Moving Forward

Author: David

Total: 17
David
Debates: 91
David
Greetings, everyone!

The past few weeks have seen quite a bit of drama that should have been completely avoided. I am disappointed in seeing how the HOF went down and the resignation of bsh1. With that said, my first official act as chief moderator is to give everyone a full amnesty with the expectation that you improve your behavior. Everyone will be starting over with a clean slate. However, those who are currently banned will remain banned until their ban expires. I think it is best for all of us to forgive each other, love each other, move forward, and put this all behind us. I honestly think it was a bit harsh to not allow campaigning and vote discussions. In next year’s hall of fame, this will be allowed.

In the next few weeks, there will obviously be a period of transition as we all get used to the new leadership. Additionally, I am working on restructuring and refactoring the moderator team to make it more transparent and organized. I’d ask for your patience in moving forward and please keep things civil. This thread will be locked in 72 hours. 

Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@David
With that said, my first official act as chief moderator is to give everyone a full amnesty with the expectation that you improve your behavior. Everyone will be starting over with a clean slate.

Please clarify whether this is only in regards to the drama surrounding bsh's resignation or whether everyone has a clean slate in general.
David
David
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
With that said, my first official act as chief moderator is to give everyone a full amnesty with the expectation that you improve your behavior. Everyone will be starting over with a clean slate.

Please clarify whether this is only in regards to the drama surrounding bsh's resignation or whether everyone has a clean slate in general.

Sorry for the lack of clarification. Everyone has a clean slate in general except for those who are permanently banned. 
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@David
Restraining Orders?

coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@David
So to clarify, Castin is no longer a moderator? If so, this would obviously be a step in the right direction given her repeated demonstrations of immaturity (among other issues).

David
David
-->
@coal
So to clarify, Castin is no longer a moderator? If so, this would obviously be a step in the right direction given her repeated demonstrations of immaturity (among other issues).
Correct. I believe the moderation team is large enough to make her position obsolete. 

David
David
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Restraining Orders?

RO's will also be reset 
coal
coal
-->
@David
This is obviously a step in the right direction.  I continue to be amazed that Castin was ever selected for a moderation position, and am amazed that it took so long to correct this problem.  That is not to say that she is a bad person, but someone who acts like a moody 12 year old should not be in any form of a position of authority, even on a site as trivial as this one. 
coal
coal
How long is bsh1 banned for? 

Month?  Two months? 
David
David
-->
@coal
How long is bsh1 banned for? 

Month?  Two months? 

Bsh isn't banned. He requested his account be closed. I have his email and he will be welcomed back anytime he wants. He said he will be back to say hello near the holidays. 
Castin
Debates: 0
Castin
-->
@coal
So to clarify, Castin is no longer a moderator? If so, this would obviously be a step in the right direction
Lulz. Full disclosure, I was asked to be deputy, and then asked to stay on as recusal mod. I said no to both. It's me you should be thanking. http://gph.is/1PQa46P

Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
Really sad Castin had to remove herself instead of you making the correct decision 
Wylted
Debates: 34
Wylted
-->
@David
He can say hello during holidays but will not be allowed to vote in the presidential election
David
David
-->
@Wylted
He will be around during the holidays, hopefully. That being said, I have absolutely no control over the presidential elections as they are unofficial. 
Castin
Castin
-->
@Wylted
Really sad Castin had to remove herself instead of you making the correct decision
I suppose to restore your faith in him we could film a propaganda video of Virt kicking me in the ass on the way out, or mounting my head on a spike as he takes the Iron Throne. I only ask that my head be perfectly immortally preserved with my duckface Blue Steel expression.

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Castin
Do not worry. Coal is arrogant and is used to being able to state his arbitrary opinion as solid, well-respected fact. It is he who is immature, not you.
Castin
Castin
-->
@RationalMadman
Thanks man. I always appreciated your support.