Grand ShitPiss Society Meeting 1: Worst US Politician Selections

Author: Imabench

Total: 33
Imabench
Debates: 6
Imabench
The first meeting of the Grand Politics ShitPiss Society Forum is called into order, I wish to thank the wealthy lords of the realm for attending, I know that your horse carriages must be quite worn from the distances you traveled through the countryside hills in order to get here. 

Our first order of business is more of a festive formality than anything of substantial importance. In order to symbolize our distaste for the peasant class of citizens who occupy our lands and consume resources while not contributing anything of their own to the greater good, it has been ordered that a grand Piñata is to be constructed of a US politician to make a mockery out of them, and that all other piñata's in the realm can only showcase the face of the person we select. The point of this is to remind the peasants in our lands of who really holds the power in this realm, and that those they look up to who promise them things they cannot deliver are to be mocked and derided rather than respected and considered. 

So, we must select a US politician we consider to be the bane of existence in modern politics, and make them the official punchline of the realm. Due to the somewhat sensitive nature of this kind of discourse, the person we select should be someone we ALL agree is terrible, rather then a majority vote that could lead to conflict and division among our ranks. 

I propose 3 candidates to be our shame mascot Piñata thingy

1 - Mitt Romney, since he is unfortunately still relevant as a Utah Senator, and I think everyone Republican or Democrat has at some point wanted to shit in his mouth
2 - AOC, since she literally holds no power or influence as a House Representative yet somehow is fueling the discourse between Dems and Reps alike almost entirely just by existing
3 - Mitch McConnell, since he is a diseased turtle with no regards to tradition or custom and sets an alarming precedent. 

If someone wishes to propose their own candidate for Shame Mascot Piñata you may do so, just try to make it someone who is relevant TODAY, as in they still are a player in US politics and not some has-been with no real influence anymore 

Imabench
Imabench
-->
@3RU7AL
@TheRealNihilist
@bmdrocks21
@Dr.Franklin
Be advised of the previous post 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
I NOMINATE MITCH MCCONNELL! What a shitpiss he is. 
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Gives the RC such a bad name for is utter nonsense and stupidity and corruption. He does not deserve to be the majority voice. He is the reason liberals hate us
HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Imabench
I'd have to say it's McConnell. He really doesn't care about anything but power. He has no discernible morals and seems to revel in stoking tensions between republicans and democrats by any means necessary, even if it is a total breach of precedent and tradition. Like deciding that Obama couldn't name a Supreme court judge in the last year of his term, but saying (while laughing) that if the same thing happened to trump that they would definitely confirm his choice. He is one of the main hurdles to any bi-partisan agreement in america. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Imabench
I am going with AOC.

Didn't know who Mitt Romney was until I searched his name up and realize it was him. Mitch just knows how to play the game. Instead of making him a Piñata we should learn adapt and kill that son of a gun.

AOC is a public nuisance so it is warranted to shame her as a Piñata.

If this ever comes back to haunt me, this is a joke as is this entire thing.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Imabench
Our first order of business is more of a festive formality than anything of substantial importance.
Just this once, right? ;)

I hate all of them. Since this isn't a simple majority vote, I shall nominate Bet(a) O'Rourke. 

His skateboarding skills are that of my crippled servant-boy. He wants to take away the guns that keep the rioting peasants at bay, while also facilitating a mass migration of peasants into our country. This simply cannot stand!

That, and his Spanish is certainly not above a third-grade level. 

Additionally, he is well-known in the Spanish community, so the piñata sales will be quite substantial.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@TheRealNihilist
They will be sure to crop out that last line :P
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I understand why right wing people dislike AOC. But at least she is fighting for what she believes in. She is working to make things better for her constituents in the way she thinks is best. 

Can anyone say that with a straight face about McConnell? He fights for power for himself and his party at the expense of everyone else. He doesn't serve the people, he only serves himself and his cronies. He is the personification of what is wrong with modern politics. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@bmdrocks21
They will be sure to crop out that last line :P
Well at least I said it.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
But at least she is fighting for what she believes in.
Anyone would say this not just AOC.
She is working to make things better for her constituents in the way she thinks is best. 
Anyone would also say this. Your opinion doesn't change that. Doesn't matter that the results were bad but that person would've wanted what was best for the people they represent. Unless we are talking about fringe cases.
Can anyone say that with a straight face about McConnell?
He is a Christian conservative who wants the best to happen in a way that he thinks would be the best. This would be serving God in whatever the Bible says the right way to do it is and conserve traditional values. No matter what you say you would need some kind of non-existence brain technology to make him out to be someone like the joker. Even then I would consider the joker to think he is doing well but is well going about it wrong so I am not really going to question want for good instead how they go about it.
He fights for power for himself and his party at the expense of everyone else.
His party represents half more or less of the US population. If he didn't he wouldn't be as powerful. 
He doesn't serve the people, he only serves himself and his cronies. He is the personification of what is wrong with modern politics. 
Even if he might be a crony (by your standard) Mitch can easily say I am doing this to make a better place.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
How can anyone except a pure ideologue think that forcing Amazon jobs out of your district is a good idea?
Imabench
Imabench
So we have: 

3 votes for McConnell and 1 who is half opposed (Dissenting vote did say he should be executed but voted for another candidate instead)
1 vote for AOC and 1 who I believe is opposed (There was an argument made in her defense) 
1 vote for Beto O'Rourke (We could hypothetically make lots of money off of this which I am a fan of) 
None for Mitt Romney since in the eyes of the council he is beyond irrelevant now (A fair argument to make) 

Ted Cruz is a candidate we could also evaluate since he does arguably have the most punchable face in Congress, and unless I missed something there havent been any other proposed ShitPiss Piñata Mascot of Shame (I will keep changing the name of it until I find one that is sufficiently hilarious) 

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
I nominate Mitt Romney and AOC

And that fucking land whale Jerry Nadler
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Anyone would also say this. Your opinion doesn't change that. Doesn't matter that the results were bad but that person would've wanted what was best for the people they represent. Unless we are talking about fringe cases.
I assume that anyone would say that about themselves. But do you seriously think that someone like Mitch McConnell is deeply concerned about the people of Kentucky, or is he just concerned about republicans and himself getting more power? 

No matter what you say you would need some kind of non-existence brain technology to make him out to be someone like the joker.
I'm not claiming that he is some evil mastermind out to poison Gotham's water supply. But he doesn't seem to really care about his constituents. He has been in politics a long time. He is in it for the money and the power. If that comes at the expense of his constituents I doubt it would trouble him. 

His party represents half more or less of the US population. If he didn't he wouldn't be as powerful. 
But does he use that power to just to gain and maintain his power, or does he use it in a way that he believes would help people. I think AOC tries to use her power and influence to help people. I think McConnell just wants the power and influence. 

Even if he might be a crony (by your standard) Mitch can easily say I am doing this to make a better place.
I'm sure he would say that. But he said, with a straight face, that Obama shouldn't have the right to appoint a judge in his last year, then laughed about it and said he would definitely let trump do that. He is a liar. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
How can anyone except a pure ideologue think that forcing Amazon jobs out of your district is a good idea?
Not all jobs are good for the community. Especially if you need to bend over backwards and do all sorts of favors for that company to get those jobs in the 1st place. That can be extremely damaging and expensive. 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
I would also support Romney. I might also toss in Pelosi. She isn't as bad as McConnell in my opinion. But she is a similar back room dealer sort of politician who is far more concerned with political power than actually doing good. She has now taken to spouting right wing talking points in an attempt to protect her power from the progressive wing of her own party. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
But don't you want people to have good-paying jobs? Is it better if they just live off the taxpayer rather than bolstering their resume and making a living? They were giving Amazon a tax credit. That means they were forgoing some future tax revenue, not offering them money.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
But do you seriously think that someone like Mitch McConnell is deeply concerned about the people of Kentucky, or is he just concerned about republicans and himself getting more power? 
If Kentucky is red then they would also care about their party also being in power. Those two are not different choices. It would be if Kentucky was blue. I am guessing it isn't.
But he doesn't seem to really care about his constituents. He has been in politics a long time. He is in it for the money and the power. If that comes at the expense of his constituents I doubt it would trouble him. 
So to support your claim about him not caring you are saying: He is a politician for a long time, made money and has power. None of this in anyway means he doesn't care about Kentucky. If he didn't he wouldn't try his best to appeal to them but he did and won the election in 2014. 

Then you finish this off with your feelings. 
But does he use that power to just to gain and maintain his power, or does he use it in a way that he believes would help people.
What are you even saying here? Mitch put powers over appealing to people who vote him in? That is absurd and if Mitch did follow that he wouldn't win elections.
I think AOC tries to use her power and influence to help people. I think McConnell just wants the power and influence. 
No deductive logic used so this is just your feelings. 
I'm sure he would say that. But he said, with a straight face, that Obama shouldn't have the right to appoint a judge in his last year, then laughed about it and said he would definitely let trump do that. He is a liar. 
Him changing his mind or having a double standard doesn't change he wants what is best for his party. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
But don't you want people to have good-paying jobs? Is it better if they just live off the taxpayer rather than bolstering their resume and making a living? They were giving Amazon a tax credit. That means they were forgoing some future tax revenue, not offering them money.
Amazon would be using public resources, roads, water, policing etc. This will have huge public costs. If they aren't paying taxes to offset those costs then that is a huge financial loss.

You are also missing the bigger picture. If every big company gets treated like this, and to some extent they do, then they all get away without paying taxes properly. Cities, states and the US government still need tax revenue to pay for things, so that tax burden now has to fall on someone else. It isn't going to be the rich, who have these politicians on speed dial. So when companies get away with this sort of stuff, it is increasing tax burdens on the middle and lower class. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
Getting tax revenue by giving people jobs mixed with not giving them welfare would be good for the state budget as well. 

I don't really care because I'm not all about this crony scheisse, though.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
Getting tax revenue by giving people jobs mixed with not giving them welfare would be good for the state budget as well. 
But the thing is that you shouldn't need to bribe companies like that. Companies should just pay their taxes. When states and cities compete like this to try to attract a company, they are essentially just giving up billions and billions of dollars of public money to a private company. It is the exact thing that republicans pretend like they are against. It is the government picking winners and loser in the economy. And they are doing it by helping billionaires put more billions in their pockets while the government is still struggling to pay for schools and roads. 

If all states and cities decided that they would stop with the special deals for companies, everyone (except for billionaires) would be better off. Companies are still going to expand and try to make more money. You don't need to bribe them to convince them to do what they are going to do anyway. 

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
I agree that you shouldn't have to bribe companies. But until that gets outlawed or something, you are only hurting your constituents by not bribing the companies. I do think this bribing shouldn't be allowed. But as long as one state can do it, they will, and your people will lose out on jobs. Unfortunately, that is how it works right now.

Yes, it would be better for almost everyone if it stopped. But again, not everyone will just 'decide' to not do that. It would have to be compelled. For instance, I don't particularly like welfare. But, if I qualify for a program, I would be an idiot to not take advantage of it. So, if they can bring a bunch of jobs to their town with incentives, they would also be stupid not to do so. Sticking your nose up at it doesn't really get you anywhere.
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
I see what you are doing in this thread, And I think it is hilarious, you mastertroll.
Imabench
Imabench
-->
@Greyparrot
The offer still stands where you can join and be a part of things if you want 
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@Imabench
Lol. I'll just watch and see how many fish you catch.

36 days later

Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
What happened to this?

Also, Mitch Mcconnel is great at his job, in the age of polarization, he wins

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Also, Mitch Mcconnel is great at his job, in the age of polarization, he wins
So in an age where polarization is one of the worst problems, he is the worst of them all. So he somehow wins? I mean he is making america a worse place. 
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@HistoryBuff
THERe would be no progress unless mcconell tactics worked
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Dr.Franklin
THERe would be no progress unless mcconell tactics worked
what does that even mean? There could be no progress without an asshole blocking everything?