things look bad for trumpsters

Author: PaulVerliane

Total: 112
PaulVerliane
Debates: 26
PaulVerliane
Between the elections in Kentucky and Virginia and the Impeachment spectacular about to get under way Trump is f(*&kt
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@PaulVerliane
Between the elections in Kentucky and Virginia and the Impeachment spectacular about to get under way Trump is f(*&kt
Unfortunately, I'm not sure that I agree. The kentucky election went Dem because they hated the republican candidate. That isn't likely to affect Trump who, for some reason, is still reasonably popular. I'm hoping it will mean bad things for Mitch McConnell though since he is from kentucky and is also very unpopular. 

The polling in main swing states is still pretty close. Trump will almost certainly lose the popular vote, but because of the way the electoral college works, if he wins the swing states he could still win the election. 

ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
Things have always been just about to crash for Trump according to Democrats.

Remember the election? I've got this great compilation of all the fake news networks predicting a landslide for hillery on the night of the election.

Then it was the access hollywood tapes, then the meuller report, then Putin, then his lawyer, then North Korea, then the whistle blower, and now, impeachment.

Trump has the longest fuse on a stick of dynamite I've ever seen.

PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@HistoryBuff
is he  the kuntucky gov was considered an obnoxius trump clone that just kept insulting everyone, sound familiar, the suburbs are ful of edcated peopel and they are sick of trumps mussolini clown impresion
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@ethang5
i've been folowing this, and i think this time its real eve na broek n clock is right twice a day, hes in trouble this time, big trouble and  this is my prediction the nation is about to take a huge swing to the left, it will be so radical it will come cllose to a revolution and it may not be epaceful, so hold onto to your sticks and bonds things are about to get interesting
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@PaulVerliane
the Kentucky gov had the brashness of trump without his charm. He attacked teachers and basically broke all his promises. He was the most hated governor in america. The fact that he lost is good. But if the republicans ran someone less hated, they almost certainly would have won. Trump is still liked in Kentucky. I don't think there is much of a chance of Trump losing there. But there is a small chance that Mitch McConnell could. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->@PaulVerliane

i've been folowing this, and i think this time its real....

My point exactly. People with TDS think every time is "real".

eve na broek n clock is right twice a day, hes in trouble this time, big trouble and  this is my prediction the nation is about to take a huge swing to the left,...
Really? Are you American?
ethang5
ethang5
-->@HistoryBuff

...if the republicans ran someone less hated, they almost certainly would have won. 
True. Even with all his faults, the race came down to too close to call till well after the voting period.
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@ethang5
he was a pig like trump  and that rotten apple will spoil your barrel for years because you lacked the guts to confront him you were gutless and opportunistic
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
Virginia was always going to go blue. There are far too many % of the population working for the government to stop it from going Blue.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
I'm pretty sure Trump is going to skip out on California again and lose 70% to 30% in the popular vote again. He won't waste a single rally day in California. Maybe for a State seat but most certainly not for the Presidential election. He is going to give Cali the finger again while Cali votes 4 million more votes than needed for Warren to win California.
ethang5
ethang5
-->@PaulVerliane

...he was a pig like trump... 

And the election came to a less than 5,000 vote difference?

The democratic champion can hardly best a republican pig? You should be worried.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
The democratic champion can hardly best a republican pig? You should be worried.
Well keep in mind that kentucky is the deepest of red states. No one honestly thought that any democrat had a chance there. The fact that a terrible republican lost is quite surprising. I don't think this means trump is likely to lose there though. 
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@HistoryBuff
look when democrats start to win in the south, its significant, this isnt 50 years ago it isnt een 25 years ago the south was solid democrat and is today solid republicans
 due to changes that occured in both parties the republican party moving to the right , and the democratic party as always trying to please as many voters as possible, but this was big, this hurts both trump and the republicans, trump is a stick that is going to stay with the republican apolstry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QioLlsL9pmI
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
trump is a bad smell that will stay with the republicans
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@PaulVerliane
look when democrats start to win in the south, its significant, this isnt 50 years ago it isnt een 25 years ago the south was solid democrat and is today solid republicans
Trump won kentucky by 30 points. Let's not get overly excited that the most hated governor in america lost. 

but this was big, this hurts both trump and the republicans
I agree it looks bad. But kentucky isn't that big of a story. It is more about  the local candidate being awful than it is with the state becoming more democrat. It is still a solidly red state.

The more important story is virginia moving from a purple state to a blue one. That is going to hurt the republicans more. 
PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@HistoryBuff
this dude was a trump clone that says something
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@PaulVerliane
this dude was a trump clone that says something
He was similar, i will grant you that. But he doesn't have the same con man charm. Trump is at least smart enough to primarily go after minorities. The Kentucky governor publicly attacked teachers who were trying to protect their pensions. You look really shitty when you go after the cornerstones of a community like that. He became the most hated Governor in the country. Trump still has a high approval rating in Kentucky. 

This shows that trying to be like trump does not mean electoral success. That is a good thing. It might help to discourage other clones from trying to get elected. But unfortunately, it doesn't seem like it will have much of an effect on trump. 
ethang5
ethang5
What no Democrat mentions about KY is that there were 6 people elected that night, and in 5 of them, Republicans won.

In 2020, Democrats will be yelling in the streets just as they did after the 2016 election. They are falling for the illusion of their echo chamber all over again.

Nooooooooooooooo!!
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
What no Democrat mentions about KY is that there were 6 people elected that night, and in 5 of them, Republicans won.
I don't think I specifically mention that the rest of the winners were republicans. But I was pretty clear that the governor lost because he was super unlikable. 

In 2020, Democrats will be yelling in the streets just as they after the 2016 election. They are falling for the illusion of their echo chamber all over again.
I don't think many people think Kentucky is likely to vote democrat in 2020. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff

Paul does. He full in the fog of TDS.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Paul does. He full in the fog of TDS.
I can't speak for Paul. But as i understood his point it was that losing to a dem in an extremely solidly red state is a bad sign. And it certainly could be. I'm just a bit more skeptical that it will affect trump. 

But it certainly could affect McConnell. He is also really disliked. And losing a senate seat in solid red Kentucky would be a really bad thing for the republicans. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
McConnel is a garbage Rino.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
McConnel is a garbage Rino.
Agreed. He is trash. All he cares about is power. I hope he loses. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
There has been a revolution going on in the GOP, and for the better.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
There has been a revolution going on in the GOP, and for the better.
I'm not sure I agree with that. You went from rich guys doing favors for their donors who want to increase military spending, cut social spending, obstructing any kind of positive change, and promise to fix stuff they will never fix, to trump. Who is a rich guy who does favors for his donors, wants to increase military spending, cut social spending, obstructs any kind of positive change and promises to fix things he will never fix (such as healthcare). 

All that has really changed is that it has gotten more openly racist and abusive. The underlying policy hasn't changed at all. 

Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@HistoryBuff
You missed the shift after McCain and Paul Ryan died.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
You missed the shift after McCain and Paul Ryan died.
What shift? I know that some of the messaging has changed. But what policy positions have changed? Trump might, and i emphasize might, want to get out of foreign wars. But he is also picking fights with Iran so who knows.

Other than that all of his policy positions would fit right in with other sellout republicans. Largely, because he doesn't have policy positions of his own, he takes alot of them from the sellout republicans he works with. 

PaulVerliane
PaulVerliane
-->
@HistoryBuff
and and they want war in venezuela too stil that big hard on for the commies enemies of profit
ethang5
ethang5
Trump is solidly non-interventionist.

Its the dems who want to force their will on other countries that  won't follow their liberal progressive views.