Virtuoso has lost value over time, Bsh1 is stepping up to the plate.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 18
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
It must be said that Virtuoso is rapidly losing his value as a mod on this website. Ramshutu is doing his work in the voting section (in a biased and corrupt manner but still more than what Virtuoso is doing) and Bsh1 is delegating less with regards to conflict circumstances on the forums and debate comments.

I have a solution. Virtuoso must fire Ramshutu. Then he can regain his supremacy as the voting moderator so that the 'delegating' doesn't skip over the middleman entirely.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
Virt is really busy. Wouldn't firing a mod just make requests stack up more? Are you looking to fill that spot? ;)
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I would run this site like clockwork if I were given the chance.
AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
@RM
Mods gei

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@RationalMadman
@bsh1
@Ramshutu
@bmdrocks21
I guess RationalMadman could join the moderator team, and maybe dustryder and OurBoatIsRight can join them too since they seem to be suitable for the task, but we can't "fire" anyone just yet.
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
Virt shouldn't fire Ram IMO, both contribute a ton to vote modding. I haven't seen Virt becoming very inactive either, he still addresses a lot of debates. Also, why fire Ram, assuming Virt has been much less active, firing Ram won't sit well with most debaters(including me). This won't necessarily fix the problem either, if Virt is very busy he'll just have more votes to mod. Both are still active enough as well. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
of course it won't sit well with most debaters. Most debaters don't know much about debating so they don't realise what's flawed about how votes are moderated.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
assuming what you stated was accurate, why rattle up these people, whether they can recognize the flawed moderation or not, as you admitted it won't sit well with most debaters. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Trent0405
I have a moderator-enforced 2-way restraining order preventing me of going into specifics for recent examples of what passes vote valid votes here.

I'll sum it up like this:

You can basically say what a person said (like you did to vote against me to billbatard) then ignore entirely what the other side did to destroy them, and justify a vote in any direction that you see fit. It will pass moderation every time, but revenge-voting is a thing (even though it's ruled out to admit it's for revenge) and so it's unwise to do to anyone who isn't weaker than you socially on the website.
Trent0405
Trent0405
-->
@RationalMadman
I don't really want to get into a prolonged argument over this, plus this has gotten very off topic. You seem to be pointing the problems with the moderation as a whole(a problem I don't believe to be real).
David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@RationalMadman
School has been rather tough and so I've fallen a bit behind. I'm sorry for the delay. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@David
School has been rather tough and so I've fallen a bit behind. I'm sorry for the delay. 

Putting real life self-development before moderation of some debate site as a life priority?

FUCK YOU YOU BASTARD!
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Smh, am I right?

I expect 105% devotion to the site in the form of time spent daily
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
So do I from someone given power over other users on it. 
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
Is moderation a paid position
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Let me say clearly that no member of the moderation team is, in my estimation, without value. Additionally, one important reason there is a moderation team is that no one person can be expected to be fully committed to this site 24/7, and no one person will go without IRL priorities drawing them away. We exist as a team to fill gaps where need be and to support each other so that everything which needs to get done gets done without requiring of our moderators that they sacrifice their lives to the site.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Putting real life self-development before moderation of some debate site as a life priority?
+1

David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@crossed
No. All of us are volunteer