QFS1 - End Game

Author: drafterman

Total: 62
drafterman
Debates: 6
drafterman
Mafia and Angel Win!

Surviving Players:

Lunatic - You are the TAILOR. Below is a list of roles in the game. Each night you may choose one of those roles and visit another player. They will appear to all investigative roles to have the role and alignment of the role you chose. Upon death, they will appear to have the role and alignment of the role you chose.

The following roles are in the game:
Redirector
Tailor
Watcher
Bomb
Coroner
Angel

You win with the Mafia

SirAnonymous - You are the BOMB. If you are killed (other than by lynching), the person who killed you will die. You win with the Town.

Died in the Night
ILikePie5 - You are SirAnonymous's ANGEL. Once per game, during the Night Phase, you may protect your player. That player will be DEATH PROOF that Night Phase and the following Day Phase. You win if your player is alive at the end of the game.

Graveyard
Speedrace - Coroner - Town
Zaradi - Watcher - Town
Press - Redirector - Town

Night Actions
NP1:
Press - Redirect Speed to Zaradi
Lunatic - Waive all actions
Zaradi - Watch Lunatic
Speed - NA
Pie - Waive

NP2:
Press - Redirect Zaradi to SirAnon
Speed - NA
Pie - Use Protection

NP3:
Press - Redirect Zaradi to Lunatic
Lunatic - Kill Zaradi, Waive Tailor
Speed - NA

NP4:
Speed - Investigate Press

NP5:
Lunatic - Kill Pie; Waive Tailor

Thoughts
I want to thank everyone for engaging in what was essentially a beta test of roles and features I've been eager to try out for a while. So I would also appreciate any constructive feedback. My goal was to have all information available up front so there wouldn't be any confusion about how roles work.

There are some things I'm already thinking about changes, but I want to hear what other people think.

As far as game play, I think everyone played fairly well. Lunatic made strategic use of not killing and successfully kept suspicion off of himself.
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Lunatic
@ILikePie5
@PressF4Respect
End Game
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
@SirAnonymous
@Zaradi
End Game
Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
I told you

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
You played excellently. Not killing in the first two NKs was a bizarre decision, but it fooled me. Your play as mafia is outstanding. GG
Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@drafterman
You're telling me that the random roles JUST SO HAPPENED to give us both a tailor and a coroner?

Speedrace
Speedrace
-->
@Lunatic
GG nice dude
ILikePie5
Debates: 2
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Nice one Lunatic. I suspected you were scum since Day 1. It was pretty much confirmed after Zaradi died.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Speedrace
You did tell me, but there was for or against evidence either of you. I made a decision based on probability and got the short end of the stick.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
If it was confirmed after Zaradi died, why didn't you say anything?
drafterman
drafterman
-->
@Speedrace
Correct, and randomly that the Angel target as a Bomb as well.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
My win was guaranteed after Press was lynched anyways 
Lunatic
Lunatic
First off, GG to everyone that was a fun game! I just wanted to explain some of my thoughts and processes here, and explain some of the challenges I faced in this game.
So I was a tailor, and had info with all the roles in the game, and was told I could tailor only using the in game roles. Since I knew the set up I forfeited my night kill since I didn’t want to risk hitting bomb or getting watched NP1. So my initial plan wasn’t to play as passive as I did, in fact I was kind of forced in to passive play otherwise I would have looked scummy pretty early. I knew after speedraces first claim that his role gave information to him about another role in the game that he would be the coroner. I was praying he wasn’t going to claim, because I actually wanted to kill him offbefore he claimed coroner, so I could actually get some use out of the tailor role. I knew pie was the 3rd party angel after his initial claim too, it’s the only other claim that made sense. So my plan formed, I was gonna attempt to get a mass claim, was going to claim a protective role since I already had planned that after forfeiting np1. My goal was to claim nurse first and say I protected speed, which would town confirm him and mean he wouldn’t have to claim. That way I could mislynch someone, as I had already planned to do dp1, and then night kill Speed and tailor him as the third party, to make zaradi look scummy for a second mislynch and a win after DP2. Pie’s only goal was to keep his target alive so I knew he would be on board.

But speed put a hole in my plan and claimed coroner before I could claim nurse and confirm him, so I had to play the whole thing differently.DAMN YOU SPEED. I was trying to town confirm you so you didn’t have to claim lol. So after that ordeal the tailor role was basically useless. So I switched gears. I knew pie was scum based on POE since all the other roles were claimed and he was last so I figured by lynching him I would gain some town cred. Pie did come out with his role as expected, but I didn’t expect him to out his protection target, and when he did and you all started talking about SA being town confirmed, I was pretty sure I had lost unless I could lynch pie before he used his role. That’s why I was tunneled on pie like that in DP1, otherwise I would have helped mis-lynch press. When that didn’t work out, I asked drafter if there was any way I could joint with pie, and was told if his protection target was the last one alive with me I could. So that was basically my only hope. I can’t night kill SA because he was a bomb, and I couldn’t mislynch him. Luckily SA seemed pretty sold on me being town so I just had to hope that would continue the rest of the game.

NP2 I wanted to forfeit the night kill, and I wanted to tailor Speed as himself just to be seen visiting him because I figured zaradi might have watched him and would extra confirm me. I didn’t want to kill zaradi because he was who I thought would be the DP2 mis-lynch. I was told that if I tailored Speed though, he would get a message telling him he was suited, and that would ruin my whole plan, so I got forced into forfeiting both actions a second time and wished I was on the press lynch. I thought DP2 would be a press or zaradi lynch but when you guys tested SA’s claim, I got frustrated and killed Zaradi even though he was a potential mislynch, because I couldn’t kill safely as long as he was alive. Also there seemed enough suspicion on press I knew I would get a mislynch on him, which we did. At that point there was already suspicion on Speed for being “blocked” the same nights there were night kills,and I knew I only needed one more lynch to win and to keep SA alive, so I knew I could forfeit my action safely. It was basically my only option. If I killed pie it would have looked scummy since we talked about me using my role on speed, and there was no reason to think mafia wouldn’t kill me. It worked out in my favor because I knew I could spin the logic that way to make speed look bad and explain why I wasn’t killed, since a Pie, SA, Speed lylo would have surely meant death for speed.
Still, not an easy win and I was thrown through the loop and stressed out a few times by town actions, and at the end of the day still came down to MYLO, so good job town! Was a fun and stressful game for sure, wasn’t easy at all for me haha.

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@drafterman
@Speedrace
You're telling me that the random roles JUST SO HAPPENED to give us both a tailor and a coroner?
Yeah, that wasn't good.
Lunatic
Lunatic
pasted from word so the formatting is messed up sorry
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
GG nice dude
Thanks man
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
If it was confirmed after Zaradi died, why didn't you say anything?

Cause Lunatic’s play was amazing. He deserved the win. I was gonna win anyways and a train on Press and Speed were easier than Lunatic anyways
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@ILikePie5
Nice one Lunatic. I suspected you were scum since Day 1. It was pretty much confirmed after Zaradi died.
Kinda funny I went from gun ho trying to kill you DP1 because I knew you would win over me to being forced to tie with you lol

Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Speedrace
Not only this, but the angels target was a bomb lol. That seemed hella designed. The odds that were random seem astronomical lol. I think some of the game was random some of it was designed.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
Kinda funny I went from gun ho trying to kill you DP1 because I knew you would win over me to being forced to tie with you lol

I was gonna win as soon as Press died. I knew you would be that guy and try to claim sole glory ahaha. Luckily I had a bomb as my protection target.
Lunatic
Lunatic
You played excellently. Not killing in the first two NKs was a bizarre decision, but it fooled me. Your play as mafia is outstanding. GG
I was kind of forced to not kill on np1 because I knew there was a bomb and a watcher and I wasn't feeling particularly ballsy. After that it was all to secure the nurse claim. 

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
I was kind of forced to not kill on np1 because I knew there was a bomb and a watcher and I wasn't feeling particularly ballsy. After that it was all to secure the nurse claim. 

Good strategy. I thought I was dead after my fake claim, but we somehow turned that around lol
Lunatic
Lunatic
I was gonna win as soon as Press died. I knew you would be that guy and try to claim sole glory ahaha. Luckily I had a bomb as my protection target.

When I wasn't able to lynch you DP1, I had no choice but to win with you lol. There was no way town was ever gonna lynch SA, and joint winning seemed easier than trying lol. You lucky bastard you had an easy win condition.
frenzy
Debates: 0
frenzy
-->
@drafterman
Would a Nurse's side-effect roleblock actually block the mafia kill if Lunatic was for real?

SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@Lunatic
Your play as mafia is so brilliant it's frightening. I'm going to have to read you as guilty until proven innocent after this.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@Lunatic
When I wasn't able to lynch you DP1, I had no choice but to win with you lol. There was no way town was ever gonna lynch SA, and joint winning seemed easier than trying lol. You lucky bastard you had an easy win condition.

Love ya too <3
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@frenzy
Would a Nurse's side-effect roleblock actually block the mafia kill if Lunatic was for real?
I know you were asking drafter, but I think it would so long as I wasn't targeted by them first. Mafia night kill usually takes precedence over town actions.

ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@SirAnonymous
Your play as mafia is so brilliant it's frightening. I'm going to have to read you as guilty until proven innocent after this.

It’s the small things you have to pay attention to. At the beginning it was the waive. As a mentioned, only Lunatic and Zaradi have the experience to do that in the first place. Later, his 180 on lynching me to keeping me alive was also what gave it away.
SirAnonymous
SirAnonymous
-->
@ILikePie5
It's the small things that I have problems seeing. I'm great at logic. I'm terrible at reading behavior.
ILikePie5
ILikePie5
-->
@drafterman
you got part 2 ready?