Open or Closed minded?

Author: DBlaze

Total: 9
DBlaze
Debates: 0
DBlaze
Are Trump supporters Closed minded? 

This seems to be the consensus with all establishment types and anti-Trumpers.  I think it is the exact opposite....Trump does not act presidential, he talks directly to people without always consulting his cabinet, saying what he truly thinks, and also speaking his mind sometimes off the cuff.  This is not what people are used to, so many people hate it.  That being said, so many were sick of the way it has been in the past, which is what won him the presidency, because he is different.  

So to say that trump supporters are closed minded because they like something different from the norm is kind of an oxymoron.  It is the anti-trumpers that are closed minded, and you can't talk them into liking trump, or agreeing with any good.... regardless.  

I admit, some of the things he does I don't agree with, but I certainly don't think he is a national security risk.  A lot seem to think he is, but that is just blowing things out of proportion and dreaming up .0001% chance of bad hypothetical outcomes to certain scenarios.  
TheDredPriateRoberts
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@DBlaze
who would outwardly admit to being a supporter?  Look at the confirmation hearing going on now and the people who are disrupting it.  Closed minded isn't an exclusive flaw unique to just any side.  Imo the huge failures to the unafordable care act was due to know it alls that were closed minded.  Because of the cringe worthy things he says I can't say I'm a Trump supporter but that doesn't mean he hasn't done some things well.  For all his great many flaws I think the U.S. needed someone like him.  While for many many years they all put on their happy faces and say nice things like "the gentleman from such and such a place" my colleague, my friend.  It's all b.s.  The hearings and investigations have exposed it.  The partisanship is really exposed now and whatever "compromises" back in the old days were probably more backroom deals than real compromise. 
I hope Trump does well and things get even better, but I also hope he cuts back on the tweets and needless rhetoric.
DBlaze
DBlaze
I agree to an extent with the tweets... but I think he is on to something as well, people like being talked to in their own language.  I think people also like that he has flaws, it proves that he is human... and if any of his accusers or anti-trumpers is scrutinized more than Trump is, or even close to the same amount, those very accusers would be found to be hypocrites.  (That goes for any politician)

I'm a whoever supporter... I was an Obama supporter... I was Bush supporter... I would have been a Hilary supporter, although I disliked her more than the aforementioned.  But for people to say, not my president, is just absurd.  

I do need to catch up on some news though.  I've been out of it for the past week or so.  
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@DBlaze
I'd say Trump supporters are more guarded minds than closed minds given the current witch-hunt mob mentality toward violence or passive aggressive actions against visible Trump supporters in general society.

That being said, you have to have an open mind to mentally separate coarse rhetoric from positive actions and policies, which every Trump supporter is inherently able to do. 
Mopac
Mopac
I look at all the 24/7 Trump "news" networks, and I can't help but think that something is very wrong.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the whole country was blindsided by something serious because everyone is too busy looking at Trump.

It's really fetishistic 

420 days later

Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@DBlaze
@Mopac
I'm an open-minded Trump supporter :P
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Christen
420 days later...lol what u smokin?
Christen
Debates: 5
Christen
-->
@Greyparrot
I don't smoke.
I just dug up this old thread because I found it interesting.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Greyparrot
He does this a lot