Outta Chips Preface, Pre-Pilot, Chapter 0.

Author: RationalMadman

Total: 10
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
Chapter 0: Aint no big man last forever.

Lotta people think they knows what it takes to be a man. Not just a man, but a man’s man. Y’know? That guy who the other guys just gotta put an arm around when he walk in the room, that man who know when to lay down and fold just to not make another go broke. Life aint all ‘bout winnin’ when you up in the games we play… Me, I may be a man’s man, maybe not, only others can tell that truth. 

My name is Mikey, if you ask the next guy ‘round here, I runs things but ask some other and maybe I’m just lucky and really Brian or tha Virtuoso, no seriously they calls him that, be runnin’ things. I don’t know what to tell ya’, I just do my part, pay the rent and keep this town alive. The rest is up to those that inhabit it. 

I be wonderin’ myself what the commotion is all about, whens I be startin’ up here they say I was behind the coup of the old leaders, me I say nothin’ ‘cause that’s what a real man’s man would do. You gotta know when to pick a fight, not just how to fight it. These paper foldin’ oromagi boys think it’s just rackin’ wins, admiration, cranes, frogs y’know ornaments ‘n’ all that. What good’s your win when the others don’t like you round here? Piss too many of the judges off and that’s it, you’re doneso. It’s ‘bout humility, you know? It’s ‘bout’ fuckin’ respect! Somethin’ too many have no concept of anymore, or maybe it was always that way and I’m being stupidly nostalgic, who knows?

What you learn when you in my position in a place like this, well what you learn before even startin’ up in a place like these when you the type o’ guy I am, is that it aint about the stats on paper that keeps you high up in that food chain, it’s about a currency most don’t even know exists. You fuck around with the wrong guys too long, that’s it you aint shit.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
The accent is meant to be a very oldschool white mobster accent, not Russian. In case anyone is confused.
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
Definitely doesn't read like a Russian accent lol, don't worry about that. Outside of a few grammatical errors here and there, I'm interested in reading more.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zaradi
The grammatical errors were intentional, it's part of the Mobster accent.
Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@RationalMadman
Not talking about those. Writing in the tone of a specific dialect isn't necessarily a grammatical error (I mean, technically it is but only the harshest grammar nazis will get on your case about it). A good example would be the ellipsis in the first paragraph.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zaradi
only Zaradi will notice that.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
This is a very well written piece for the Pre Face.

I assume you dive more into the plot once you are on to the real chapter
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@RationalMadman
Ya, don't worry it reads pretty old school gangsta accent and is a pretty nice intro.
blamonkey
Debates: 24
blamonkey
It sounds vaguely Tarantino-ish. Not bad.
Annie_ESocialBookworm
Debates: 0
Annie_ESocialBookworm
-->
@RationalMadman
Mob x Dart! I can't wait for more!