You couldn't make it up.

Author: Stephen

Total: 95
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
 the religion of peace strikes again.

Yes, our very -  not so - intelligent intelligence agency though it would be a nice Christmas present to tell us all here in the UK that the threat of a terrorist attack was lesser now that it was 3rd November this year . Yes, they were pleased to announce on 4th November  that we shouldn't be worried about going about our Christmas shopping as they had now lowered the terrorism threat level to  "substantial".  What they failed to tell the public is that "substantial" actually means that an attack is a strong possibility rather than the higher threat level of  "severe"  or highly likely, as if there is a big difference between the two.https://www.gov.uk/government/news/terrorism-threat-level-lowered-to-substantial

And in just a matter 20 + days after this big announcement, Islam strikes again when a KNOWN Muslim jihadi recently released from prison started screaming " alluah akbar at the top of his voice and  began a butchering spree in the name of Allah and Islam killing two and injuring six innocent human beings going about their daily business.

Of course the media Sky News / BBC  were quick to seek out interview the nearest ethnic brown  coloured police officers with beards and the local bearded Imam, who incidentally couldn't wait to spout the usual bollocks to a Sky News and BBC reporters that :

"Islam is a religion of peace. it says Verse 5:32 clearly in the quran that -  whoever kills a soul  – it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one – it is as if he had saved mankind entirely". 

Doesn't that sound sweet? Until one takes the time to read the immediate following verse, the one our politicians and Muslims alike choose not to quote which states;

Quran 5:33 – unless, those who wage waragainst Allah and His Messenger and strive upon earth [to cause]corruption/mischief is none but that they be killed or crucified or that theirhands and feet be cut off from opposite sides or that they be exiled from the land.That is for them a disgrace in this world; and for them in the Hereafter is agreat punishment.

Our world leaders are very quick to spout this fluffy Qoranic verse 5:32. They have been spouting it ever since the Paris attacks and since 9/11. But fail miserably to quote what the follow up verse insists should happen to those who "cause mischief in the land". 

Islam isn't going anywhere anytime soon; this is a fact. After this recent attack in London government agencies were forced to admit that over 25 ISLAMIC terrorist attacks were (thankfully) thwarted by MI5 in the last year alone.

The religion of peace my arse.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
Do you have any idea how many people Christians have and continue to kill? You point at 1 guy killing a few people and say islam is evil, but when Christians bomb a city i'm guessing you don't bat an eye. 

You are using an extremely biased and simplistic view to take the actions of a tiny minority to vilify 1/4 of the world's total population. 
Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
not suprised, FROM ISLAM ITSELF
bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
What Christian killings are you referring to?
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@bmdrocks21
Yah who is going around screaming JESUS SAVES while pushing a bomb button?
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
Well there are the pretty regular bombings carried out by the US government. There are christian terrorists such as the Christ church terror attack, Peter James Knight who tried to blow up an abortion clinic with the staff inside, Eric Robert Rudolph who carried out the Centennial Olympic Park bombing as well as an attack on a abortion clinic and a gay night club. 

There are many, many, many examples of Christians killing people to choose from. 

To be clear, this type of killing is never excusable. But trying to paint an entire religion as evil when it is a tiny fraction of them that engage in these attacks is extremely counter productive. 
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Greyparrot
probably not those exact words, but attacks on religious minorities and abortion clinic staff by christian religious extremists is actually fairly common in america. FAR more common that Muslim terror attacks. 
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
I don't think that the US government's bombings could be considered Christian bombings. However, theocratic governments, like those in the Middle East, could be considered Islamic attacks. They are run by religious leaders. Our government is not and has strict separation of church and state.

But, yes, painting an entire group based on what a minority does is generally counterproductive. We(I can't vouch for the trend creator) are discussing trends here, not making generalizations about every group member. For instance, African Americans commit more murder than any other group, but they aren't all murderers.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Greyparrot
Nobody. Probably because Jesus wasn't a pedophile and a warlord, but I could be wrong.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@bmdrocks21
I don't think that the US government's bombings could be considered Christian bombings.
The people being bombed would likely disagree. From their point of view, the christian americans are murdering their families. 

Nobody. Probably because Jesus wasn't a pedophile and a warlord, but I could be wrong.
We have no way of knowing. There is nothing written about him until decades after his death and nothing was ever written by someone who had met him. He very well could have been a pedophile but that information didn't survive. 
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
-->
@Stephen
Do you, as a Conservative, admit at least that in reality Islam and Sharia Law are right-wing and not left-wing?

I don't support Labour's pandering to them, I support Lib Dems who have a firm but fair stance: Keep your religion liberal and pleasant to the populace and there's no issue.

Will you agree on that?
disgusted
disgusted
The Yahweh/Jesus god gave direct orders to Dubya to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@HistoryBuff
The people being bombed would likely disagree. From their point of view, the christian americans are murdering their families. 

Why does their perspective matter? It is religious leaders vs non-religious leaders. 

We have no way of knowing. There is nothing written about him until decades after his death and nothing was ever written by someone who had met him. He very well could have been a pedophile but that information didn't survive. 

There is no indication that he even got married or was ever in a relationship. You can never know everything, but without any evidence to suggest that, I don't think we can assume it.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
History buff !???

That's a laugh all on it's own.  Islam has caused more deaths in the world since its vile inception than any other religious ideology, EVER!!!. It IS ISLAM that has caused these death and is the driving force behind it's extremist adherents. Their book tells them that they must convert the world to Islam or die trying.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@HistoryBuff
Well there are the pretty regular bombings carried out by the US government. 

Not in the name of  the Christ they aren't. And you cannot show anyone otherwise. 
 You need to change your monica - History Buff.

But trying to paint an entire religion as evil when it is a tiny fraction of them that engage in these attacks is extremely counter productive. 

Oh yes, that old chestnut ' a tiny minority' I wondered if someone would resurrect that excuse for the vile ideology that is Islam.

Repeatedly quoted and re-quoted, the phrase "tiny minority" is often used by apologists when radical Islam bubbles to the surface.

In this 6 minute video that myth is finally put to rest. Interesting is the fact that this person quotes the well respected Pew Research Centre as his source. 

The Myth of the Tiny Radical Muslim Minority https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7TAAw3oQvg&t=114s

And before you tell me that the"majority of Muslims are moderate", tell me how many moderate muslims do you see in this room.

"Moderate" Muslims try to defend the death penalty for apostasy, adultery, homosexuality.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@bmdrocks21
I think that Jesus was probably gay.

And paedophilia is only a crime when a law says that it is.
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@zedvictor4
I think that Jesus was probably gay.
You have to spout your opinion as if it has any basis in truth, but we don't have to assume about Mohammad do we? He was a pedophile and a murderer.

But according to the politically correct  liberal, he's just as good as the gentle guy who said love one another, raised people back to life, and has no record of sin.

Do you know even the Koran agrees Jesus was sinless? I bet it was another moron liberal judge that released this loser back on the street.

Now 2 innocents are dead because these idiots cannot get past their dumb dogma and see reality.

The police officer who shot him dead as he wriggled on the ground with his fake suicide vest should be given a medal.

And charges should be brought up on that deranged mayor of London. They got what they voted for.

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
gentle guy who said love one another, raised people back to life
Who is that? Is there any evidence supporting this extraordinary claim?

disgusted
disgusted
-->
@Stephen
Not in the name of  the Christ they aren't. And you cannot show anyone otherwise. 
Oh wait
The Yahweh/Jesus god gave direct orders to Dubya to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
 You need to change your monica - History Buff.
Muslim people are regularly being bombed by the US. Mostly civilians. From their perspective, they are muslims being bombed by christians. It is no more justified for them to blame all christians than americans are in blaming all muslims for the tiny percentage of muslims that are terrorists. 

In this 6 minute video that myth is finally put to rest. Interesting is the fact that this person quotes the well respected Pew Research Centre as his source. 
lol anyone who uses ben shapiro as a source is unlikely to be reasoned with. I am not going to watch his videos. He is a far right wing nut job.

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@Stephen
That's a laugh all on it's own.  Islam has caused more deaths in the world since its vile inception than any other religious ideology, EVER!!!. It IS ISLAM that has caused these death and is the driving force behind it's extremist adherents. Their book tells them that they must convert the world to Islam or die trying.
I'm guessing you don't know very much history. Islam has usually been much more tolerant of religious minorities than Christianity. They used less coercive measures to encourage conversion. Usually a moderate tax to allow them to continue their religion and barring minorities from high offices. Christians would usually forcibly convert, mass murder, or expel religious minorities. 
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@HistoryBuff
Islam has usually been much more tolerant of religious minorities than Christianity. 
Completely untrue. This is the politically correct lie that Muslim history revisionists have be pushing.
HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@ethang5
Completely untrue. This is the politically correct lie that Muslim history revisionists have be pushing.
No, this is completely true. I don't claim that all muslims have always been tolerant. But muslim countries usually used methods of inconveniencing religious minorities to motivate them to convert. Christians were much more likely to resort to violence to convert people. Not to mention that European Christians often looked at other groups as sub humans and then enslaved or exterminated them.    

Christianity has, historically, been the more violent religion. 
TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@HistoryBuff
Which one now do you consider more violent? 

HistoryBuff
HistoryBuff
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Which one now do you consider more violent? 
It's kind of a loaded question without a clear answer.

Christians are just a violent as muslims, they just found other things they like killing for more than religion (money, oil, power). Muslim countries are, in general, being attacked or suppressed by christian countries (for their oil, money etc). Those muslims then need to try to find ways to defend themselves. Many of them frame that defense in religious terms. Thus a war that is actually about colonialism and greed turns into a holy war.

So you will find muslims that justify their actions with religion, while christians (who are doing similar shitty stuff) don't frame it as religiously based. 

So if you want to take a super simplistic way of looking at it, you could say Islam is more violent since some muslims claim to be fighting for their religion and Christianity is less violent because Christians just kill for money. But Christians are still killing more muslims than muslims are christians. Trying to frame it as which religion is more violent is just an inherently useless question. Both sides are fighting for power and wealth, one side just uses religion to frame their actions and the other doesn't.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@zedvictor4
Why do you think Jesus was gay?

Where did I say that pedophilia was or wasn't a crime? I said he was a pedophile, which is true.
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@bmdrocks21
There is no mention of him being hetero or having any hetero relationships.
ethang5
ethang5
@Disgusting

That's true for you too.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@disgusted
Ok, so he was asexual?
disgusted
disgusted
-->
@ethang5
You know nothing about me, so that's not true at all.