be killed aswell. Also, if the player that you choose is mafia, you will instantly die. Youwin with town.

warren42: You are Scarlet Witch,known not only for moving objects with your mind, but for revealing visions andhallucinations to people. Therefore, you are the Oracle! Every night, you canreveal one player’s character role to another player. This simply tells theCHARACTER, not the alignment or the actual role the player has (e.g. player Xis Thanos). However, you will not know the character role of the first playeryourself. The player that you tell will not know that it was you who told them.You win with town.

Format: Tell X player Y player’srole.
Speedrace
Speedrace
NP Actions

NP1

Ragnar: NK A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E: Hide behind Grey
warren42: Send Grey's character toPie
GreyParrot: Give Ragnar a vote
WaterPhoenix: Watch A-R-O-S-E
Mharman: Roleblock Drafter
Oromagi: Give lie detector to Ragnar
Pie: Send messages to Ragnar, Supa,Warren, Grey, Drafter

NP2

Supa: NK Pie
A-R-O-S-E: Hide behind Water
warren42: Send Pie's character toSupa
GreyParrot: Give Drafter a vote
WaterPhoenix: Watch Grey
Mharman: Roleblock Supa
Oromagi: Give tonic to Grey
Pie: Send messages to Ragnar, Supa,Warren, Grey, Drafter

NP3

Supa: NK Pie
GreyParrot: Used tonic on himself
WaterPhoenix: Watch Mharman
Oromagi: Give taser to Ragnar

NP4

Ragnar: NK Grey
GreyParrot: Give Ragnar a vote
WaterPhoenix: Watch Grey
Mharman: Roleblock Drafter

Player Comments

1. GreyParrot – Good job claiming early, pretty solid player sonothing super noteworthy, except WHY did you trust Supa? That was SO BAD. Also,you should’ve used the tonic on a different player
2. Drafterman – Fantastic play and solid arguments, approachedeverything logically, only confused as to why you voted for warren even thoughSupa never explained his gambit at all, also you should've voted for Ragnar waaaaaaaaaaaay earlier
3. Ragnar – AMAZING as mafia, literally no one guessed you asmafia when I asked people, fantastic play
4. ILikePie5 – Very strange method of playing lol but not bad,the messages sent helped in a strange kind of manner as well lol
5. WaterPhoenix – Picked a lot of the right people, althoughclaiming early on may have been a bad move
6. Mharman – Need more activity, and don’t roleblock the sameperson twice!! Also, why would you role block a claimed bulletproof?
7. warren42 – Great play, amazing logic with arguments AND withrevealing to Supa to expose him
8. oromagi – As usual a great player, nothing notworthy but did great
9. CogentCognizer – Why did you claim Iron Man? The game was specificallymade to allow people to claim their own characters.
10. SupaDudz – You chose NOT to use Cog’s power, which was just straightignorant. However, that CRAZY GAMBIT with warren was weirdly amazing, although itmade no sense. However, otherwise, you were pretty obvious as mafia.
11. A-R-O-S-E – EXCELLENT use of weak hider as a sort of cop, playedwell in that regard, the encryption stuff was a bit much and it was a little obviousthat no one was actually gonna try to decipher it
12. Wylted – Claiming early was a good move on account of lackof activity

Alignment Comments

Mafia: Overall did not do bad, but you should’ve used Cog’spower. Like seriously, it’s a whole extra NP for another NK! That was ahumongous waste. Otherwise, please ALWAYS SHOOT THE POWERFUL ROLES. Water should’vedied WAYYYYYY earlier. Had he been shot, you wouldn’t have had him snitching onRagnar and mafia might have won.

Town: Why did you lynch Wylted, and why did you lynch warren?Warren was so town it hurt. Otherwise just meh play. Nothing spectacular.

ON THE THEME

This game was specifically made to encourage claiming your truecharacter. I really think this helped mafia to blend in but was not used to it’sfullest extent *cough* COGENT *cough*. Otherwise, I also think more analysiscould’ve been put on each character to match up powers and character roles. Otherwise,I had no problem with this.

ON THE BALANCE

Firstly, I didn’t realize just how powerful a specifically WEAKhider was. Had I known its cop capabilities I wouldn’t have included it. I don’tthink it was especially broken or anything, but that definitely wasn’t ideal.

Also, bulletproof AND hider might’ve been slightly broken, but notspectacularly so. Trying to make the hider weak was supposed make it hopefullydie earlier, but that didn’t turn out right.

Otherwise, I feel as if all the roles worked well together anddidn’t significantly favor neither mafia nor town.

ON THE GAME

Thank you all for being so active!! It was a great game overall,despite some hiccups. There were quite a few surprises, but for the most partit went very well.

MVPS

Mafia MVP: Ragnar
Town MVP: warren42
Game MVP: Ragnar

Thank you to everyone for playing!

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
@Barney
@warren42
@oromagi
@A-R-O-S-E
Thank you for playing!
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
@Vader
@Mharman
@WaterPhoenix
@Cogent_Cognizer
Thank you for playing!
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Wylted
@ILikePie5
Thank you for playing!
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Supa was confirmed scum and you guys were retarded for not lynching him dp3
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@Cogent_Cognizer
Damn fine job

Cog, you just got land mined round one and that's okay.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
Hulk does not have impenetrable skin. See my comment about an adamantium condom on dp2. Get your shit together 
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Speedrace
NP 3 and 4 didn't hide
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Wylted
I read that a long time ago and I laughed lol

So who was I supposed to use? Captain America? But the adamantium comment applies to him too so 😐
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Fixed thanks
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Yeah, I'll take the hit on the warren lynch. I'll contend that if you reread that DP, you'll see I wasn't really sold on it. The deciding factor for me was Grey's certainty (which he's owned up to as well). As Town, we did fumble that one.

To be fair, I could have spent a very long time hounding Supa about this stupid gambit, but I've seen his kinds of responses ("that's my town play!") far too often and it really didn't seem like anyone else was willing to back me up against Supa. Ironically, he was right: the death of a town narrows down who is mafia. At the very least, we know now that Supa also pulls dumb gambits when he is mafia, too. So "it's my town play!" won't work again.

Wylted was just unfortunate, though a but of OMGUS on my part. He was low key sus'ing me since day one because of the Thor/Hulk rivalry (despite there being no theme cut among Town/Mafia) and he wasn't letting go the whole thing about my subbing back in. Even though a mislynch, I think it was still in Town's best interest, as it was just causing a distraction.

What I find really bizarre is Ragnar not using his power on me NP3. They had every reason to believe AROSE would be hiding behind me, so it would have been two kills for the price of one. Killing Pie was completely sub-optimal.

Feedback for the mod:

You need to be less frivolous with the mod killing and replacements. Once you make a decision like that, you need to stand by it. If you have requirements for participation and a player doesn't meet them: kick them out of the game. Period. The requirement was activity, not existence. Just because they pop back online doesn't mean they're going to be active. And you certainly don't request and accept replacements with the intention of kicking them back out the second the original player comes online; at least not without telling that replacement.

And, I don't think I need to stress why you can't swap living players, regardless of alignment. Only the players of dead Town characters can replace back in, and only if they don't have any secret knowledge (such as role reports and such).

Also - and this is a bit of a nit pick - when you replace someone, you aren't "modkilling" them. You are replacing them. Mod-killing means to kill that character and put them in the graveyard.

Otherwise I thought this was a very enjoyable game. I liked the different roles.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Wylted
Adamantium doesn't exist in the MCU, as I said before.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
doesn't @ me

Thanks though yeah I messed up there

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
 Yes it does, Thanos' sword is very likely made of it

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
 And yesssss when they said to kill pie I was like ARE YOU CRAZY but if course I couldn't say that lol
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Adamantium doesn't canonically exist in the MCU. Due to the licensing division of the Marvel universe, different characters and concepts are isolated from each other. This is why it requires an agreement from Sony for Disney to use Spider-Man. Now, I don't know if adamantium is one of those things that are bound by licensing, but it is clear that production companies have made some thematic decisions, to wit:

Mutants and Adamantium are bound with the X-Men universe previously owned by Fox.

The MCU instead does not have "mutants" and the material of choice is Vibranium, not Adamantium. Neither the word "mutant" nor "adamantium" appears in any MCU script or material.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
 No, I know all of that lol, my point is that Thanos' sword broke Captain America's shield, so it is very likely therefore made of Adamantium, I know Wolverine's claws and stuff don't count
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@drafterman
I didn't watch the black panther movie, I assumed they touched on it, guess not. 
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Wylted
It's vibranium all the way down.

Not that roles on an internet mafia game are supposed to be literal interpretations of anything.
Wylted
Wylted
Honestly think I am done with super hero movies that have nothing to do with batman or spiderman. The last 2 avenger movies disappointed me, despite fanboys doing their fanboy shit and just blindly being pleased with whatever is released without critical thought
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Barney
@Vader
@Cogent_Cognizer
Also, I said to give up the second I joined the game. Tsk.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Thoughts:

Obviously used mid psych way too much on drafter. Still surprised speed sent him a scum PM without his teammates’ names though.

Was obviously wrong on GP too. I should’ve been more open to this, since it’s speed’s first time, and having a role PM that’s not 100% clear is to be expected.

How did you guys lynch me over Supa?

GG in the end. Despite the bad lynches on me and Wylted you guys pulled it out, so I guess I shouldn’t complain!
Wylted
Wylted
For the record, I was just trying to get a solid read on drafter by tunneling. I often do that and once a solid read is attained, I move onto the next person. I won't criticize myself as a lynch choice, ragnar had 2 votes on it, so it was too late to change course onto super, and I was not proving my role, even if I could have used it in the DP, I wouldn't have because I did not have a solid read on drafter. In fact when the bandwagon started to form on him, I thought about removing my vote,but did not want anyone to know, I was being less than sincere with my words.
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
-->
@Wylted
Yeah. I think the last two were good but think they’re only as good as their villains for the most part. At the very least you need the hero to be complex in some capacity. I’d suggest Black Panther because it’s unusual (in my opinion) in that the villain is really compelling as a character.
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@warren42
Been meaning to watch it, especially after hearing it kinda pushes nationalism a bit . I guess liberal audiences ignore its positive portrayal of nationalism because it is promoted by the Africans in the film, but I like the  fact there is a film that portrays it in that way, in pop culture
Wylted
Wylted
The villain should be compelling as a character. In fact it should be hard to tell they are even a villain just like in the real world
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@warren42
He's racist so he won't care, Black Panther was AMAZING THOUGH

I sent discord links, it didn't really occur to me to include a list of teammates lol, if the PM was on here then I would've done that but it wasn't necessary so 🤷🏾‍♂️

And I said in Grey's role that it works a little differently than usual, so I'm not sure why he didn't just say that but yeah
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
GG. I should be directly frank, that the visits/ non visits were not clear enough in this game. If I would have been more delayed instead of jumping to conclusions, I could have pulled this off. After that I tried to direct as much attention on me as possible to try to keep Ragnar hidden and secretly kill people while I fired up town. It worked for a bit, but the plan failed. Too bad Speed did not tell me in time that Pie's visit =/= as an visit. Had to BS that.

I think there were places we went wrong. I told Ragnar to go for Water, but no one listened. Other than that. Rag was a good teammate. Listen to advice. Please working

How the fuck did my gambits play out, i dont fucking know

I do take gambits as town too... that's my town play. But I was lowkey town read by most until I claimed
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
The funny thing about the racism stuff (and I don't mind honestly) is that I have done more for the black community than anybody on here, and will continue to do so as I help people in foster care through charitable contributions and hopefully soon by forming my own non profit which I have been working on. I also could be dropped off into the middle of Ameruca's worst black neighborhood and make it out fine and make a few friends while I am there, and practically all of you would be dead or ran off after about a week. Not to shame anybody,but what I actually care about is making the world a better place, not appearing to make the world a better place. I am around African American's,  I can call them nigger, talk about their mothers and still they will hug me when I am sad. The reason is because I am the real deal, not some phony liberal who looks down upon them, thinking the black community needs a savior. Studies show liberals are more likely to treat African Americans different than they do whites, so when I act is if I know you won't fit in and make it, it isn't only personal experience from seeing it. It is studies on the subject.