Is this supposed to be a joke?

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 120
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
I have never seen bsh1 do a thing like what Speedrace did. I have done what I did on forums plenty of times but now Speedrace is on charge I am supposed to shut up when other people can't be bothered to counter my arguments instead resort to gaslighting me? bsh1 (correct me if I am wrong Virtuoso) locked a thread against the CoC. Where in the CoC does it state Speedrace is allowed to do this? 

"While we respect freedom of speech, this thread has an unhealthy number of personal attacks and even threats."

I did not threaten anyone. Maybe instead of actually preventing me to argue back against opinions people have why not ban or give a warning to the people who are giving threats? I personally attacked people's arguments. I didn't in no way attack a person for simply who they are. 

"As a reminder, the topic is Bsh1's resignation. If anyone feels they did not get to share their thoughts on that specific topic, we of the mod team would be happy to unlock it for continued topical discourse. Just try to chill out."

Mine wasn't about the bsh1 resignation but neither was the first ever thread on the topic. It was AvoidDeath's turn to issue his personal grievances against bsh1. Please don't use that trash argument when the person who even created the thread didn't abide by it. I know for a fact bsh1 disagreed with me on going out of the topic from a thread which is why he didn't lock threads that weren't about the topic at hand but here we see Speedrace  with no prior warning changing a rule.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@David
@Speedrace
Answer? I appreciate one over another. 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
I concur. This is an absurd abuse of power. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bmdrocks21
I concur. This is an absurd abuse of power. 
I know you take a freedom of speech route but do you see any rule in the CoC which allows Speedrace to do what he did?

I can't find it. 

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
If there were indeed personal attacks and threats, the makers of the threats and personal attacks are to be held responsible. This, as far as I can tell, wasn't a callout thread, so I am not aware of any CoC rules that would require it to be locked.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Lol, was typing that. I will look around real quick. I was citing memory.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bmdrocks21
If there were indeed personal attacks and threats, the makers of the threats and personal attacks are to be held responsible. This, as far as I can tell, wasn't a callout thread, so I am not aware of any CoC rules that would require it to be locked.
From my knowledge when someone without creating a thread but making a comment that is a CoC violation will be given a warning or suspension not that the entire thread is stopped. This is a first for this site and they haven't even made it clear that this was what they do. 

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I didn't just randomly do it, we all agreed upon it...it was originally gonna be Ragnar but I wanted to. It wasn't random lol. And we kept getting flagged posts from that thread. It was a petri dish for distasteful behavior.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Stop acting like it was an attack against you personally. It wasn't. Your name wasn't even mentioned in the discussion to close it.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Speedrace
"A moderator (mod) is a person granted authority by the site owner(s) to enforce the rules of the site, primarily, the voting policy and the code of conduct policy."

As far as I am aware, there is no rule regarding locking a thread because of personal attacks among members. 
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@bmdrocks21
It was at our discretion that locking the thread would stop various distasteful behaviors and CoC violations. This is just like when bsh would make threads that he said would be locked eventually because it would generate behavior like that. Only difference here is that a mod didn't create the thread.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
I didn't just randomly do it, we all agreed upon it...it was originally gonna be Ragnar but I wanted to. It wasn't random lol. And we kept getting flagged posts from that thread. It was a petri dish for distasteful behavior.
Where was the warning? Why the immediate action? This is a first for this site and stop using someone else to support your side. Ragnar can come here if he wants to defend your case but like what I say to him where was the warning?

Stop acting like it was an attack against you personally. It wasn't. Your name wasn't even mentioned in the discussion to close it.
Who said it was? What you did do was prevent me from arguing against 2 people who were calling me out. If someone was giving threats you should've banned them not lock the entire thread. If it wasn't clear this is a first for this site and it is a first that you put thread locking over taking threats seriously.

I much rather have bsh1 who I disagree with tell me what the rules are then this dumb f*ck who doesn't even bother to tell users on this site when there is a new precedent. I can't believe he left.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Speedrace
Above moron.

This time tell me when I can't verbally abuse moderators not institute another rule expecting me to know what you did before you ban something I am apart of. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You have flagging my posts to get it taken down I assume
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Speedrace
Well, what Bsh1 did can be a whole different discussion.

Again, as far as I am aware, the CoC doesn't offer rules about this thread locking. I also was not aware that mods were given this "discretion". 

If individuals are breaking rules, they are to be held accountable, not the thread(since it wasn't a callout thread).

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Speedrace
It was at our discretion that locking the thread would stop various distasteful behaviors and CoC violations. This is just like when bsh would make threads that he said would be locked eventually because it would generate behavior like that. Only difference here is that a mod didn't create the thread.
Lol comparing a user created thread vs a moderator thread. One is created by an authority which creates threads as a means to state what occurs on the site that is part of their moderating and another is a person using the threads like a user should do. Come on where is someone better defending this case? Virutoso, Ragnar anyone. 

Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You didn't threaten anyone. The closure was not cause of you

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
You have flagging my posts to get it taken down I assume
Please link me to the posts. I did do it for the literally stupidest person something comment or maybe I didn't because it was green when I looked at it and assumed it was me but I don't remember flagging anything recently. Maybe linking it to me would help me remember. I don't remember flagging you. I remember arguing against you. Now if you don't believe me then don't. I am not asking you. The only way you can truly know is by asking the moderation team to tell you if it was or wasn't me. Maybe this time it would happen given Speedrace the dumbf*ck who is the one doing unprecedented things without warning.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
You didn't threaten anyone. The closure was not cause of you
Why not remove the comment and ban the person? I was still arguing yet Speedrace had to go out of his way to do something that wasn't even necessary. If you remove the threat then I can carry on arguing. 

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@TheRealNihilist
This is like a restaurant getting shut down for health violations. You're just the cashier who knows nothing and is just trying to pay bills. Stop blowing it out of proportion.
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
Ya'll want me to set up a discord for touchy topics? I started then thought about how only like, 2 dudes would join max
Vader
Vader
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Maybe you didn't. I assumed you cause you were the only one that could've taken to offense
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Speedrace
This is like a restaurant getting shut down for health violations. You're just the cashier who knows nothing and is just trying to pay bills. Stop blowing it out of proportion.
Can I say I was offended? Are you going to relinquish your post as well? No because bsh1 had the deceny to step down when he did something wrong that PressF4 didn't find offensive but here you are saying something wrong while also being offensive. 

It is wrong because you are belittling my point as the cashier even though I am a veteran cashier. In your scenario given the health violation my long running job compared to my long run here will be ending because of something I did not do. I will have to find a new job because of a fault of the higher ups like this dumb f*ck Speedrace. Why wouldn't I be mad about this?

Shut up and learn from the other moderators before you try to double down on your offensive stance.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
This site has a moderator for every five members or so, lol. They have to justify their positions somehow 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Vader
Maybe you didn't. I assumed you cause you were the only one that could've taken to offense
From what I read coal's comment was reported. I didn't even know he commented so I have no real way of personally reporting it. My comment was reported. I guess Annie didn't want to argue against me so Annie reported me. I don't see a reason why I would report my own comment so I will leave it at that. 

I don't have the best memory so maybe it was me reporting myself and coal but I doubt it. 

Just skimming the entire thing what exactly would I report. My own comment or coals who I didn't even care to read?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
Ya'll want me to set up a discord for touchy topics? I started then thought about how only like, 2 dudes would join max
I don't like discord to much. Mainly whenever I get into it. I just forget about it and just carry on doing other things. 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Thoughts

1.What a bullshit move, let the people SPEAK, ever since they got rid of spamming this webites gotten more stricter
2.Dont get offended over silly stuff LOL

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@TheRealNihilist
That's my point of blowing it out of proportion. It was one thread. You don't gain anything from it. It does nothing for you. It's not comparable to the "veteran cashier."
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
Last week's mod tells a dirty joke:

HOWLS of OUTRAGE at the PERMISSIVENESS of MODERATION TEAM

The guillotine's blade falls fast.  snick

This week's mod shuts down some silly real housewives dram-a-thon:

HOWLS of OUTRAGE at the IMPERMISSIVENESS of MODERATION TEAM

If this isn't Speed's first official act it is close to it.  How's about the people who have been around here a while show some support and investment in the actual development of this site.  There is nothing cool or useful about raging at a guy at his first day on the job.  Not every emotion felt is worthy of a new forum topic, folks.

Vader
Vader
-->
@oromagi
If this isn't Speed's first official act it is close to it.  How's about the people who have been around here a while show some support and investment in the actual development of this site.  There is nothing cool or useful about raging at a guy at his first day on the job.  Not every emotion felt is worthy of a new forum topic, folks.
+100

This forum topic honestly pissed me off so much