Trump Fixes Fatal Flaw With Policy

Author: Vader

Total: 80
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Taxes have gone up for families with special needs in the Trump Era, but today that has changed. Trump has passed a bill to give 1.8B to Autism Research and helping out families in need

https://www.disabilityscoop.com/2019/10/02/trump-signs-autism-act/27246/

My family and I have suffered through autism and its horrible affects, this is a huge win in the Trump Administration and increases my respect. Liberals were quick to jump on this from a policy standard, but he fixes that. Trump is good

HistoryBuff
Debates: 0
HistoryBuff
-->
@Vader
If I understood that article correctly, there really isn't any new funding. It looked like they just extended a previously existing policy that was about to expire. 

Also, from what I can tell, they waited till pretty much the last possible minute to agree to this. Trump signed it September 30th. From what I can tell the bill he was extending was expiring on september 30th. If he had waited even 12 hours more to sign this, that bill would have already expired.

This is an objectively good thing that was done. But saying "trump is good" because he agreed to renew a policy is a bit much. From what I can tell he didn't actually improve anything, he just kept things from getting worse. 

His tax plans have still made alot of other people's lives worse. 
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
I agree. Trump deeply respects people with disabilities and special needs

except when they're reporters
Paul
Paul
-->
@Vader
There is no defending Trump. If your family has someone with a disability you are going to be affected by higher prices and increasingly crappy insurance all of which are a direct result of Trumps policies. I don't know what kind of medical costs you have but I do know if you have substantial amounts you are definitely poorer then you were 4 years ago, I sure as hell am. You have to be willfully ignorant to support Trump, he's an awful president. You should start thinking for yourself instead of just believing the crap Fox News and republicans tell you to believe. They will screw you really bad eventually if he remains president. If you can't see that coming there is something wrong with your thinking.

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Awesome
SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Paul
There is no defending Trump.
Sure there is. I don't support him myself, but there are things about his policies that can be defended. His person, on the other hand, is a lot harder to defend.
You have to be willfully ignorant to support Trump, he's an awful president. You should start thinking for yourself instead of just believing the crap Fox News and republicans tell you to believe.
How do you know that you're not thinking for yourself and are just believing whatever CNN and the Democrats tell you? I'm not saying that this is the case and I'm really just playing Devil's advocate here, but how do you know?

Paul
Paul
-->
@SirAnonymous

I know how to spot a conman when I see one. I also know what an incompetent buffoon looks like and I don't like his authoritarian leanings either. The guy is a lying, cheating, conspiracy theory loving, toxic POS and the only thing he is good at is manipulating stupid people. He can't read, talks like a fifth grader and wouldn't know diplomacy if it bit him on the ass. I could go on, but I don't want to devote to much time to such a waste of a human being.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Paul
While I wouldn't use that language, I don't disagree with the gist of what you're saying. That's why I said his person is hard to defend. It's his policies (some of them) that are defensible.
Paul
Paul
Which ones?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Paul
Cutting taxes on the middle class and contributing to the collapse of ISIS are two things that come to mind. Of course, many of his policies that I think are defensible are also things you probably wouldn't like, so I'm trying to think of things you might agree with.
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@Paul
He can't read
Cite your source

I know how to spot a conman when I see one
So we're all just supposed to defer to your wisdom on the matter?

authoritarian leanings either.
Please, do tell how he, not the Democrats, have authoritarian leanings. I would think the people vying to control the entire medical insurance market would be the authoritarians. You know, the ones who want to manipulate markets through central planning to have even more control over our lives?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
He can't read
Cite your source
He can read. I mean he spends most of his day on twitter so he kind of has to be able to. He just won't read anything useful. 

Please, do tell how he, not the Democrats, have authoritarian leanings. I would think the people vying to control the entire medical insurance market would be the authoritarians. You know, the ones who want to manipulate markets through central planning to have even more control over our lives?
Lol so providing care for every american and giving them the freedom to see any doctor any time they need to is authoritarian to you? I'm pretty sure giving people more freedom to choose their doctor is the exact opposite of that. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
This was directed to Paul.

He obviously can read, I'm just calling out Paul's hyper-partisan and nonsensical comments.

Where have I heard this before....? You get to keep your doctor.... Not sure I care for your false promises. 

But, having the government decide what is and is not covered sounds like control to me. Should the family choose what plan best suits their needs or should the government do it? Should I have to pay for people who are unhealthy sloths while I work out, eat healthy, and don't strain the system? Probably not.
Paul
Paul
-->
@SirAnonymous
Cutting taxes on the middle class? When did he do that?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Paul
In the Republican tax cut.
They did also rearrange how some exemptions work, so the effects of the cut vary significantly from person to person. A few people had tax increases, some had no significant change, some had a tax decrease. But while it's easy to argue about how the exemptions affected people, the actual tax rate on the middle class was decreased.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Paul
Middle Class: $45,000 - $139,999

Income tax differences in that range:

$38,700-$82,500 25% to 22%

$82,500-$157,500 28% to 24%

He did in 2018.....
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@SirAnonymous
Lol, got your back, my dude
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@bmdrocks21
Thanks. I was having problems finding the numbers.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
Where have I heard this before....? You get to keep your doctor.... Not sure I care for your false promises
The bill, as written by Bernie sanders, would give all Americans total healthcare coverage that would cover every doctor. If you have evidence to the contrary, please provide it.

But, having the government decide what is and is not covered sounds like control to me.
Everything. Everything is covered and you can go to any doctor, any hospital. In the current system there is miles of red tape controlling which doctors you can see, which things are covered etc. Medicare for all provides much more freedom. 

Should the family choose what plan best suits their needs or should the government do it? Should I have to pay for people who are unhealthy sloths while I work out, eat healthy, and don't strain the system? Probably not.
Should you have to pay for primary school for kids that aren't yours? Should your tax dollars go to funding a road you don't drive on? Should you have to pay for police or fire fighters you don't call? As a society we need these things to function. Everyone needs medical care just like everyone needs schools and fire fighters. If everyone has access to healthcare, then all of society benefits. Just like with roads, schools or fire fighters. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
The reason that private insurance is so expensive is because government programs underpay doctors. Will that problem be solved? If so, how much will it cost?

Every single procedure known to man will be covered? Sounds expensive.

Some of those examples, probably not. Toll roads or a higher gas tax would be a lot more efficient. I should pay for police and fire fighters because police deter crime, which helps me. Fire fighters are there to save me. Education very indirectly can help me, depending on the education level. Most of those are an investment for me. If the kid keeps repeating grades, I shouldn't have to pay for it. In the same sense, I shouldn't have to pay someone who is unhealthy and is putting unnecessary strain on the system. How does someone else having healthcare benefit me? Again, you didn't answer my question: how is it fair that I have to pay exponentially more money because other people make terrible life choices? Will shifting their costs to me deter their bad behavior?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
The plaintive cry of the conservative:
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
You got whooped in the abortion forum, so now you've moved into this one, eh?

If you steal my money, then you sure as hell better benefit me somehow.

The plaintive cry of the liberal:
I feel bad for that person. Everybody who works, give them money or you go to jail! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
You got whooped in the abortion forum, so now you've moved into this one, eh?
Do you take that schtick on stage. Why are you vehemently opposed to any woman's right to bodily autonomy? Oh that's right you believe you are an entitled misogynist, just some more whooping for you. But of course you can't address the abortion question.
What did you say??
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

The human (leftist) lament:
What's in it for everyone?

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@dustryder
I will not apologize for being vehemently against murdering a child. Why you don't support the right to life is beyond me. I answered your questions. I even once rephrased my answer three times in the same message and you still couldn't let it sink in. 

What's in it for everyone (your leftist policies)?
Starvation and homelessness, mostly.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
You take something that I EARNED.
You do this without my consent.
Then you spend it on things that in no way benefit me. What a great way to structure a country.

If you are so concerned about people not having something, how about you pay for it? What gives your self-righteous, entitled self the right to steal my property that I earned and give it to someone who didn't earn it?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
Right=selfish
Left=sharing.

The world in summary.

What did you say??
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME???

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
I've answered your questions multiple times. Answer mine for once.

Right: altruistic
Left: envious thieves
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
What question?
I'm amused by your typical rightwing denial of reality. You need to look up altruistic, hint it doesn't mean selfish.
Paul
Paul
-->
@SirAnonymous
So he gives you a little money to win your favor and hey the economy is pretty good too so there is another reason to love him. Maybe you are racists too so you like him because you think he's going to make America white again. Or maybe you hate all those Mexicans breaking the law by being here illegally and you are a real law and order kind of guy so you like him for that. Maybe you're a little dumb and he's a little dumb so you like him because you think he's just like you, just a regular guy. That's called a confidence scam. Trump fools people into thinking they've happened onto a great deal or some easy money so they vote for him not really understanding that it's not something for you he wants, it's something for him.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Paul
Wow. Even though I explicitly stated that I don't support Trump and that I largely agree with your summary of his character, as soon as I express support for two of his policies - two! - you immediately imply that I love him and wonder aloud whether I am racist, hate Mexicans, or am just dumb. And I don't even support him and explicitly said so. That says a lot, Paul. It really does.
And even if I did support him, it would not make your comments one iota more acceptable. Trashing people's character for the sole reason that they voted for a candidate that you don't like is not acceptable, and it's not logical. You don't know what Trump supporters think; you don't know why they support him; you don't know their motives. But rather than acknowledge that people can legitimately disagree with you without being racist or hateful or dumb, you immediately jump to those conclusions and begin accusing people of those things. And on top of that, the person you're accusing doesn't even support Trump. Wow.