New Moderator Welcome

Author: David

Total: 31
David
Debates: 91
David
Greetings, everyone! 

I would first like to thank bsh1 for his service to the community. Over the past year, I feel like I have grown significantly as a person, moderator, and a debater under his guidance. He will be missed. I am super excited to serve as the chief moderator. I know I have made mistakes in the past and I know that I will probably make mistakes in the future. I will do the best I can in my new position. 

That being said, I would like to welcome two new moderators. First off, blamonkey will be joining the moderation team as an assistant vote moderator. He will work closely with Ramshutu to handle vote reports. Second, Ragnar will be taking my place as the deputy moderator. Please welcome these two people to the team. These two people were chosen because I believe they’re some of the deepest thinking people on the site and both are well-liked and respected by the community. Both of these people have clean moderation records as well as impressive debating records in their own right. Blamonkey has done dozens of in-depth and well-researched debate topics on DART and on DDO. He has also been consistently one of the most in-depth voters here and on DDO. Ragnar was chosen for the same reasons. He has quite an impressive debating record. With DDO and DART taken into consideration, Ragnar has done over 100 debates and did not lose a single debate. That is quite impressive indeed! 

Lastly, Speedrace is being promoted to a full forum moderator. He will have access to the admin panel as well as all moderation tools. He will be advising me on the forum end and making recommendations. 

That said, here is the current moderation team:

Virtuoso, chief moderator
Ragnar, deputy moderator
Speedrace, forum moderator

blamonkey, voting moderator
ramshutu, voting moderator

SupaDudz, discord liaison
drafterman, discord liaison

I have full faith and confidence in my team. Please be patient with us as our team begins to take shape.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@David
I am excited to be working with this mod team to help the Discord. This team is connected with resources on the clock with connections to Discord. I am excited for the future of the site ad Discord
David
David
-->
@Vader
Thank you, SupaDudz! I'm looking forward to working with you. 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
The only good choice there is ragnar, and removing castin. Speed race is just a disgusting choice and he will interpret the COC incorrectly and start banning people just for holding controversial opinions. I can already see it. The first thread ai make arguing that blacks are inferior or that Jews were behind 9 11, is going to be removed and get me banned. The site needs to welcome controversial opinions because we need them to have a functioning debate site. You fucked up virt
David
David
-->
@Wylted
The only good choice there is ragnar, and removing castin. Speed race is just a disgusting choice and he will interpret the COC incorrectly and start banning people just for holding controversial opinions. I can already see it. The first thread ai make arguing that blacks are inferior or that Jews were behind 9 11, is going to be removed and get me banned. The site needs to welcome controversial opinions because we need them to have a functioning debate site. You fucked up virt

Wylted, I am sorry you feel that way. I ask that you give us a chance to moderate. No one will be banned without the full moderation team weighing in. 
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Forum Mod Thoughts On Bsh

Firstly, my report here does not necessarily reflect my personal opinion on the situation, but rather my opinion as forum mod.

Secondly, I want to apologize for my initial handling of the situation, or lack thereof. I had not read the full thread and didn't understand the situation, although I go now.

Bsh's post was hard for me to initially evaluate in a light that was unbiased. However, I thought to myself what I would think not only if another user said the same thing, but if I heard that in real life. The answer would be that I would be horrified, and possibly scared, especially in the later situation. And this was in no way my initial reaction to bsh's post, but that post does teach us one thing.

It is that no one can be above the rules, and they behavior like this cannot be tolerated, regardless of who wrote this.

This is in no way condemning Bsh himself, but simply his actions. He still has my full respect and I believe that he made an honest and valid choice by stepping down. It is my hope that we can continue to thrive, even without him.

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Wylted
Respectfully, no. I'm not in the wrong for having an opinion about your opinions, but they doesn't mean I'll force my opinions on you. Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I'm going to force my opinion on you.   
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@David
Bsh1 failed the site with his moderation policies and by sticking with people who depended entirely on him for their reputation. Ragnar falls outside of that realm so is a good pick, but keeping the rest, to spare their feelings if they were removed is silly. You did not mention Catin in this thread, so am I to assume I am not assigned a personal mod whose sole purpose is to mod my actions anymore 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
I find it is untypical of liberals not to censor opinions they disagree with. I find it also highly suspicious that there is no diversity of thought among moderators. You all agree 100% on the top 10 political positions. All of you are pro life, anti border security. Pro welfare state, anti gun, etc. The lack of diversity of the admins is disturbing.  Even Mike is probably a commie

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Wylted
If your logic is that I'll do that because I'm liberal, shouldn't you therefore be worried about all the mods doing the same?
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
Please you have to ban the IQ stuff about black people. That is so false that at this point people are intentionally parroting misleading information in attempt to get people to go ahead with their awful ideas or would like to muddy the water. This hate speech directed at a race even though there is no scientific backing for IQ and race. 

For Wylted to even call Speedrace a person who wants to remove opinions shows how little he knows about him which should make you consider why is someone not even knowledgeable about a particular subject talking about it. I hope you already know this and disregard his opinion because I sure do. Another thing he stated is that liberals are commies. If it wasn't clear already he doesn't know what he is talking about so his opinion should be discredited given the chance that he is speaking about things he doesn't understand. That chance has already been demonstrated countless times so this can't be used as a universal rule to pretty much anyone's opinions only people who talk about things they are not knowledgeable at. 
Wylted
Wylted
-->
@Speedrace
Yes, but I am not opposed to liberal mods. I however do find it suspicious you guys could all be clones of eachbother
Vader
Vader
-->
@Wylted
Me, nah, I’m younger than the mods and am conservative
OoDart
Debates: 7
OoDart
Glad to have a thriving and active moderation team!
David
David
-->
@OoDart
Thank you! 
TheHammer
Debates: 0
TheHammer
What happened with Castin?
David
David
-->
@TheHammer
What happened with Castin?

Castin has stepped down. We believe the moderation team is large enough to make her position obsolete. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Looks great!
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
Recommended Virt dissolve the position of recusal mod. No need for me to stay.
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@David
As the new moderator, can you PLEASE stop spamming our notifications with administrative updates?
David
David
-->
@spacetime
As the new moderator, can you PLEASE stop spamming our notifications with administrative updates?

I will be using the announcement feature a lot less. This is probably the last time I will be using it in the foreseeable future. Moving forward, announcements will be made for only super important topics such as this. 
spacetime
Debates: 3
spacetime
-->
@David
Excellent, thanks!
David
David
-->
@spacetime
You're welcome. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 556
RationalMadman
A cyberbully gets the deputy moderator position. That was one dumb as fuck pick. Not impressed. He can see my IP and device info now and stalk me better too.
Vader
Vader
Everyone is a cyberbully to you. The goldfish could be a cyber bully.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
No. He is a aerious cyberbully who preys on people he sees as psychologically weak. It's a repeated cycle of sociopathy he's displayed and picked hardest on me but he underestimated how much bsh1 would care. He has me blocked how can I get hold of the deputy moderator if he has blocked me?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
A guy who thinks safe spaces are for pussies, ends up being a deputy moderator assigned to keeping a space aafe.

Irony. What an 'alpha wolf' he is now. I'm so scared.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
LOL
Vader
Vader
Sometimes I wonder what goes on inside RM heads, sometimes I just let it be, sometimes I wonder what he thinks of me

Ramshutu
Debates: 43
Ramshutu
Congratulations new moderators!