Basically people who believe in God

Author: TheRealNihilist

Total: 139
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
X true is true because my book says so.

The only way you can change their mind is have them specifically tell you what their book says and listen to a contradictory position they hold to it while also putting a lot more effort in describing to them how they are wrong without offending them and them actually taking your critique seriously. Reason doesn't work when someone thinks God is real. 

I have found the defeater of this entire forum. It is all a waste of time unless we are friends and know what each other do outside DA so that we can use that as arguments in a way that doesn't offend the other person and they actually consider it. 

disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
Need to believe in a god. Their insecure little lives desperately cry out for an insecure god, one who craves their worship and adoration, that they can adore and feel fulfilled. Being the greatest thing they know is just too much for them, they also worship celebrities because they can't accept their own existence. It's all just so frightening.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@disgusted
It is actually a waste of time if your aim is to change a conservatives mind. It is constant begging the question. No ability to verify their standards with what we currently to be the best way to view the world. I am going to refrain from talking to them. 
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
You can't change that which does not exist. The mind of the rightist has been replaced by a mass of ideology.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@disgusted
You can't change that which does not exist. The mind of the rightist has been replaced by a mass of ideology.
If you are saying people believe in things that they have no knowledge of knowing exists then I would say that it is true for pretty much anyone. Religious people would exhibit it the most with Religious practices and everyone else would exhibit it when planning or expecting something in the future. We don't know if it will happen but we still exhibit an emotion because of it. 

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I know I am going to die. Godists refuse to accept that knowledge.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It's not about people who believe in God . 
It's about people who believe and or are in a religious group.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@disgusted
That is difficult to comes to term to. It is easier to believe you can exist after death without no knowledge about it being the case.

Bear in mind everyone is a victim of circumstance. I think some people are too far gone to change through no fault of their own. Given Religious people have a lot more to lose than I and it seems like they are losing supporting I guess I am getting my way instead of theirs in this specific circumstance but I would be as annoyed if I was Religious and seeing a decline in Religiosity. 

I didn't choose to believe what I believe it just happened. Like a person who believes in God. I can't imagine believing in God and I think that is the same feeling people have when they find people who don't believe in God.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I guess it can pretty much apply to anything but this is the Religion forum and there is a correlation between God believers and Religion which is why it is directed at them. 
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Yeah, no i get it. 
But the link between believing in God and being in a religious group is to me not so clear.
What have they got to do with one another?. 
Unless God itself told you to join a religious group. 

Religious groups have painted god real real thick like.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
X true is true because my book says so.
The only way you can change their mind is have them specifically tell you what their book says and listen to a contradictory position they hold to it while also putting a lot more effort in describing to them how they are wrong without offending them and them actually taking your critique seriously. Reason doesn't work when someone thinks God is real.
I have found the defeater of this entire forum. It is all a waste of time unless we are friends and know what each other do outside DA so that we can use that as arguments in a way that doesn't offend the other person and they actually consider it.

Wow thanks for the opinions,  very shallow and generic opinions and ones that get real old but that's all we ever get TBH. All assumptions, all pre-conceived notions not a single question or argument, pure biased opinion with no filter well done Nihilist another first class intellectual. Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves so you don't go coo coo. Next...

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
It is actually a waste of time if your aim is to change a conservatives mind.
The only way you can change their mind

And how do we change your rigid mind? is it a waste of time to try and change your mind or your buddy Disgusted's mind? as far as I can tell the answer is a big fat yes lol. You guys are far more stubborn and closed off than I could ever dream of, but then again I keep myself flexible and open to all forms of knowledge and sources. So the funny part is that it would probably be a lot easier to change my mind than what it would take to change yours, assuming of course we are talking about something legit and not just silly assumptions like in the OP. All things said this is a sad topic.

TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Mainly due to most theists are Religious so I don't think it is really worth making a distinction for such a small amount of the population. Besides they are not really that annoyed they are called that either. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Why are we the one's that need our minds changed and not yours? did you actually prove something in your OP or in an argument somewhere?
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
How old is the earth?
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
 I keep myself flexible and open to all forms of knowledge and sources
This is completely untrue but given your deflection is so obvious that you have to be delusional to think that, I don't think it is worth arguing against. If it wasn't clear I am still waiting for any evidence for your worldview. The last time I asked you, you didn't even bother to reply back. I wonder why. 
Wow thanks for the opinions,  very shallow and generic opinions and ones that get real old but that's all we ever get TBH. All assumptions, all pre-conceived notions not a single question or argument, pure biased opinion with no filter well done Nihilist another first class intellectual. Whatever you guys have to tell yourselves so you don't go coo coo. Next...
No real feedback instead at best can be considered an ad-hom. Who knew such an open minded person can be at best be so toxic? 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect
You engage with him, ask him for evidence with anything you are unsure about. I guarantee you he won't be able to bring up a source. He lives in his own bubble and thinks he is open minded. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
Why are we the one's that need our minds changed and not yours? did you actually prove something in your OP or in an argument somewhere?
It was an intended to be a structure and a likely way of changing people's mind. If you can't see that it is on you. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I’ll see
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect
Okay but if you really can't wait like I do for his evidence then simply read our past few interactions.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@TheRealNihilist
I know. I’ll wait for his response first.
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@EtrnlVw
Don't bother responding to me. Respond to F4 mainly because I would like to see if you are as "open-minded" as you say you are. 
TheRealNihilist
TheRealNihilist
-->
@PressF4Respect

I start at #196 and it finishes at #210. I could've conducted myself better but I still agree with my post in #210.

Don't make debating theists a common occurrence. My posts on this thread make it clear on the obvious problems. 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
How old is the earth?

Since creation is indeed a process I'm going with billions of years old. Personally I do not know exactly how many years, but according to studies that's probably pretty accurate. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
And what exactly do you mean by “creation”? Did God create man?
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect
God creates processes....that create physical forms. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
Do you believe in what Genesis 1:27 says?
Genesis 1:27, NIV: "So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them."

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@PressF4Respect

My position is that it's not a literal statement obviously, as in God's appearance. But yes, we are made in the image of God because we are a part of God and can be nothing else. Don't see how this relates to the questions. If this is going to be a Bible says so discussion be ready to be disappointed. There's many wonderful aspects of the Bible but it has a lot of nonsense as well. 
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@EtrnlVw
So, do you take the creationist stance?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@EtrnlVw
TAKING NOTE.
Screenshot collected.

Etrnl. Buddy , pal.
You dont believe the things you just said in that post do ya?

You dont .

Send f4 a msg back saying the earth couldn't more then 10,000 years old.
It ain't millions of years old. 
See stuff like this et, has you tinkering on the Heaven acsess granted..Heaven acsess denied tightrope.