A confession and an apology

Author: TheHammer

Total: 46
TheHammer
Debates: 0
TheHammer
Over the course of the past week or so, a group chat of old DDO users has been created on Facebook dot com. Through this group chat, I launched a campaign to get RM into the hall of fame. We got the ball rolling very early, pushing most of his early nomination votes. As things progressed we eased off and let the momentum we caused inspire other users to vote him of their own accord. I will say that he got enough nomination and final votes from non-malicious users to justify his placement in the HOF, but I cannot say what effect our early trolling had on giving him the momentum necessary. I apologize to bsh, RM, Mike, Supa, and all others impacted by our interference. I truly am sorry I was not able to let an election go by without meddling.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
confession noted
David
Debates: 91
David
Apology accepted. <3 Thank you for being open and honest.
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
Do the votes still count?

David
Debates: 91
David
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I believe so. That's up to bsh 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Doesn't RM have like every medal on the site?

Why is a vote even necessary?
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@TheHammer
What is your take on the scope of your influence? How many actual voters did you contact? 
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
-->
@Mopac
Doesn't RM have like every medal on the site? Why is a vote even necessary?

I thought something similar.... Early on in the site RM was far and away one of the more prolific and high profile posters, both in the forums and on debates, to the point that when medals were first introduced he racked them up within no time at all. Anything that had his name on it or in it immediately became must-see content, for better or worse, especially since for a while there wasnt a lot of activity on the site. 

To rig a nomination for someone who probably had the best odds of being inducted anyways? Its like rigging a car race between a Prius, a Dodge charger, a Polish tank from WW2 without its main turret, and a horse with a busted leg in favor of the Charger. Like no shit was it going to win, rigging it in their favor is just a monumental waste of effort. 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Almost none of the “old” ddo users voted for RM. 
TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@bsh1
It was a subtler campaign, and as I said if our votes were removed he'd still have the nomination and final votes necessary to make it. We just got him as a number one contender early on in the hopes that others would see RM had the most votes and toss another one his way
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheHammer
Why not name the people?

(16-?) x = RM would've won.

I wouldn't know if you are telling the truth if you don't state who the people are. That question mark is there for a reason. I don't know because you haven't told me which is why there is an x not a number since your claim is without proof. Care to say? 
Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
I have a particular strong suspicion that this is just an attempt to make it seem like RM was the beneficiary of campaigning, after their preferred candidate(s) didn’t make it and/or lost out for the same reason.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Ramshutu
I have a particular strong suspicion that this is just an attempt to make it seem like RM was the beneficiary of campaigning, after their preferred candidate(s) didn’t make it and/or lost out for the same reason.
Doesn't TheHammer barely even go on the site. The person only has like 156 forum posts. This part would be questioning if the user even cares to do anything like this.

If someone was added in where is TheHammer's vote for them or if RM was the goal where are the old DDO users voting for him? I guess it is "old" DDO since it isn't really stated who they are. This part was where was the impact. 

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Ramshutu
Another thing.

TheHammer didn't even vote for RM

"Supa
Mike
Virt"

The only person who I think could be called an "old" DDO user would be LordLuke. Other than that I don't think the "old" DDO users didn't even bother to show up.

LordLuke voted for RM.
"People
RationalMadman"

This is pure speculation.
TheHammer
TheHammer
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why not name the people?
I don't think it would be fair to take them down with me. Most of them didn't even know about the no strategizing rule, I just asked them to vote RM. As for my own vote, I didn't want to draw suspicion so I only voted well into the cycle, after my people had voted and against how they voted.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@TheHammer
Why not only tell bsh1 so someone can know if it actually had an impact or not? 

Castin
Castin
-->
@Ramshutu
Get out of my head.

bsh1
bsh1
-->
@TheHammer
I reached out to you via PM. If I can corroborate your information, RM will not be disqualified. I do, however, need to corroborate your claims. I certainly believe, based on this comment, that at least some of the information you have provided is accurate. I also want to say that I truly appreciate you coming forward.
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
The hammer is a liar. He is making shit up as he goes along to discredit my victory. The voters who voted me did so of their own volition. He is just jealous af and had nothing better to today.
coal
coal
-->
@TheHammer
I legitimately do not care, I think that apologies like this are not needed in any circumstance, and there should be nothing wrong with discussing this site off-site as literally every member here does.

coal
coal
-->
@TheRealNihilist
What are you supposed to be?  A demon-possessed satan-elf? 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@coal
That's exactly what Therealnihlist is,congrats
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@coal
I don't get it. Can you explain what you just said? 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
Through this group chat, I launched a campaign to get RM into the hall of fame.

Well that was retarded. His induction was inevitable, why waste your time putting effort into making sure the sun will rise tomorrow?
coal
coal
-->
@Dr.Franklin
He is a demon-possessed satan-elf? 
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@TheHammer
How about you imgur a screenshot?
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@coal
Maybe?
bsh1
bsh1
I have received testimonial evidence directly and explicitly denying the allegations made in this thread by Hammer. Key elements of this evidence (e.g. the number of people in the group chat) were corroborated during my interview with Hammer. I therefore found the evidence to be prima facie credible.

Hammer was given an opportunity to provide me with evidence supporting his claims, which he declined to do without securing the permission of those involved in the scheme first. Privacy cannot be used as a shield against COC-enforcement. Codes of silence cannot be legitimate tools to protect against violations of the rules.

I also noted that no user who was unaware of the anti-coordination clause would be punished, and I have not punished any user for voting with a campaign so long as they were not actively a part of the campaign. Given this, the privacy reasoning for non-disclosure was not something I was willing to accept. Indeed, refusal to give DART usernames of those involved so that I could corroborate Hammer's claims through interviews struck me as obstructionist in a way that implied guilt.

I am therefore concluding, unless and until new evidence emerges, that the allegations made by Hammer in this thread are without merit. This was, as far as I can ascertain, an unacceptable attempt to troll. While I will not make any final judgement about the validity of the HOF results until Sunday, to allow any additional evidence out there or any additional informed parties to come forward, I am provisionally ruling that the HOF results will stand precisely as called.

If anyone has any evidence about these events to provide, they are urged to contact me so that I can better address both Hammer's actions and their permissibility as well as the HOF results' validity. Thank you.

thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
-->
@bsh1
Wait so did he or didn’t he violate the rules? Because you’re saying he didn’t, but he also got banned 
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@bsh1
So many debates were worth it....
This mod ruling is an art all of it's own..
It's so freaking beautiful...