Archived
Read-only
Total: 91
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Hall of Fame I

Voting Stage Rules

Welcome to DART's first official Hall of Fame induction process! This thread is for the second stage of that process, namely, the voting stage. During this stage, users (you) may vote for nominees in three categories (users, threads, debates) for inclusion in the Hall of Fame. The three nominees with the most votes in each category will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Any user will be able to vote for up to three nominees per category for a maximum of 9 votes per voting user. Voters may choose to vote for less than the maximum number if they choose. You may vote for any of the nominees who have advanced out of the nomination stage. The voting process will close at 12:30am, EST, on 10/18/19. Votes cast after the close of the process will not be considered.

When you vote, you are permitted to offer a brief justification for, explanation of, or reason for your vote. Any such justification, explanation, or reason must be confined to the same post in which you made the vote. Please also bold your votes to make them more visible. You may only change one vote per category, and that vote may be changed only once.

Those nominees with the most votes (3 per category) will be inducted into the DART Hall of Fame. In the event of a tie preventing exactly 3 inductions per category, the voting window will be extended for just those nominees who/which are tied. Those inducted will be formally honored with entries in the Hall of Fame thread. Those entries will be posted within 2 months of the voting period closing.

There are no prerequisites or eligibility requirements for users to participate in the Hall of Fame nominating process, except that they have an account on DART and are not voting/nominating from more than one account. Importantly, coordinating votes or launching campaigns for induction are prohibited. Violating these rules will be a moderatable offense. Other violations of the COC (e.g. personal attacks) committed in this thread will be treated severely.

The Nominees

For Users:

For Debates:

For Threads:

Let's Begin!

With all that said, let the voting process begin! If you have questions, feel free to ask. Good luck all the nominees and best wishes on a fantastic Hall of Fame process. This is a wonderful site and community, and there is so much greatness out there to recognize! I look forward to honoring those contributions and users who have made this site what it is!

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
People

RationalMadman- A member on the site that has stirred up the most activity, he is a man that is well deserving of his spot. His controversial spotlights and his overall contribution to the site has made in a member worth putting in the HoF

oromagi- Left winged and a bright individual, oromagi uses literature and terminology to be the leader of the site on debate. Not phased by any challenger of sorts, his strategy and logic based reasoning wins him a lot of debates, and pronounces himself the King of the Hill as of now

Virtuoso- Virtuoso hangs out behind bsh, but is equally a valued and chill member of the community. With his great presence on discord, his charming personality, and his great artistic talent, he is someone that is very much underappreciated in the community
Vader
Vader
Threads

RM's Goodbye- A strong that despite the differences in the opinions, we all unite with each other

HOF Upcoming- Proof that the community can band together as well to discuss the events of bsh's testicles, TEST TESTICLE FOR LIFE

RM Profile Pic Vending Machine- I vote this because at the time, it was a war between me and RM on who was the better PFP maker, with RM doing quality edits, while I just made memes.
Trent0405
Debates: 33
Trent0405
Users----------

Ramshutu-Already justified the decision previously.

Rational Madman-Already justified the decision previously.

Oromagi-Oro has claimed the #1 spot on the debating leaderboards, an accomplishment only a small sum of users can claim to have achieved. Not only this, but he is undefeated after a staggering 41 debates. He opts to debate risky fringe topics regularly as well, diversifying intellectual exchanges that take place on Debate Art.  His contributions to the sites through voting should not be ignored. Well over 100 votes is nothing to sneeze at, he maintains a proficient vote quality as well. He conducts himself well and acts as a solid role model and representative of the website. As a result, Oro is one of the few users to earn my vote.

Threads----------

Title-Goodbye

Title-Hall of Fame Upcoming

Title-Minimum Wage

Debates----------

Title-Firing Squad is the best Form of Capital Punishment

Title-This House as Israel would end Compulsory Military Service 

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi

RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Threads
Goodbye

I will think on the other 2 categories, especially as it appears people are voting for people they didn't before and vice versa.

A definite debate vote will be this: Firing Squad is the best form of capital punishment

I cannot come up with which 2 others I specifically want as I do not want to waste a single vote here and while I do vote with my heart, I also vote with my head in that I want my vote to end up influencing who wins or not.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@bsh1
Please make a notification for everyone again, many 'noobies' or 'casuals' voted in the last one purely due to that site-wide notification for the thread.
bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 2
Ram - 2
Virt - 2
Oro - 2
Supa - 0
Mike - 1

Debates

Firing Squad - 3
Jury Nullification - 1
Israeli Conscription - 1
Fetuses for USD - 1
Animal Experiment - 0
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 3
HOF Upcoming - 2
Vending Machine - 4
HOF Nominations - 0
Minimum Wage - 3
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I have now essentially played out every scenario of this in my head and bear in mind that I can change my vote later, one per category, so this is my vote for users and debates:

Users
RationalMadman
Virtuoso
Ramshutu

AvoidDeath
Debates: 11
AvoidDeath
-->
@bsh1
Users
RM
oromagi
Virtuoso

Threads
Goodbye
HOF Upcoming

Debates
Firing squad
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
For Users:

Ramshutu: Remember him from that one time followed by many others he stepped into the politics forum. Gave me a sanity check that I wasn't the only one to see Greyparrot's conspiracy theories as what they are. I think TheDriedPriateRoberts was also involved. Wouldn't be surprising.

Virtuoso: Cool guy. Is more active on the site than I think any other moderator.

Don't have a third pick for users. If I understood orogami's profile whatever it was then he would've got it for being frequent and assuming it would be worthwhile to read.  

For Debates:

I only know about 2 of the debates before clicking on them right now. I can't vote on either.

For Threads:

Goodbye: Mainly because people believed him and he got 31 likes on his forum post.

Minimum wage: Found it funny with what Alec proposed. 

Don't have a third yet again.

bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 4
Ram - 3
Virt - 5
Oro - 4
Supa - 0
Mike - 1

Debates

Firing Squad - 4
Jury Nullification - 2
Israeli Conscription - 1
Fetuses for USD - 2
Animal Experiment - 0
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 5
HOF Upcoming - 3
Vending Machine - 4
HOF Nominations - 0
Minimum Wage - 4

bsh1
bsh1
I will now cast my votes. I want to say though that all the nominees are wonderful and deserving. Congrats to you all.

Users

RM
Ram
Mike

Debates

Firing Squad
Jury Nullification
Israeli Conscription

Threads

HOF Upcoming
HOF Nominations
Vending Machine
David
Debates: 91
David
I will now cast my votes. 

Users

RM
Mike
Ramshuut

Debates

Firing squad
Jury Nullification
Animal Experimentation

Threads

Goodbye
Vending Machine
HOF Upcoming 

Thank you to everyone who has nominated me and voted for me. It is truly an honor and privilege to serve this community. 
bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 6
Ram - 5
Virt - 5
Oro - 4
Supa - 0
Mike - 3

Debates

Firing Squad - 6
Jury Nullification - 4
Israeli Conscription - 2
Fetuses for USD - 2
Animal Experiment - 1
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 6
HOF Upcoming - 5
Vending Machine - 6
HOF Nominations - 1
Minimum Wage - 4

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
People

RM
Ramshustu
DebateArt.com(Mike)

Debates

Firing Squad
Jury Nullification

Threads

Goodbye
Minimum Wage

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@bsh1
The site-wide notification linked to the nomination thread.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Supa - 0

WTF is this?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
Votes:

Users - Supa

Debates - Fetuses vs USD

Threads - HOF upcoming and HOF nomination

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Oh well...they'll figure it out. I don't want to spam people with notifications.
bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 7
Ram - 6
Virt - 5
Oro - 4
Supa - 1
Mike - 4

Debates

Firing Squad - 7
Jury Nullification - 5
Israeli Conscription - 2
Fetuses for USD - 3
Animal Experiment - 1
Rap Battle - 0

Threads

Goodbye - 7
HOF Upcoming - 6
Vending Machine - 6
HOF Nominations - 2
Minimum Wage - 5

Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Lol thanks habibi

A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
- Users
RM
Su-Papa

- Debates
Rap battle

-Thread
Vending machine
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
Users

Rational Madman

Virtuoso

Oromagi

bsh1
bsh1
Users

RM - 9
Ram - 6
Virt - 6
Oro - 5
Supa - 2
Mike - 4

Debates

Firing Squad - 7
Jury Nullification - 5
Israeli Conscription - 2
Fetuses for USD - 3
Animal Experiment - 1
Rap Battle - 1

Threads

Goodbye - 7
HOF Upcoming - 6
Vending Machine - 7
HOF Nominations - 2
Minimum Wage - 5

LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
People
RationalMadman
Reason
Yes, I know, he's the perfect embodiment of the gamma, as relating to Vox Day's Socio-Sexual Hierarchy (but ideally with my modifications/perception of it). So I know why people don't like him; it's intrinsic.

But he's awesome still, and his awesomeness lives inside of his gammatude.
He's Mad. He's all Man. And he lives to be Rational.
Awesome. He's intrinsically, 100%, a gamma that you'll love or hate, or even feel many ambivalent feelings toward.
You may understand and sympathize with him, his thoughts, and his beliefs, ...or merely see him from some certain practical mindset as someone who himself is irrational.

He believes what he believes, loves rap, and delves into many mad theories of which he believes are only logical, even if many would see them as highly impractical and, of course, unlikely. Many people might relate to much of this, and they might, too, delve a bit or believe similarly to him, but they are likely to at least consider some practical side, one that seemingly contradicts with RM's rational side, or they might even accidentally think in such a practical mindset or with non-nihilistic, empiricistic, and non-skeptical thought processes, yet RationalMadman does not do that; with all he deems irrational and, of course, does not believe in, he nearly seems to refuse to so merely see the world from such a view or even consider it to be a comprehensible viewpoint, --more than most all others. He thinks only one way, his way, the way he sees as only rational.

His mind and thoughts are completely and fully his, even if thought before or unwittingly relating to the environment. He is independent and doesn't openly let his thoughts or actions be affected by others. He retraces all of his thoughts to core truths and believes in nothing he cannot understand. He believes the universe and reality is completely logical, --there is one possibility. He believes his mind could compute anything everything, for something could only exist if he is able to comprehend it. He is always right. Never wrong. If he is so-called "wrong", it's not his own folly, for he (madly, he is) is himself nothing but a user and partaker of logic itself, and anything that he states is rooted in the only-rational logic behind the belief, which is true and logical, and even if the most likely expectation does not come to pass, it was still the most likely expectation.

Now I may be assuming a bit about his belief patterns, but I can tell by his personality that he is at least this type of a person.
And I can, based mostly on his personality, give a lot of evidence for why I think of him as being such a person or thinker or for being a gamma.
One piece of evidence I would like to point out is that he feels somewhat compelled to debate anything and everything and have an inherent, instant view on it all, whether he's experienced in it or not. He's a rationalist, no doubt that he's at least inclined to think that way, and he nearly lets himself think nothing but logic. He seems to think that he ought to be able to figure out the hard-core chances of reality being one way or the other based on only the question and, as a logical premise, whatever (if anything) he does know, and that if he can do that, the evidence and where he ought to look next for it should follow without a surprise; his logic ought to have accounted for such a chance of it, and why ought he expect surprises? He believes he could do anything as well as anyone else could do. He ought to be able to solve any problem.

Also note that I am not philosophizing or anything. I am just trying to convey a characteristic or way of thinking I think may be commonly found within many people to a certain extent.

I find him to be a perfectly good representative for this site. And I spent too long writing this for some reason so even if its dumb I'll see how it goes.

[I am skipping debates; didn't read them all]

Threads
I like the Vending Machine one the best, but I put the other two in just to get the HOFs out of here.

Why are the two HOFs even on here? And DebateArt.com as a user?
If the Hall of Fame's gives you itself, it's a bad hall of fame. And if the Hall of Fame represents the site, and the site's best content is a self post (that's not even that exciting), then it's a bad site. And we all know that's not the case. So why are they even on here?

And DebateArt.com was great to make the site, but he hasn't participated much within the site! He's definitely a special person as the creator, and is recognized for that, but he's not really a user, and shouldn't be in the hall of fame.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@LordLuke
I am not unattractive to women at all, you just don't know me IRL enough to know that.

I am also not irresistible (especially not to dominant women, who I can be very offputting to) and don't fill all the boxes of any type. I am closest to a sigma male overall though.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
Sigmas often share many of the qualities of Alpha males. They are usually self posessed, self sufficient and charismatic. Like Alpha males, Sigmas can be very successful with women – but without having to build up an infrastructure around themselves.

It’s common to split the typology that originally came from zoologist’s studies of primates, which is you have an alpha, a beta and an omega.
The alpha is the king, the leader of the troop, the head lion and everybody else follows him. He lays down the law and the females naturally gravitate towards him because as the leader he is sexually attractive. He is best able of all the males to impose himself onto the world both in accruing scarce resources and in determining how the troop will live.

The main thing you’re going to see on my site and my products is an expression of Sigma Game and mindset. Whereas most pick up theory is telling you to be the alpha male, I tell you what to do if you’re the sigma male. Let’s first explain the difference between sigma and alpha.

Most books are designed to either mimic the behaviours of an alpha male or to transform yourself to actually become him. Now, the problem here is that with a lot of men, this personality doesn’t fit. A lot of men don’t want to be the alpha male, because being the alpha male basically requires you to be extroverted.

It requires you to go into social situations and dominate them. It requires you to achieve dominance over men, which means you have to deal with other men. It requires you to have a static social circle which feeds you.

For example, doing lifestyle game or being the head hippy in a commune, the rock star in a band or CEO of a company, or the VIP table host in the Vegas club. What these all have in common is they are static social environments that you insert yourself into and then dominate until you become the leader. So that has a couple of limitations for some men.

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
I am voting supa and only supa,
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@bsh1
I knew you were a piece of shit faggot. Trying to alter the results and ban people to control who can vote and who we can vote for. Keep acting like a nigger and see how far that gets you in life