I am pretty sure my theory on how genius's are made is correct

Author: crossed

Total: 71
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
-->
@crossed
Okay, and I'm asking you, what specifically makes him a "genius?" I don't deny that he has savantism; he's been officially diagnosed as such. But savantism isn't genius. You are saying this man is a genius. What quality makes him a genius?
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
-->
@drafterman

the guy was a kid with D and F and was your typical dumbass in class.He gets mugged.He wakes up with sever brain damage.But is smarter then Einstein in terms of math

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
Name me one specific thing that he has done that makes him smarter than Einstein? Don't link me to a 13 minute video. You tell me. In your own words.

Just one thing. One mathematical thing he has done that makes him smarter than Einstein.

Alternatively, you can tell me the specific timestamp in the video where they address this.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
In 2002, Jason Padgett was the victim of a vicious beating outside a karaoke bar in Tacoma, Washington. Upon regaining consciousness, Padgett’s sight was forever altered by a condition called acquired savant syndrome

He is good at math.He is your typical wrights a couple thousand numbers on the wall.Solve an equation.Ask him what 25954496955966095609 time 459654646 and he could give you the answer in a couple seconds.What is so hard to understand

crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
Think of those child genius on Something like Ellen.

ask him something like

4895489233568374630453568496746 times 485445686458648675 in  seconds they will give you the answer that kind of thing.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
He is good at math.He is your typical wrights a couple thousand numbers on the wall.Solve an equation.Ask him what 25954496955966095609 time 459654646 and he could give you the answer in a couple seconds.What is so hard to understand

Does he do this in the video?
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
no.I am using it in very basic terms.

Okay right, I am just making sure you understand that the energy the brain runs off of comes directly from the digestive system and nowhere else. That is the only source of energy the body has. You understand this right?
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
ITS an interview like thing.It talks about how he is really good at math.It shows interview with his old teacher who said he was trying to explain stuff and could not because he did not have the words.It has an interview with the Scientist guy who is studying people with his kind of condition and clips of him explaining this stuff
crossed
crossed
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Okay right, I am just making sure you understand that the energy the brain runs off of comes directly from the digestive system and nowhere else. That is the only source of energy the body has. You understand this right?

The brain is a ten trillion times more advance then a computer.it is god engineering genius. By sheer chance there is most likely something we do not know about it.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
Link me to the timestamp in the clip.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
The brain is a ten trillion times more advance then a computer.it is god engineering genius. By sheer chance there is most likely something we do not know about it.

That doesn't answer my question. Again the question was:

The energy the brain runs off of comes directly from the digestive system and nowhere else. That is the only source of energy the body has. You understand this right?

Please answer this question.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman

here him describing it

here his him going back to school and his teacher talking about how genius he is

here him getting brain scans by scientist so they could find out why he is a genius now

crossed
crossed
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
yes it does.

I do not think what your saying is true.It is closed minded to think that.I believe there is more than that
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
He's describing seeing and drawing shapes, not multiplying large numbers instantly.

here his him going back to school and his teacher talking about how genius he is
More about him drawing shapes and meeting his wife.

here him getting brain scans by scientist so they could find out why he is a genius now

Okay, that's him getting brain scans.
You said he can multiply large numbers together very quickly. Does that actually happen at all in the video?

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
I do not think what your saying is true.It is closed minded to think that.I believe there is more than that

Where does the body get energy to function besides food? If you have a method of keeping people alive without feeding them I would love to hear it.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman

More about him drawing shapes and meeting his wife.

His teacher talking about how he does not know about the terminology in math.So he could not explain it

He's describing seeing and drawing shapes, not multiplying large numbers instantly.

he understands that all the shapes are all pi

crossed
crossed
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I am talking about built in power

My car has 200 horse power.Your talking about gas.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
Focus man. We are talking about one thing right now:

You said he can multiply large numbers together very quickly. Where does he do this exact thing.

I am not talking about him not knowing the terminology in math.
I am not talking about him understanding that all shapes are all pi (which is false, btw)

I am talking about your claim that he can multiply large numbers very quickly.

Where does he do this exact thing?
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
His teacher drew an equation first day at school after incident he understood it instantly.His teacher talks about how he was drawing all these complex math problems that have to do with shapes and very not understandable things and know one understood him.He is good at math.I was trying to give you a ruff idea.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@crossed
I said:

The digestive system is the only source of energy the body has. (post 37)

You said:

I disagree, that is closed-minded. (post 43)

So my question to you again is... Since you disagree that food is the only source of energy please reveal to me what other sources exist. Disagreeing just for the sake of disagreeing is counter-productive to your cause. You should only say you disagree if you actually think I am wrong.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
His teacher drew an equation first day at school after incident he understood it instantly.His teacher talks about how he was drawing all these complex math problems that have to do with shapes and very not understandable things and know one understood him.He is good at math.I was trying to give you a ruff idea.
Does he or does he not multiply large numbers very quickly? Yes or no.
crossed
crossed
the guy would talk a bunch of numbers and people would not understand him.His teacher understand after she asked a question and he instantly knew it.He could.He is a genius i used the child kids on Ellen as an example.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
The video is him talking about math and a bunch of people talking about how he was beaten to death and woke up a genius.I mispoke.It was a month since i watch the video at the time of the comment.His  first day back to school after being  beaten to death. he understood his teachers  math problem instantly.He probably can though.He saw math in everything
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
Okay so that's a no, then. You're just making stuff up. Got it.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
i was trying to make you understand.You may kill me on technicality.But my theory stands.It blossoms. The guy is a genius and is a genius at math.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
This is so stupid.There are tons of cases of this example.

here is a top ten list of people who became genius from brain damage.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@crossed
Nothing you've said is genius level. I don't even think you know what the word means. He sees shapes and appears to have a better understanding of mathematical concepts then he used to have.

You are placing him on the level of Einstein and Stephen Hawking.

What makes them geniuses is that they actually advanced the boundaries of human knowledge. They saw things other people didn't then proved those things to be true.

Has this guy done anything on that level? All you've shown me is a guy that sees shapes and can draw geometric figures.

Link me to a single research paper that he's published.
crossed
crossed
-->
@drafterman
yes i did

watch number 9 on this list.same guy condensed in 2 minutes how you like it

13 days later

ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
-->
@drafterman
@Discipulus_Didicit
@crossed
Does he or does he not multiply large numbers very quickly? Yes or no.
1} Einstein was not that good with math, ergo he got Riemann to help him with the complex trigonometric math.

2} Einsteins wife was probably better at math than him.

....."My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein
....."Dare to be navie"  Bucky Fuller
......"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman

3} There now exist evidence that magic mushrooms can grow new brain cells in adults.

....Terrenance McKenna believe that apes eating magic mushrooms is how apes with more access to metaphysica-1, mind/intellect/concepts came to occur.

Networking of brain is more significant than electrical power. 

Leonard Da-Vinci had excellent visual-t-brain ability and to  step outside the box of conventional thinking.

Archimedes  was pain-stakingly persistent in his geometry and principles studies.

Idiot savants are great with memory or this or that, but many cannot function in normal socicety ex cant drive a vehicle.

drafterman
drafterman
-->
@ebuc
1} Einstein was not that good with math, ergo he got Riemann to help him with the complex trigonometric math.

2} Einsteins wife was probably better at math than him.

....."My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein
....."Dare to be navie"  Bucky Fuller
......"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Einstein excelled in math.

3} There now exist evidence that magic mushrooms can grow new brain cells in adults.

....Terrenance McKenna believe that apes eating magic mushrooms is how apes with more access to metaphysica-1, mind/intellect/concepts came to occur.
This is gibberish.