Total: 7
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
title
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Got out 2 years ago as of this Halloween.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I knew TUF and maybe someone named michael? Never knew u were tho
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
It isn't something that comes up much. I actually originally joined DDO because I was bored out of my mind during my first deployment in Romania, first time I left was because I came back to the States and the boredom problem was removed, and first time I returned was because my second deployment sent me to the same place.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Big oof

You got internet in romania while deployed? Also, did you get to see cool stuff and visit places?

For some reason I think being deployed is a squad bay with no internet for 5-9 months straight, how accurate is that? I could bring notebook and set up mancala quickly, or maybe even chess if I find varied enough rocks but.... Dang, now that I think of it, I haven't heard or asked anything about being deployed.

I've heard a bunch that until your first deployment you're a boot so I want it ASAP.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
You got internet in romania while deployed?

Yep. Not great connection speeds but all I used it for was to download scientific papers to read in my spare time, DDO, and chess.com so it suited my needs.

Also, did you get to see cool stuff and visit places?

Went out in town to visit some museums and fancy restaurants a few times.

For some reason I think being deployed is a squad bay with no internet for 5-9 months straight, how accurate is that?

Depends heavily on what branch you are in, what your MOS is, what the deployment mission is, and where you are sent. I can only speak firsthand about the living conditions in the several Eastern European countries I was in (primarily Romania) and the specific operations I participated in.

I could bring notebook and set up mancala quickly, or maybe even chess if I find varied enough rocks but.... Dang, now that I think of it, I haven't heard or asked anything about being deployed.

Definitely do ask your leadership. Especially someone who has done the same deployment before, once you know what your first will be.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
USN...bich.