Intelligent design

Author: crossed

Total: 85
crossed
Debates: 62
crossed
Recently i have been seeing people who believe that it is silly for an all powerful being created everything and believe it is like believing in Santa. Believe that an all powerful being created all life.

There has been a surge of god hating liberals believe that we were created by aliens.This is the same as believing in god

Elon musk believe that we live in a more advance sims.He believe we live in the Matrix.This is the same as believing in god.

People know deep down the reason why the human brain is ten trillion times more advance then the modern computer is because it is created by someone who is ten trillion times more intelligent then the one who created the computer.

People usually spout all these facts about science. Like how atoms DNA and laws of physics work.They do this thinking they are disproving god.But because these things are so much more advance then anything we have ever made.It is the most obvious proof that god exist.

It is pure denial.

SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
-->
@crossed
What is the evidence for intelligent design? I don't personally subscribe the the notion that we were created by aliens or that we live in a simulation, but even still, these would not necessarily demand a deity - only a pre-existing and/or a more advanced civilization of natural beings.

EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@SkepticalOne
What is the evidence for intelligent design?
It's called an interpretation, it's the perception of the individual that interprets "intelligent" processes/design. Evidence is only an indicator of what is most likely the case, what does the available body of facts and or information indicate? some interpret what we observe (processes) in the universe as creation or an intelligent Source. 
When you ask what is the evidence for intelligent design basically you're asking a persons interpretation.....basically processes don't occur without a mind or intelligence....energy acts like or produces intelligence or what we observe as processes, and processes as we directly observe them in our day to day are associated with sentience. Therefore to a Theist or Deist it's obvious there is a Creator, to an atheist they deem everything as purely natural, that something of no intelligence can produce something of intelligence. Both are an interpretation, one proposition probably superior to the other depending on whom you ask. 

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SkepticalOne
 I don't personally subscribe the the notion that we were created by aliens or that we live in a simulation, but even still, these would not necessarily demand a deity - only a pre-existing and/or a more advanced civilization of natural beings.
The more dynamics involved the more likely there is a Creator than not, even in the case of aliens and a simulation. That should be obvious. 

SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@EtrnlVw
Evidence would be something that strongly points to a single conclusion. Nothing you have mentioned rises to this level.

In other words, the appearance (or perception) of design is not design.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
The more dynamics involved the more likely there is a Creator than not, even in the case of aliens and a simulation. 

This means nothing to me. 
crossed
crossed
-->
@SkepticalOne
I have found a YouTube channel that describes a certain area  of evidence for creation better then i can.They do not tell exactly what i have been trying to say in that area but they are very close.But if they could explain what it think there would be no atheist

water

crossed
crossed
-->
@SkepticalOne
Evidence would be something that strongly points to a single conclusion. Nothing you have mentioned rises to this level.

no origin of life research is a joke

crossed
crossed

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@crossed
Dinosaurs.
disgusted
disgusted
Post #3.........the coward has me blocked.
Chlorophyll.
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@crossed
You're posting links rather than supporting your position. If you have reasonably reached your position, then you should understand the evidence well enough to explain it yourself. 
Paul
Paul
-->
@crossed
What is the purpose of intelligent design? What do we use it for? What does it prove?

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SkepticalOne
Evidence would be something that strongly points to a single conclusion.

That I explained already and very familiar with how evidence is defined and what it is for, if you need me to elaborate please ask, don't pretend I gave no answer why there's a good indication of "design", or better put creation. 

Nothing you have mentioned rises to this level.

Lol, read that again. If there is an indication of a proposition we have met the requirements of evidence. That's how this works but sure...you can shrug it off I didn't expect anything else from you. 

But, it's an interpretation. The indication that there is a Creator is strong, so yes the appearance of design could certainly mean exactly what it is. Unless you'd like to offer a counter argument for your own interpretation. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SkepticalOne
This means nothing to me. 

Maybe read it again? it actually has some significance if you just allow yourself to think twice. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
What is the purpose of intelligent design?

The only purpose is creation, coming from the standpoint of a Creator. To go from nothing to something. Or better put...go from a purely conscious reality to forms within creation. 

What do we use it for?

To live, experience life. 

What does it prove?

That there is a Source behind what we observe?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@SkepticalOne
Evidence-
"the available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
an outward sign : indication
something that furnishes proof : testimony
something that makes plain or clear; an indication or sign:
 A thing or set of things helpful in forming a conclusion or judgment: "

Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
So its purpose is to prove there is a god?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
Your question is nonsensical, the nicest way I can put it. Intelligent design is a proposition, a way to understand how our universe is put together as opposed to a counter view. It doesn't prove anything since it is a claim or theory. 
It's an interpretation. 
Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
You said, "The only purpose is creation, coming from the standpoint of a Creator." So my question is, is the creator god?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Paul
So my question is, is the creator god?

Who else would the Creator be? but again, the proposition of intelligent design is not a purpose, it's a theory or an interpretation. However the actual process of intelligent design is for you to have an experience. 
SkepticalOne
SkepticalOne
-->
@EtrnlVw
It is telling that instead of providing evidence, the strategy has been all about explaining what evidence is. I'm interested in more than definitions.

crossed
crossed
-->
@SkepticalOne
I believe in intelligent design because of what the body does.

When your dyeing of thirst your body turns urine into blood to keep you alive.

A substitute teacher i had always say this.I don't see why it would be wrong.I can not find this weird info in the internet.She did science stuff for a living and was an atheist i think.So you should fine her reliable.

Our body works like a factory

One gram of DNA can hold up to 200 terabyte worth of information. To store the same information in mans technology.It would take 233 3tb drive weighing 151 kilo's

crossed
crossed
-->
@SkepticalOne
If you can not understand why i believe this when i go into detail.I can not help with that beside try to explain it in easy way's

Example
  • you know how your phone goes into sleep mode after a while if you do not touch it
Reason
  • The reason why this happens is so your phone can save energy.
Who did it
  • IT was The one who made the phone that designed it to go into sleep mode so it can save energy

Example
  • your body removes poisons when you are fasting
Reason
  • The reason why this happens is because when your fasting your belly is empty and your body knows it would be a good time to remove toxins.Because the body is empty
Who did it
  • it was the one who created it.that designed the body to remove toxins because he knew it would be a good time because body is empty

Fasting Awakens the Mind and Soul. You can reverse your biological age by removing toxins from your life. During a fast, the body will be flushing out toxins through your urine and bowel movements, such as: built up chemicals, mucous, pesticides and pharmaceuticals to name a few.

Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
Yes but it's not a scientific theory, it's only theory in the sense of conjecture.

What does intelligent design tell us about the creator?

disgusted
disgusted
@ET
That I explained already and very familiar with how evidence is defined and what it is for, if you need me to elaborate please ask, don't pretend I gave no answer why there's a good indication of "design", or better put creation. 
Dinosaurs.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@crossed
You can reverse your biological age
No wonder your a godist, you can believe anything.

Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
So, I can only assume from the silence that intelligent design doesn't tell us anything about the creator or even anything about anything. I'm beginning to think it's pretty much useless unless you can give me a use for it, can you?
Paul
Paul
-->
@crossed
I believe in intelligent design because of what the body does.

When your dyeing of thirst your body turns urine into blood to keep you alive.

A substitute teacher i had always say this.I don't see why it would be wrong.I can not find this weird info in the internet.She did science stuff for a living and was an atheist i think.So you should fine her reliable.

Our body works like a factory

One gram of DNA can hold up to 200 terabyte worth of information. To store the same information in mans technology.It would take 233 3tb drive weighing 151 kilo's

Is that intelligent design's use?

Something that helps you believe in god?
Paul
Paul
-->
@EtrnlVw
Who else would the Creator be?

In other words you have never thought about any other possibilities except for god because you can’t think of any? Have you even tried?