Congratulations to the HOF Inductees

Author: bsh1

Total: 21
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
Congratulations to all the nominees in our inaugural Hall of Fame class! They were all deserving, and represent the great talent that is present on this site. Please join me in recognizing their achievement!

Inducted Users
Inducted Threads

Once more, congratulations to all these fabulous inductees! For those who missed the cut, there is always next year, when this process will again take place, allowing us to honor the best and brightest of DART!

bsh1
bsh1
I am currently in the process of gathering write-ups for the inducted users. Once that process is complete, the pinned Hall of Fame thread will be updated with the inductees' particulars. It is my hope that this can all be completed by mid-November at the latest. Hopefully, that will be possible.
MisterChris
Debates: 45
MisterChris
-->
@bsh1
Thanks for your work on this bsh1!
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
nice
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Yes, thank you for hosting this. It was definitely a dramafest worth watching and participating in.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@DebateArt.com
@David
@whiteflame
@bmdrocks21
Congrats

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@bsh1
Thank you for doing this
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
Does Mike have a second account? Because it seems strange to me that his account is on here. His account somewhat represents the site itself, and helps people with it and created it, but doesn't really use it and the site's actual contents.

He might've used it some, maybe, but not much.

If we're going to make a hall of fame for this site, we ought to  only include people who accomplished something or became worthy within and through this site. They used this site to win and become a historical and famous member or user, rather than have created code which happens to be greatly associated with this site.
These people might be people with high numbers of debates or win-to-loss ratios, or people who have proven to be a pretty cool guy within the forum or even debate comments. Stuff like that.

Plus this is a yearly event. It should have new winners and change things up each year, depending on one's contributions and current personality during that year. Not for praising the creator or even a scenario where someone who people wanted to win one year but didn't was voted in the next, even though he became inactive after that first year. That just wouldn't make sense.

Now maybe we could make a special section for the creator, moderators, and other people people like for having made special contributions to this site, but we ought not to place these people in the hall of fame.

And I'm not saying we need to remove Mike--the vote is final, I just find it odd that people seemed to have voted so.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@LordLuke
Personally, I wanted a different third (myself and Virt in), but when held against Ramshutu, based on the vote count at the time and situation I was in and what I felt I should do with slightly enough time for some reactions (but not so much planning), it all led to Mike being the optimal overthrow-vote from Ramshutu for what I wanted to happen.

If anyone on this website who pays attention to how Ramshutu and I interact was shocked or even appaled at what I did to Ramshutu, hit me up on PM or here, I'll fully justify why he deserved it and also explain why I voted him to begin with, planning to overturn the vote later, rather than just vote who I felt deserved it. There is strong reasoning behind it.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@LordLuke
I voted for Mike because the extremely suspicious origin of this site is by far its most interesting aspect. DDO comes under a gigantic spam attack that totally cripples it, and suddenly a PRE MADE Russian lookalike run by a mysterious nobody shows up? 
LordLuke
LordLuke
That reminds me how odd I thought is was this site didn't include a "The Big Issues" section like the old one did. I think it would be very cool for this site to tell you how much you agree/disagree with someone right away. Why doesn't this site have it?
LordLuke
LordLuke
And you know, it doesn't have polls or opinions either. That would be a little bit cool to be back. A little bit at least, I'd imagine.

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
cool
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
Thank you for participating, everyone! Your support was much appreciated!

Thanks for setting all of this up, Bsh1!
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@LordLuke
The problem is that I barely have time to work on the website ( I still have a full time work and some other activities ), leave alone to actively participate, so I just chose to work on the features instead of fully participating. 
DebateArt.com
Debates: 0
DebateArt.com
-->
@thett3
I had had this website for quite some time before DDO started to go down. I just decided to quickly translate it to English because it wasn't used by anyone in the Russian community. I mean, even our president doesn't debate, why ordinary people would? haha
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Congratulations to everyone! Seriously, I think everyone inducted fully deserves to be there; and I for one found the process - with a few given examples of drama - was well conducted and affirming, before we return to our regular pattern of all being assholes to each other, a lot of people said a lot of good things about everyone, and we should all take heart at the community we built.

My personal favourite is that while Bshs left testicle could not be nominated as a user, his entire sack, from pubis to chode is now forever immortalized. I would truly have lost my Sh*t if that thread didn’t make it in!
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
assholes

sack, from pubis to chode
uncensored
lost my Sh*t

left festival 
okay.
bsh1
bsh1
Thanks to everyone for participating!
David
Debates: 91
David
I want to sincerely than everyone who voted for me and participate. I am quite pleased with the level of participation. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@thett3
You might find this interesting