DDO looks normal again- are you going to use it?

Author: linate

Total: 44
linate
Debates: 0
linate

ddo debate.org
at least, it's not currently being over run by bots. it lacks a lot of participation, but all it needs to become normal again is people to start using it again.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@linate
wrong. you cannot post a single url to a debate, it forces you to hav ea capital letter after every comma and formatting is totally corrupted by how they have combatted the ad bots.
David
Debates: 91
David
As of right now I don’t think I’ll ever use DDO again. The vast majority of content on DDO is simply trash. The thing about this community is that it’s young and full of potential. We can mold this site into any way the users desire it to be. 

Logical-Master
Debates: 6
Logical-Master
It sucks. I currently have a "debate" open that my opponent forfeited his round and the debate is permanently set as forfeited. That site has gone to hell.
Castin
Castin
Nah, I won't go back except to make sure people can find their way here.
ocean
ocean
I was never a member on DDO, but I’ve visited the site over the past few days and it is clear to me that it is truly unusable. Debates do not update when forfeited, there is no forum activity among users, and there doesn’t appear to be an active moderator. 

This site is superior in every regard. 
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@ocean
I would agree. 
Imabench
Imabench
DDO became a casualty of its own weight. It was simple at first where you had debates, forums, and thats it..... Then the opinions section was added, which brought in more user traffic, but only the kind that liked to spout their own opinion then walk off, rather then actually discuss anything.... Then the polls section was added, bringing in more of the same type of traffic that overall wasn't very beneficial to the site...... Now both the opinions section and the polls section are wastelands, so it all was a wasted effort. 

That effort could have been used to fix the forfeit glitch in debates. Debate participation was already down because older members lost the debating bug, while others were dissuaded from debating due to concerns over not getting enough votes. Then when the forfeit bug kicked in, where now even forfeited debates would not result in a win because it wouldn't result in ever ending, it killed off any ability to debate, or for people to follow good debates. 

Spamming in the forums wasn't much of an issue. It was there, it would be deleted, or just relegated to forums nobody used anyways. It usually was just one spam account, posting two or three times, before falling silent. Then it became multiple spambots positing multiple spam threads. This went on for YEARS before the mega spam attacks from last month came, inundating the site. When it looks like the worst is over, it will only come back again after a few days, as we've seen at this point. 

DDO is gone. It had its time in the sun, but due to bad prioritization and mismanagement, it has dwindled to the sad state it is today. Why anybody would stay there and not transition to over here is beyond me. 

Smithereens
Debates: 2
Smithereens
DDO's activity is likely never going to recover. This community on the other hand is growing, and once the site gets optimized for google searches there's going to be a new community emerging. I'm looking forward to it.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
For those of us there long enough, DDO was once an awesome place. The communities, the banter, the healthy competition left you feeling involved, excited, and part of something.

It is sad now that some of the very people who contributed to it's demise, will now pontificate about what killed it, as if they share no blame for its sad state today.

I'm glad for the new opportunity. I only wish Mike had been a member longer so he would have a more complete grasp of where we went wrong, so he could build in safeguards now against those things.

I do wish DDO well. And the best to AirMax. And to those members who decided to stay, a working site one day. But as for me and my house, we will serve Dart.

XLAV
XLAV
DDO is dead lmao
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@XLAV
In what way is it funny? Did someone mistreat you there?
drafterman
drafterman
Nope, still looks like shit.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@XLAV
I think I've lost count at how many second chances people have given DDO at this point only for DDO to find some new way to fall even deeper into a hole. You have a better chance at turning a spambot into a legitimate member of DDO than you do of seeing DDO return to its former glory at this point, even if you did scrub all the utter imbeciles from the politics and religion forums
ethang5
ethang5
9. Lol
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
I officially have deactivated my account on ddo. Let it be known I ended undefeated on my latest account.
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
DDO has been terrible for the last...what, 5 years?

Do registrations even work on that site anymore?
Nd24007
Nd24007
If YOU were never a member then how do you know about DDO? And how did you login on to the site if you never was a member. Sound to me like YOU are lying.  
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Not going back. Spambots killed it. Also, no one is on the site

The Titanic hit the iceberg and is sinking fast

Airmax tries to find the hole that caused the crash, while most jumped off the ship to a life raft.

Some believe Max can fix the hold, some don't.

But the ship will still have some water that is still in there

XLAV
XLAV
-->
@Imabench
Maybe if Juggle fixed all the bugs then maybe it'll have a chance, but its a big maybe. If they ever did fix DDO fully, the potential of DA is just more intriguing and better than the shithole DDO once was, so I'll probably stick to DA if the community stays here with me. 
XLAV
XLAV
-->
@ethang5
DDO has been buggy and spammed for years yet the community stayed, well some of it. Now when everybody has left Juggle is still doing minimal work to fix DDO. They had the chance to fix DDO a long time ago but now it's too late. 
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@XLAV
I don't think Juggle is even CAPABLE of fixing the bugs on the site at this point, as evident by how they managed to ban the lone mod on the site when trying to end the recent spam attacks. Should they be capable, whether or not they would actually exert the effort to try to fix the site is another question entirely. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@XLAV
Apparently, there are brief periods one can post to the site. The trolls hari and willows are posting there. Willows spamming a dead site and hari answering every post he didn't have the last word on.

But the ads are still working. So juggle is still generating and income of sorts from the site.
Castin
Castin
Man. Posts are just vanishing on DDO. You reply to someone and nothing happens. The thread never updates with your post.
thett3
Debates: 2
thett3
I don’t think Juggle is ever going to fix DDO, because from their perspective it’s already been fixed. Their site no longer hosts links to illegal pirated material. From a financial standpoint the domain name is inherently valuable and there’s plenty of old content to generate Alexa rankings. Very few if any non users checked in to read the posts of a couple dozen members, people would search an issue and a debate or poll would pop up. That content is still gonna be there so I don’t think they’re going to bother to fix the site 

bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@thett3
Sadly, I think Thett's right.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
Can we get Guinan back? Your avatar keeps tripping me
ShabShoral
ShabShoral
You all are traitors and should be ashamed of yourselves. 
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@ShabShoral
I betrayed nothing. I was kicked to the curb of that sh**hole of a site long ago and forced to hide who I was to dare return.

I am curious, however, what makes you feel you are loyal to DDO. Juggle and the site did nothing for you, not once the entire time you were there. Everything they did was for themselves as evident to the bitter end.
Earth
Debates: 4
Earth
-->
@ShabShoral
Juggle made DDO a shithole. Its dead.