Office Mafia Day 1

Author: warren42

Total: 853
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Welcome to Dunder Mifflin!
(this was stolen from speed who stole from bsh1)

RULES

Read all of the following information carefully. It will behoove you to do so.

Activity

You are required to make 10 posts per DP. At least 5 of those posts must be substantive. A substantive post is any post that advances the progress of the game. The determination of what is or is not a substantive post is mine, and mine alone, to make.

Failure to meet this activity standard makes you eligible for replacement. If you know in advance that you won't be active, tell me ahead of time, otherwise I will have a lot less sympathy for you. For those who were insufficiently active but who had legitimate reasons for the low activity, I will expect you to make up for your inactivity in the next DP. You may receive 1 activity prompt in the last 24 to 12 hours of a DP; this is not guaranteed. A failure to get this prompt out to you will not excuse any inactivity.

PM Etiquette

Don't use PM structure, wincons, PM time stamps, or things of that ilk as points of analysis in the game. Discussion of these issues is strictly prohibited. You may not C/P anything from your PMs into the game or take photos of your PMs. There is to be no communicating via non-mod-initiated methods, even with teammates or hydra-halves. This means there is to be no game-related discussion on G+ hangouts, rabb.it hangouts, unauthorized PMs on site, PMs offsite, etc. If you suspect or know that any such communication is taking place, you are obligated to inform me immediately.

Remember, paraphrasing is your friend. You may only paraphrase PM content. An acceptable paraphrase should substantially change the original wording of the passage, and that change should be noticeably more than mere deletion, addition, or substitution. I am willing to pre-screen your paraphrases if I have time.

Other Issues

Observe civil and good conduct. Except in cases of exceptional rudeness, anyone who violates the conduct policy will receive 1 warning. Violations past that warning will result in you being replaced or mod-killed. What constitutes civil and good conduct is at my discretion. Additionally, all players must play to their wincon. Attempts to throw the game will not be tolerated. Play to win. Finally, excessive spamming, post editing, trolling, or thread derailment will also not be tolerated, and operates on the "1 warning, then replacement/mod-kill" paradigm. I reserve the right to bring back in any previously eliminated player as a replacement at least once, unless that player had an investigative role and received results prior to being eliminated.

Cycles and Voting

All DPs will be 72 hours long or will end when someone is hammered (or VTNL is hammered). NPs will be 48 hours long; however, if all actions are submitted early, the NP may be concluded earlier. No NP will be concluded before at least 12 hours have elapsed. I am willing to grant extensions for the DPs or NPs upon request, but it will be at my discretion whether to grant those requests. DP extensions will be 12-24 hours; NP extensions will be 6-12 hours. Votes or unvotes cast in twilight will not be assessed. Once a lynch is secured, the DP immediately ends; you must refrain from posting after a lynch is announced or secured. Only two warnings will be offered in twilight reminding people to stop posting. Posting after the warnings may result in a mod-kill. A policy of majority (as opposed to plurality) lynching is in force for this game. You are not required to unvote before re-voting, but you are required to use the acronym "VTL" to preface your votes and to bold your votes. Sometimes, when I am in a hurry, I will do a ctrl+f search for "VTL" and "unvote;" so using those specific phrases is important for ensuring an accurate count.

THEME

The theme of the game is The Office (American version). Roles may or may not be related to characters. There is a thematic split of sorts, but I won't be disclosing it.

EDIT: This game is explicitly 10 town vs 3 mafia.

RESOURCES

LIVING PLAYERS
1. SirAnonymous
2. iLikePie5
3. drafterman
4. PressF
5. Supa
6. Oromagi
7. Lunatic
8. Greyparrot
9. Speedrace
10. WaterPhoenix
11. Airmax1227
12. A-R-O-S-E
13. Wylted

With 13 players, it takes 7 votes to lynch.
The DP ends at 8PM, EST, on 10/29/19

Good luck! And let the games begin!

warren42
warren42
-->
@drafterman
@Vader
@ILikePie5
@PressF4Respect
@SirAnonymous
Game has begun. D1 will be 72 hours plus the about 6 it takes to reach my desired EOD time of 8PM EST.
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
This is my hidden char claim so I can landmine maf later: ByEkLsT
warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
@Greyparrot
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Hello, game has started
warren42
warren42
-->
@Wylted
@A-R-O-S-E
@airmax1227
Hey guys

Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Hey so this is my first game in probably about a year. Obviously I saw your playstyle in my game, and I briefly skimmed some of the endgame comments of MCU. How would you normally describe your playstyle?

Are town gambits like what you pulled in the last game common or rare? 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
EARLY CLAIM!

I am vanilla because everyone loves me as a salesman.

my name is Jim Halpert

I am part of the town.

That is all.

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
I make a tier based read list and suggest we lynch bottom to top, close to endgames. I don't think I can use my role to do anything funky this game so no gambit. If someone CCs me I will reveal how my "landmine" is my character and get them lynched.
Lunatic
Lunatic
AROSE, WaterPhoenix, SirAnonymous, SpeedRace and PressF are the only players I haven't really experienced outside of an on-going quickfire game, so I will have to develop my understanding of their playstyles. I am pretty sure I have played several games with oromagi but don't quite remember his playstyle either.

And it's been years since Max has touched forum mafia so I am sure his playstyle is different as well. Though he's played several live mafia he can be quite devious as mafia, and he's a very logical but conservative town player. 

Wylted, drafer, greyparrot I think I've got a handle on how they play for the most part though I am sure their individual playstyles have changed and adapted since I've last played with them. 

Supa seems an open book, based on his play from my game and the quickfire game, I won't be holding too much weight in non-thought out actions (not saying he gets a free pass, I just understand he is a kid and doesn't think things through often much like I did when I was new to mafia). 

Since it's been so long since i've played, I'm gonna be feeling a lot of you out, and probably asking a lot of questions just to get a handle on how you all think and play. It won't necessarily mean I scum read you if I get inquisitive. I am excited for a fun game, looking forward to this. 
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
If I lurk, you will know I am scum.
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
(not saying he gets a free pass, I just understand he is a kid and doesn't think things through often much like I did when I was new to mafia). 
Here comes the earful

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Speedrace
lol, just tell him this game we will lynch all liars if he wants to pull that bullshit.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
I'd suggest if you are actually town to with-hold vanilla claims so early. IMO vanilla is one of the most powerful tools town has. You can scum hunt freely, and if you are night killed early your death is monumentally less severe to towns progression. I seem to remember your play-style being a bit like this in past games, but can you explain in your own words why you thought full claiming instantly was a good idea?

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Greyparrot
Period.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
If I lurk, you will know I am scum.
lol

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
You were my mafia buddy first time playing mafia lol
Vader
Vader
-->
@Greyparrot
I thought Jim would be more of a power role tbh...
Vader
Vader
Guys I am not doing stupid gambits this game don't worry
Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Will you change your pfp to the mafia game currently going on
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
I only know AROSE as Town so far. And he likes to make and stick to making suboptimal gambits.

Seems to be a theme in the current meta.
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Obligatory noob pressure:

VTL  SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
This is my hidden char claim so I can landmine maf later: ByEkLsT
What's the point of making an encoded claim? Aren't you concerned the mafia will decode it?

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
You were my mafia buddy first time playing mafia lol
I am sorry I do not recall the game.

Will you change your pfp to the mafia game currently going on
?
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
Obligatory noob pressure:

VTL  SirAnonymous
What and why?

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@drafterman
I am not 100% sure SirAnonymous is actually a noob. He seemed to pick up on the mechanics pretty quickly in the quickfire we did just barely for only having played live mafia. I could be wrong though. 
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
I am not 100% sure SirAnonymous is actually a noob. He seemed to pick up on the mechanics pretty quickly in the quickfire we did just barely for only having played live mafia. I could be wrong though.
As I said before the game started, I have played mafia live, so I knew the basic rules. I had never played it online until the Lucid Dreamers mafia that just ended. However, I can easily learn any game that can be logically analysed. This time, however, you won't fool me with an unverifiable bluff - I hope. :) 
This time, I'll challenge my assumptions earlier.

oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
(first things first)

put supadudz in the hall of fame
instead of ill feeling of anger and shame
instead of accusing and grousing and flame

instead of troll loosing and losing insane
instead of complaining of raining and pain

instead of the panic of main depressives
instead of the drama of llamas deranged

su-pa-pa dudz papa su-pa-pa-dudz
su-pa-pa dudz papa sup-pa-pa-dudz

instead of ill feeling of anger and shame
instead of accusing and grousing and flame

instead of the panic of manic depressives
instead of the drama of llamas deranged
put supadudz in the hall of flame

instead of troll loosing and losing insane
instead of complaining of raining and pain

VTL SupaDudz

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@SirAnonymous
They won't lol
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@oromagi
VTL SupaDudz
Why? What's up with the vtl'ing before we have any info?

Vader
Vader
-->
@Lunatic
Beginners Mafia 56

And you changed ur pfp from Dark souls--> Office. Does that mean for whatever theme the mafia is, your PFP will replicate