how bad can you fuck up your phone

Author: 855h01E

Total: 32
855h01E
Debates: 0
855h01E
I slammed my phone on the ground because I raged when I was the first one to die in Fortnite. What is your biggest rage ever?
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@855h01E
I dropped my weight on my school chrome-dawg and fucked up my screen cause the screen can't move
Vader
Vader
-->
@855h01E
Stop with the Fortnite
855h01E
855h01E
-->
@Vader
[Profanity] off. Fortnite is a superior game, whoever says it's not is a [profanity]. you are pretty [profanity] for smashing your school Chromebook for no reason.

This post has been censored, and the user has been banned for other actions.
-Ragnar, deputy moderator
Vader
Vader
-->
@855h01E
Boi you literally saw it while I was deadlifting 
Vader
Vader
-->
@855h01E
Carried by EN Cryp1c in Fortnite
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Ive never had a phone break in my life
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
my school chrome-dawg
Is this a common thing these days? When I was in high school (just graduated six years ago so not that long a time) issuing public school students electronic devices to aid in education was sort of a fringe idea that was just being prototyped by a few districts across the country. Whether this was a good idea was even a very common topic of debate on DDO. I hear students referencing their 'school laptop' more and more often as time goes on though, has the idea caught on more or is it still just a thing a few schools do and I just happen to be hearing from those that have it?

I don't really talk with any highschoolers except via the internet so for all I know my school could have adopted the idea entirely the year after I graduated and I would have no idea lol.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yes it is common just in our school to say Chrom Dawg
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
I mean school-issued electronics in general. IDC about your slang terms lol.
Vader
Vader
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Oh. Yea they still get them. They suck, so I have the main PC
disgusted
disgusted
how bad can you fuck up your phone

Cut the cable?

Vader
Vader
-->
@disgusted
Smart phones

RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Yes. Writing with a pen on paper in school at all will become a thing of the past for the 'developed world' by year 2032.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
@Speedrace
This topic censored. Please do not put profanity into thread names.

What the fuck is this shit?
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Wasn't me

Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Speedrace
You were tagged because you are the forum mod. Ragnar didn't consult you about this?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
No, didn't even know it happened until you tagged me

Barney
Debates: 49
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
This topic censored. Please do not put profanity into thread names.
What the fuck is this shit?
The what is self evident. I even put all changes inside brackets, to avoid any potential confusion.

I suspect you would like to know the why? Even after Hole was banned, there continued to be reports generated about his posts. While I am generally not concerned with a potty mouth, he was evidently distressing users. For an extreme case like him (a user banned indefinitely for doxxing, and otherwise likely would have been temp banned for the steady stream of insults), I decided to end the problem which users were bringing to my attention. So I lightly censored a few of his recent posts, in a way that maintained continuity with all replies.

If you are worried about this happening to you, simply don't behave like Hole did (doxxing, unintelligent insults, spamming out escalating profanity into forum topic names, etc.).
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
If you are worried about this happening to you, simply don't behave like Hole did (doxxing, unintelligent insults, spamming out escalating profanity into forum topic names, etc.).

This thread title/OP had none of those things except very light profanity (less than there was in the post which I summoned you here with). Where is anything remotely like this thread title/OP considered a problem in the CoC and why did you feel the need to go over Speed's head regarding this?
Barney
Barney
This thread title/OP had none of those things except very light profanity (less than there was in the post which I summoned you here with).
And note that it is unchanged. As stated, I generally don't care. Hole was generating reports even after being banned.

Where is anything remotely like this thread title/OP considered a problem in the CoC
Excessive trolling, spam, fighting words, given his related comments possibly adult content... Skipping ahead to the next likely question, yes, the CoC does allow actions such as this so long as they are "respectful of a user's privacy, safety, and legal rights."

and why did you feel the need to go over Speed's head regarding this?
To remove a small burden from his load.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
This thread title/OP had none of those things except very light profanity (less than there was in the post which I summoned you here with).
And note that it is unchanged.

It's not unchanged though.

It was: how bad can you fuck up your phone

It is now: how bad can you [profanity] up your phone

That is pretty obviously a change. According to the note in the OP you are the one that changed it, that is why I tagged you.

Excessive trolling, spam, fighting words, given his related comments possibly adult content...

And I say again that the thread title and OP are none of those things. Not even remotely. If I am starting to sound like a broken record then perhaps it is because something is broken.
Barney
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
And note that it is unchanged.
It's not unchanged though.
Contextually, I was referring to your post which you view as more extreme.

Excessive trolling, spam, fighting words, given his related comments possibly adult content...
And I say again that the thread title and OP are none of those things. Not even remotely. If I am starting to sound like a broken record then perhaps it is because something is broken.
Your opinion is noted. That you vehemently insist his actions in no way resembled any of those offenses, does not leave much room for us to discuss anything.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
@Speedrace
Your opinion is noted. That you vehemently insist his actions in no way resembled any of those offenses, does not leave much room for us to discuss anything.

I am certainly not being vehement nor am I drawing any conclusions whatsoever about any of his actions beyond this thread title and post one of this thread. I have not referenced anything other than those two "actions". You can do whatever you want with his posts that violate or potentially violate the CoC, such as post 4 of this thread. I have made it abundantly clear multiple times that I am not talking about those posts.

You provided a list of CoC violations (specifically your quote "Excessive trolling, spam, fighting words, given his related comments possibly adult content") which are punishable under the CoC. Would you please care to tell us which of these applies to the title/OP of this thread rather than strawmanning my clearly defined position by bringing up posts that do violate the CoC and I clearly am not talking about?

@virt and speed

I know you two didn't do this but due to your positions I need you to carefully read this conversation from post 16 on down and take action accordingly.
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
Already talked to him, don't believe it'll happen again

Barney
Barney
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
I am certainly not being vehement
Just what do you think that word means?
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Speedrace
Thanks for the timely response. Will the CoC-compliant redactions be restored? I am more concerned about this not happening again than with this particular instance and I believe you that you will do what you can in that regard, just asking out of curiosity really.
Discipulus_Didicit
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Barney
Just what do you think that word means?

Isn't that when you take a French girl and a Latino girl and tie their bras together then [censored for actual-real-life-not-pretend CoC violation]?
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Discipulus_Didicit
If Ragnar remembers what they were, I’ll ask him to do that

No problem!