Students should have an annual vote on which teacher to fire

Author: DynamicSquid

Total: 76
DynamicSquid
Debates: 29
DynamicSquid
This makes a lot of sense once you start thinking about it...

Here's the process:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which teachers can be voted out?

---

If a teacher has sent:

Different Students            Total Number of Detention Slips

4                                       7
5                                       8
6                                       9

---

If the class average drops over 8% from the start to the end of the year.

---

At the end of the year, if a class' average is below 77%.

---

1/3 of the class gets below 60% on a unit test.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How will the votes work?

After any of the above requirements are met, the vote begins. A vote becomes successful after the below requirements are met.

---

All but a maximum of four students vote to fire the teacher,

and,

10 other students with the same teacher but different class vote to fire the teacher,

and,

2 staff members vote to fire the teacher

Guys, I think this is a pretty good start. Soon kids will be walking into Harvard like it's nothing. Any improvements?

Oh, and no offense to any teachers out here...
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@DynamicSquid
My chemistry teacher would get fired for sure. Hated everything about him, from his sarcastic comments about how dumb we are and stuff like that, he was a real bully. He constantly make fun of students for not being smart, being too smart, or not paying attention. Never taught the class and let us run amuck in his class. Truly the world's biggest cock, and it showed in his test. Gave 0/10's on labs if you pissed him off, and are class averages were a 58% precent. I had a 86% in the class and needed to get a 36% to keep a B. I did not care to do well on that test so I failed it, got a 54% on the final.

He had a student teacher grade the tests in the 2nd semester and he wasn't there monitoring her, and she boosted my F's I would get on the tests to 95%'s. Crazy. Too bad she left. I would have for sure gotten an A in the class if he didn't come back. He gave us an unit test before the final. Knew I would fuck up in his class. 74% S1 final, 54% on second final.
Vader
Vader
-->
@DynamicSquid
This is why I have an extreme bias/hate toward teachers in general. I would get bullied, and they did nothing but laugh or did not care. I hate teachers and never had one that made me feel good about myself when I did well, which I am severly against teachers being paid the amount they do. I am sure there are some, but most are cucks. My 8th teacher bullied me for getting a detention. No teacher really cared for me...

And I do have grades. 4.0 right now with a B in Spanish. 
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
-->
@Vader
The teacher himself sounds pitiful.

He sounds 100% a disturbed Omega. Should be fired. What do other teachers think of him?

Vader
Vader
-->
@LordLuke
Weirdo, a bit of a creepy person according to Spanish teacher
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@Vader
Yeah, 'K.

I feel sorry for him, for all the students he's had, and all the other people in his life.

I'm sure he's mentally ill and can't function normally or understand what normal behavior really is.

Omega teachers typically try extra hard to get their job done, and will give as much homework as they want without any regard or care. They can't handle criticism and are always very mean and well-hated.
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Colleges do a teacher evalution, that dhould be implented
Inferno
Debates: 0
Inferno
-->
@DynamicSquid
No.  This is totalitarianism. 
DynamicSquid
DynamicSquid
-->
@Inferno
How so? This will be improving the lives of many students across the world, and the rules and regulations are strict enough to prevent any mishaps.
Inferno
Debates: 0
Inferno
-->
@DynamicSquid
This is overstepping the boundaries set in the education system.  This should be up to the district. And not the students.  

DynamicSquid
DynamicSquid
-->
@Inferno
Teachers don't realize how bad other teachers are teaching. Only students know how badly a teacher is teaching. Also, with my requirement of how at least 2 staff members have to vote, then that prevents it from being all run by students.
LordLuke
LordLuke
Really most people should be going to private schools and this whole publicized school system is really terrible trashy trash.

Students or their families would have more control if we all weren't getting education from one place--the government!
warren42
Debates: 2
warren42
This is a terrible idea. Would absolutely love to do a debate on this.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@warren42
Yeah like how does it even make any sense.

Students shouldn't necessarily be put in classrooms with bad teachers, but this isn't necessarily the way to do it.
Vader
Vader
-->
@warren42
There are some concerns that I think need to be addressed in this scenario. But my Chemistry teacher would for sure get fired. He had the smartest student in his class and he proceeded to get terrible grades. I would study with in and he put in effort. He was just a shit teahcer
Vader
Vader
-->
@LordLuke
He shouldn't teach ever. He made me completely avoid science for a while. I liked my bio teacher, just was not good in bio at all for some reason. I would get help from my Bio teacher and he boosted my grade by doing corrections and things along that line. Chemistry teacher never did that or individual worked 1 on 1 with us to help. Chemistry would be so much better since it involves math. A lot of stuff isn't even hard, just never had the right teacher teaching it and he would make excuses. He always gave the same test, but he would never teach and instead gave us useless quizzes where we would suck. It encouraged us to just cheat. That was the only class I think I legitimately cheated. Passed answer arounds and worked with other people while he went out of room. I would do anything just for that A. I even cheated on a test in Chemistry off the smartest kid. Only got a 80%. Highest grade ever 

DynamicSquid
DynamicSquid
-->
@warren42
Well, were debating it right now :)

I don't think I'll do a real debate on this though...

7 days later

PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@DynamicSquid
So if a teacher teaches nothing but gives out 100% to everyone in the class to placate the students, would they be the best teacher ever?

Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
But then when the standardized tests and pre-test/post tests come out, they will know they haven't been teaching well
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
Standardized tests aren’t part of the conditions in this case. Just unit tests, which the teacher can make as easy as he/she wants
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
Technically they are in middle school. Idk what you have in your state (or in Canada), but in America we used to take these tests where it score us based of what we learned Statewide and the teacher got paid more or less depending on the score of the subject and classes
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Holy fuck this idea is garbage...
Zaradi
Zaradi
As a lazy student who hated 90% of my teachers, you should never leave it up to the students on whether a teacher should be fired
Zaradi
Zaradi
Not to mention that the mechanics of it would make it so its just extra beurocracy without anything actually happening. 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Zaradi
Aren't you a math teacher now?
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@coal
That's a good fuckin' prank. Me, a math teacher? 
coal
Debates: 6
coal
-->
@Zaradi
Well, what do you teach then.... underwater basket weaving? 
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@coal
....there's no fuckin way
Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@coal
Do it. One more meme. Hit me with it

Zaradi
Zaradi
-->
@coal
Do you make it a habit of just leaving a guy hanging like this?