My Youtube channel

Author: Alec

Total: 93
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
Hello DARTers,

With the permission of Virtuoso, I am advertising my YouTube channel.  Be sure to like, share, comment, and subscribe to the channel.  I advertised DART on the channel in my video for today.  It´s coming up.

TheDredPriateRoberts
Debates: 0
TheDredPriateRoberts
-->
@Alec
and it would be called........or a link would be handy
Alec
Alec
-->
@TheDredPriateRoberts
Libertarian News:

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
dope
dustryder
Debates: 5
dustryder
-->
@Alec
Uhh... this is just my opinion but rapidly reading off a script in a monotone voice while staring off to the side of the cameras probably isn't the most effective technique for engaging your viewers 
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
*tsk* *tsk* *tsk* still supporting open borders.
Alec
Alec
-->
@dustryder
I need to work on my monotone.  I don´t know how to get rid of it.  Ben Shapiro pulls off a monotone well.  I think a monotone is just my style, but if it´s inferior to a multitone, I could try and work on it my next video.

I´m worried that if I use a multitone at the start of a video, that I´ll lose energy for the rest of the video.  I wouldn't sprint the first 100 m of a marathon for example.  I wouldn't want to use all of my energy within the first minute of the video, but I might have to take that risk.
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
Open borders would double the world´s GDP.  I used to be against it, but a lot can change in 4 months.
3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Open borders would double the world´s GDP.  I used to be against it, but a lot can change in 4 months.
You can't have a "FREE-MARKET" without free-movement of CAPITAL and LABOR.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Great content.

Please use this, https://obsproject.com/

It's free, and it's amazing.

Talking into your laptop camera while having the option to show reference material (or so you can read something while looking into a camera) on your computer screen is much more compelling than a medium-shot of you in a basically empty room talking to an empty chair.

Your other option for this type of exposition would be to have someone pretend to interview you, and or pretend to be speaking to a classroom.

Once again, great content.  I even like your delivery.  Just please, talk into a laptop camera that frames your head.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
I don't know if you enjoy reading political/economic books, but I am currently reading "We Wanted Workers". I would suggest it if you were interested. It goes into the details about why that isn't necessarily true. One main reason is that moving costs for those workers are incredibly high.
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
I don't know if you enjoy reading political/economic books, but I am currently reading "We Wanted Workers".
I can check it out.  My reading SAT score isin´t the best, so hopefully I can comprehend everything.

One main reason is that moving costs for those workers are incredibly high.
If that´s a main reason, the workers can move themselves.  Immigration would not be mandatory for people, but optional.  The US has a practical ban on immigration.  160 million people want to come to the US, but only about 1% are getting in under Trump and only about 3% got in under Obama per year.  It would be very good for the aviation industry since they can transport so many more people if national borders were like EU borders.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Talking into your laptop camera while having the option to show reference material (or so you can read something while looking into a camera) on your computer screen is much more compelling than a medium-shot of you in a basically empty room talking to an empty chair.
For example, [LINK]
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
It is only one of the reasons. Another is that it depresses the wages of native workers, destroys our culture, they cost us tons in welfare. I can get a full list of the reasons, but it will take a while.

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
It is only one of the reasons. Another is that it depresses the wages of native workers, destroys our culture, they cost us tons in welfare. I can get a full list of the reasons, but it will take a while.
The same can be said for off-shoring.  The same can be said for automation.  The same can be said for AI.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
I don't particularly like offshoring either. The companies make more profits, but that never decreases prices. It takes jobs away from our country/causes downward pressure on wages here.

Automation can be good as long as you have some plan for those people losing their jobs to get specialized in some other field where there are jobs.

Don't know too much about AI.

I'm a bit of an economic nationalist.
Alec
Alec
-->
@3RU7AL
Thank you for your suggestions to improve my channel.

I have a chromebook, so I don´t know if https://obsproject.com/ works on there.

I could try filming myself on a laptop next time.

Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
 it depresses the wages of native workers
It helps the American worker by giving them access to more union members, because some of the immigrants would join a union.  More union members means more salary for the native born worker since unions would have more negotiating power.

destroys our culture
When the US had practically open borders with the whole world in the 20th century, since immigrants came from all over Europe, the ethnicities interbred with each other to form an anglophone American generation.  Granted, they weren't of British descent, but American nonetheless.  Same principle applies to the immigrants who interbreed with other immigrants and native born citizens.  The offspring will feel more American than any other nationality.

they cost us tons in welfare
If we ban welfare, any immigrant who is here for welfare would leave.  If low income people get a better paying job that only requires a HS degree, then there would be no need for welfare, since the low wage workers found a better job.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
You know that unions are actually very anti-immigration. The immigrants are willing to take less money, so companies replace native workers with the low-wage immigrant workers.

But we came from Europe. Americans have Western ideals. So, European immigrants have a culture that is more complementary to ours. I don't see any British-Americans saying "Make America Britain Again". I can't say the same about Mexican immigrants.

You're assuming that the poor people who come here can't/won't vote for welfare programs. How do you propose we ban welfare, considering over half of current immigrants are on some form of welfare? https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/09/01/immigrant-welfare-use-report/71517072/
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
Here are some suggestions for chromebook,

3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
And she said many benefits counted in the study are going to U.S.-born children of immigrants, skewing the findings even more.
In other words, many of those children of immigrants are CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES.

and,

The center's report is based on 2012 data from the Census Bureau's Survey of Income and Program Participation. It includes immigrants who have become naturalized citizens, legal permanent residents, those on short-term visas and undocumented immigrants.
This 51% number includes LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

and,

Immigrants are more likely to be working than their native-born neighbors. The report found that 87% of immigrant households had at least one worker, compared to 76% for native households.
So non-immigrant US CITIZENS are 11% more likely to have zero workers contributing to their households?

and,

A new poll released by by the National Hispanic Media Coalition and Latino Decisions finds over 30 percent of non-Hispanics believe a majority (over half) of Hispanics are undocumented.  However, the actual figure of undocumented Hispanics in the U.S. is around 18 percent, and only 37 percent of U.S. Hispanics are actually immigrants, according to the Pew Hispanic Center.  (Pew Hispanic was not involved in the poll). [LINK]

so, (IFF) 37% of Hispanics are immigrants and only 18% are ILLEGALS (THEN) only 48.64864864864865% of Hispanic immigrants are ILLEGALS.

Which makes 82% of them LEGAL RESIDENTS.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
Yes, but had we not let in those immigrants who inevitably will have children, we wouldn't have to give welfare out at such high rates to their families.

Yes, that 51% includes all types of immigrants.

We are much less likely to be on welfare even including the fact that we are less likely to work. That means immigrants are taking low-paying jobs. Accepting those immigrants, who are willing to take less money and have worse work conditions causes something to happen: the sectors they work in begin paying less and having worse work conditions, which disincentivizes natives from working in those sectors. It is a rather vicious cycle.

I don't know why you are distinguishing between illegal and legal immigrants. My point is that when we allow people to come into our country, whether it be legally or illegally, they are disproportionately taking resources from natives who have undoubtedly paid into these systems more. We should focus on helping the people we do have before we accept more people that also need help. We need to make sure that when we do let people into our country legally that they won't be public charges. We need to be more swift in our enforcement against illegal immigrants and hastily send them back to their country of origin, so they can wait like everyone else. It is unfair to those who respect our laws if we don't do that.

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Alec
Fam that's a crazy studio lmao
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@Alec
A few things to comment going forward

1) Definetly a better camera would be nice for the pt3 open borders
2) Eye contact into camera at some points would be nice...

Otherwise it's great quality 
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
You know that unions are actually very anti-immigration.
They behave like democrats.  Many people are willing to do inconsistent things in order to satisfy their parties.  2 examples(one from the left, one from the right). 

Black Lives matter believes the government is racist/tyrannical.  Do they support the 2nd amendment to defend against the government they believe is tyrannical?  Some blacks do.  But a majority of BLM is left leaning on guns.  Because they are Democrats first, even though they claim to support black lives first.  If their claim was accurate, they would support the 2nd amendment, needed to protect black lives.  This is why I find it hilarious that people like AOC would post BLM and March for our lives.  It is inconsistent to support both a group that wants to ban some guns and believes the government will never go tyrannical and a group that believes that the government is tyrannical right now to African Americans.

Some people believe that America should be a Christian country.  They are pro life and anti-homosexuality on this basis.  Do they support open borders, even though it´s the christian thing to do?  Some religious people do.  But a majority of them are right leaning on immigration.  Because they are Republicans first, even though they claim they are Christian first.  This is why I find it hilarious that people like Mike Pence would support God and be against open borders.  It is inconsistent to support both the bible on immigration and the current Republican party on this issue.

The immigrants are willing to take less money, so companies replace native workers with the low-wage immigrant workers.
Companies need the labor force, so they take everyone that is qualified to work whether legal or illegal.  This is how they make the most amount of money.  If your the owner of a construction company and there are 2 people applying for a job and they are both physically qualified, one of them is legal and the other is not, assuming there is no government intervention, the employer hires both of them if allowed.  Instead, the government prohibits illegal immigrants from working and then accuses them of being on welfare.  Let them work alongside native born workers and they will get off of welfare.

But we came from Europe. Americans have Western ideals.
Latin America is mostly western too, with the exception of Cuba.  Both America and Latin America were settled and conquered by western countries.  The immigrants from non western countries also adopt a protestant work ethic; one that requires them to be fiscally independent.

So, European immigrants have a culture that is more complementary to ours.
I disagree.  Europe´s gun laws and stance on the death penalty is more similar to Latin Americas then in the US.

I don't see any British-Americans saying "Make America Britain Again". I can't say the same about Mexican immigrants.
People are individuals.  The vast majority of Mexican Americans don´t want America to be part of Mexico.  The ones who did say that were being satirical.  They were claiming that since they settled the South West first that they should decide who lives there.  Granted, their claim isin´t accurate; the US bought the area from Mexico and it was Anglophone majority at the time of being conquered.

You're assuming that the poor people who come here can't/won't vote for welfare programs. How do you propose we ban welfare, considering over half of current immigrants are on some form of welfare?
We show low income people how to be fiscally self sufficient with the degree they have.  The war on poverty has been a counterproductive failure since poverty was going down quickly before it started and when it started, the poverty rate stagnated.  To eliminate the war on poverty, abolishing welfare and showing people how to be self sufficient is what will have to be done.

Give a man a welfare check, you feed him for a month.  Teach a man how to make his own money, you feed him for life.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
...the sectors they work in begin paying less and having worse work conditions, which disincentivizes natives from working in those sectors.
Isn't CHEAP LABOR the life-blood of the FREE-MARKET??
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
Back in the day, United Farm Workers attacked illegal immigrants.

How is open borders the Christian thing to do? I would think that a Christian would help people over there and improve their country by volunteering and donating. It wouldn't be very Christian to destroy your neighbor's way of life by having immigrants devalue his work.

They underpay the illegal immigrants. Assuming they could hire one worker, they would obviously choose the illegal. They are cheaper. Since they are underpaid, they still qualify for welfare benefits.

Could you perhaps mention how Latin American countries are Westernized? Except for a decent chunk of them being Christians, I see nothing. Even that is a downward trend. They don't share our values of liberty, as seen by their voting patterns.

Laws and culture are quite different. We are an anomaly in terms of gun laws here. They have rule of law in Europe, unlike Latin American countries. They have a lot of economic and political freedom, as well.

They seem pretty intent on getting their welfare benefits. They are fighting for more free things as we speak. Ever see what happens when a candidate runs on lowering benefits? He loses.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@3RU7AL
Isn't CHEAP LABOR the life-blood of the FREE-MARKET??

Screw the free market. I'm for Americans. I do like freer markets in terms of smaller regulations, less taxes, and no subsidies. I do not believe in letting people in who will destroy the livelihood of American citizens.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@Alec
If we ban welfare, any immigrant who is here for welfare would leave.
If we ban all welfare, let's start with corporate subsidies please.

Then when we ban welfare for the poor and disabled and CHILDREN, have fun warehousing them in prisons for $31,000.00 to $75,000.00 per person per year.

Isn't it hilarious how people are so quick to moan about giving the poor and helpless $3,000.00 a year in food-stamps but then they just LOVE to spend "their-hard-earned-tax-dollars" to incarcerate that person for 10x or 20x (plus court fees, plus policing fees) FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES?

A homeless person costs tax-payers an average of $20,000.00 per person per year.  That price goes UP if you throw them in jail. 

That price goes DOWN if you GIVE THEM A PLACE TO LIVE AND SOME FOOD.
3RU7AL
3RU7AL
-->
@bmdrocks21
Screw the free market. I'm for Americans. I do like freer markets in terms of smaller regulations, less taxes, and no subsidies. I do not believe in letting people in who will destroy the livelihood of American citizens.
I see, so you're ok with Mexican labor putting American companies out of business and driving down American wages, just as long as they do it from within the borders of MEXICO??

I fail to see how this arrangement solves either "problem".

..smaller regulations, less taxes, and no subsidies.
Well then, you'd LOVE IT IN MEXICO.  They've got practically no government oversight (regulations), you can easily avoid paying taxes and you don't have to worry about big subsidies for your competitors.

It's practically HEAVEN ON EARTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!