Office Mafia DP4

Author: warren42

Total: 120
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
Lynched Last DP
Drafter: You are Phyllis Lapin, the friendly saleswoman. You are vanilla; you can contribute to the game with your voice and your vote. You win with the town.

Died in the Night
Wylted: You are Michael Scott, the incompetent Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton. You spend the majority of your day paying attention to what others are doing instead of what you’re doing. As such, you are the tracker. Each night you can target someone and learn who they visited (if anyone). You win with the town.

Graveyard
SirAnon: Ninja (Lonnie)
Pie: 1x Vig (Creed)
Supa: Roleblocker (Darryl)
Water: Vanilla (Kevin)
Drafter: Vanilla (Phyllis)
Wylted: Tracker (Michael)

Living Players
PressF
Oromagi
Lunatic
Greyparrot
Speedrace
Airmax1227
A-R-O-S-E

With 7 players alive it takes 4 to lynch. DP will end Thursday, November 7 at 8PM EST.

Good luck!

warren42
warren42
-->
@Lunatic
@Greyparrot
@oromagi
@Speedrace
@PressF4Respect
It's 9AM, time to clock in.

warren42
warren42
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
@airmax1227
Nothing like slaving away at a 9-5 with a mid-size paper company until you die!
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
Oof
oromagi
Debates: 117
oromagi
OK- we need PressF's results  

I'm busy for evening but will try to check in later.
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
So I know this can be spun as extreme WIFOM, but if I was scum I wouldn't kill wylted... That's the last thing I would do, given he was pressuring me hard all day phase. That night kill was done purely to make me look scummy. Wylted himself was making that callout last DP (which was stupid for exactly this reason). I am clearly being set up as the mis-lynch today lol. The only person I see making that argument is GP though, so we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

So today, let's hear the cop results. I want to hear thoughts on AROSE and airmax. AROSE flip flopped his vote all day yesterday, clearly not concerned whether either of us were lynched. I'll defend my read on drafter all day, I had a behaviorally read on him but was willing to look at other options. He wasn't. That seemed way too hypocritical from drafter considering the argument we had in 5D's where he lectured me for the exact same thing. Drafter should have been willing to consider other options. The reasons I am suspicious of airmax, is because his character claim seems largely different then the rest of ours. Also, water was killed almost as soon as he was copped innocent, and airmax wasn't... I think airmax is godfather. Cop doesn't need to be killed because he'll never get a guilty result again, making the role essentially a vanilla at this point. He's not a threat. Also with wylted being Michael, I find airmax's claim much scummier. First off his character is Michael's worst enemy. Second Max's character is the only other character thats not under michael, and is actually in the HR department.

Also is it just me or does Max's character fit in a little too good for his role, compared to the rest of the town characters? Michael's flip shows a pretty flimsy link to him being tracker. Same seems true with all the vanilla roles and the vig. That Max's role seems to fit his character so well makes me think it is a fake claim. Lastly airmax lurked the entire DP. He made like 3 unhelpful posts. At first I thought he was just busy or inactive, but it seems he actually was in touch with the game, but is playing more passively out of convenience. 

Top scum read is airmax. Sorry buddy. AROSE is scummy too, but I'm a little more willing to write him off as lazy/ bad play given he almost severely screwed town in DP1 of dark crystal by fake claiming as town. I can see mafia maybe getting cop as a fake claim, meaning press could be scum, but I am dis-inclined to believe that as much given water was killed after being copped innocent. 

Oro and Speed seem town. Oro was the one who caught on to the Supa slip, and speed has probably been the most conservative town player in the game; one of the only ones actually trying to scum hunt and being willing to deliberate his options.

Grey is null leaning town. He is a parrot, and doesn't justify his opinions very well, but even if his opinions are misguided he does seem to following his gut. IDK I could switch on this one.

Let's hear these results, but I want to test max's hated claim. 

VTL airmax. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
Seriously analyze these role PM's guys.

ROLES WITH LINKS THAT MAKE SENSE

You are Lonnie, one of the familiar faces around the warehouse. You never really get developed much, which means people often forget about you. You can do your work in the background. You are the ninja. If you carry out the night kill it will be unable to be tracked or watched. You win with the Mafia.

ROLES WITH NONSENSICAL LINKS

You are Creed Bratton, the batshit crazy resident criminal. Nobody really knows much about you. Are you even actually Creed Bratton? At one point you implied that you might have killed the real Creed and stolen his identity. As such, you are the one-shot vigilante. On any one night, you can shoot another player. You win with the town.

You are Darryl, the head of the warehouse. You have the final say on what goes on in the warehouse. As such, you’re the roleblocker. Each night you can select a player. If they have a night action, it will fail.

You are Kevin Malone, the dumb but funny accountant. You are vanilla; you can contribute to the game with your voice and your vote. You win with the town.

You are Phyllis Lapin, the friendly saleswoman. You are vanilla; you can contribute to the game with your voice and your vote. You win with the town.

You are Michael Scott, the incompetent Regional Manager of Dunder Mifflin Scranton. You spend the majority of your day paying attention to what others are doing instead of what you’re doing. As such, you are the tracker. Each night you can target someone and learn who they visited (if anyone). You win with the town.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My role is also the same as the other vanillas, I have been claiming that since DP1 when we had the initial talk about whether characters had a link with their role PM. 

Airmax's role is a little "on the nose" don't you think? Michael literally hates toby, and airmax is a hated townie. The only other role we've seen so far that the link made sense was a mafia aligned role.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Greyparrot also claimed his role had a link in DP1, but so did drafter if I remember correctly, so I think a little self interpretation could have been done. Regardless, it seems Warren worried more about balancing the game the way he wanted to then trying make sense of every characters roles (I design my games very similar).
A-R-O-S-E
Debates: 0
A-R-O-S-E
VTL Lunatic

Until further notice
This first thing he decideds to pop off with is how Wly was NKd to make him seem guilty

Lunatic
Lunatic
post 211 DP1 drafter said he had no justification, mis-remembered.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
VTL Lunatic

Until further notice
This first thing he decideds to pop off with is how Wly was NKd to make him seem guilty

Yeah cause as mafia, I'm gonna choose a kill to make look myself scummy, then go directly tell the town about it defeating the purpose lol.

*eye roll*
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
You'd choose a player that looks like a scummy kill because of reverse psychology. Your strategy here isn't complex enough and I see right through it.

I didn't think Luna was scum all of a sudden last game because of his giving upish post that sounded hella towny but he could have just counted the votes obviously.

Before that, I wanted to oof him because he got up drafter too quickly and late claimed.

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
You'd choose a player that looks like a scummy kill because of reverse psychology. Your strategy here isn't complex enough and I see right through it.

Then me calling out that strategy makes it reverse reverse psychology. Regardless the strategy makes 0 sense as scum. Straight up night killing everyone who suspects me doesnt make me look good in any light. Which is why it makes more sense that someone is setting me up for a ML.

A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
We can afford 2 mislynches, if there was a 25% chance of you as scum I'd lynch you.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
If you want to vote me, at least make a proper case... Using WIFOM to say that I am WIFOMing isn't going to get us anywhere...
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Am I your only read? Who else is scum and why?
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
Air then speed prob
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
VTL LUNATIC
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Lets test airmax's hated claim bro

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Greyparrot
Lets put max at L-1
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Lunatic
If you didn't want to get lynched, you shouldn't have convinced the noobies that double bus PLUS making a case for 2 scum lynches means you are scum.

And fuck the rest of the town that bought that garbage justification for lynching Drafter.
Lunatic
Lunatic
If you didn't want to get lynched, you shouldn't have convinced the noobies that double bus PLUS making a case for 2 scum lynches means you are scum.

I spent a good deal of time showing that drafter only bussed because he HAD to because supa scum slipped. He even cast doubt on the supa lynch...

And fuck the rest of the town that bought that garbage justification for lynching Drafter.
To be fair, AROSE didn't put a whole lot into his vote, and airmax claimed he voted him even knowing he would flip town. This is a very lazy player base.
Lunatic
Lunatic
Put max at L-1 guys. Look at the rest of the claims... His doesn't fit in. It's too "on the nose".
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
Can you slap together another full read list? Maybe a tier based one like mine?
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@oromagi
We should put together a list of role verified town to eliminate them as lynchable, but I have little time for the next, probably, 18 hours.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Post 6 contains my current reads. I can delve into them further if you'd like. They are never going to be consistent in constantly changing them.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
Why it isn't airmax is because he was an early claim and mafia is all warehouse workers. Assuming you are maf, you were a late claim so you you wouldn't get CCd and could therefore lie about your char. Knowing mafia is all warehouse you did this as a work around. The same as last round I am going to read through but stop reasoning at this point so I can't be swayed.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
Yeah, re read and then realized that was your read list.
A-R-O-S-E
A-R-O-S-E
-->
@Lunatic
Yeah, re read and then realized that was your read list.
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@A-R-O-S-E
Max is confirmed because he has an early claim? Informed minority... Mafia has a better handle on what the theme dinstinction is then town, thus are more likely able to garner an early claim. My profile picture has been set to Andy from the before dp1 was posted. Use the waybackmachine if you don't believe me.