Homeschool.....

Author: EtrnlVw

Total: 57
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
Or public school? does it matter? which do you believe would be more beneficial.....in todays environment.
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
homeschool is great, as long as there are social activities with other kids. like karate classes 
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
Yes I would agree with that, here's a big factor as far as I'm concerned...

"Home atmosphere is more relaxed, and schedule can be tailored to child’s needs"
"Homeschooling tailors learning to specific children’s educational needs"

I think that is a gigantic benefit as I was raised in the public schools I knew a lot of kids that would have been better off, public schools can be a nasty place lol. But I think it is a good idea to zero in on a child's specific needs, obviously that's not feasible in a large setting it's just a benefit IMO. 
keithprosser
keithprosser
-->
@janesix
homeschool is great, as long as there are social activities with other kids. like karate classes 
I hope not just karate classes - there should be other reason for kids to meet up then to performs acts of violence on each other!   Playing in an orchestra or doing some theatre... much more co-operative.

WarriorQueenForever
WarriorQueenForever
I'm all for homeschooling. I think its beneficial just because there's no distractions to interfere with the lessons being learned and it doesn't require all day like public schools. Homeschooling also if I'm not mistaking the only required academic lessons needed by law is math and language arts everything else isn't really required but can definietly be necessary if the parents want they're kids to be prepared in all types of topics .This way when the kids venture off to college (which in most cases they will) they'll be prepared for college. Public schools only focus solely on the star or taas or whatever main tests they have to take for each grades which doesn't prepare them for college, hence i strongly believe is why so many students today make no efforts to move forward on to college because it might just seem like they have to learn just for the tests alone .Yes tests are to show that your learning, but that shouldnt be the only focus. The focus should be on what your going to do with what your learning how to implement it into the lives of themselves. I personally don't see the point in the whole "being-social" while being young because if you don't notice homeschoolers are the most talkative outgoing bunch put them in a room with people and they'll find it easier to communicate with others whereas kids in public schools are so scared or nervous by their peers they juat rather stay to themselves or they get into fights because they think thats the way to handling a solution. Homeschoolers may not be in social gatherings often but they're more social then public schoolers. Its better, safer and much more beneficial for kids to be homeschooled than be in public schools. If you don't agree with me sorry not sorry i stand with my belief. 
Analgesic.Spectre
Debates: 1
Analgesic.Spectre
-->
@WarriorQueenForever
It's fascinating that someone writes an enormous, anecdotal, unreferenced paragraph, and expects people to take his/her opinion seriously.

Thank goodness these people are allowed to vote.
RationalMadman
Debates: 555
RationalMadman
I think that school is net detrimental whereas homeschooling is net beneficial.

This may seem nonsensical but there's a reason why 'I hate school' is said much more than 'I love school' and why 'I don't mind school' is said far more than 'I dislike school'. Those that suffer in school suffer immensely and those that don't suffer in school do not at all love it because it's never ever tailored to them.

Homeschooling does open parents who abuse children up to easier ability to contain the victim but when it comes down to it, I guarantee you that the type of people who are private tutors etc are far more likely to spot a child's psychological scars and signs of neglect and/or abuse than an ordinary school teacher.

The biggest flaw of home-schooling is perhaps when it's done via online courses only as this truly enables abusive parents to keep their child contained but one thing about the online world is that it's far easier to type out a traumatic truth than to say it out loud in words so the argument ends up negated by the likelihood the student will email a teacher or fellow online friend of whatever kind about their situation and then the person on the other side of the screen, if at all local, can help get the police involved.

"School" as we know it is not malignant, it's just not great in any way at all and that to me is like guaranteed suboptimal education for someone.

8 days later

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@EtrnlVw
The only people who advocate for home schooling are those who want their children to be equally as dysfunctional as they are. In other words, they wish their children to be social outcasts. A truly selfless parent, who had their child's best interests in mind, would never consider removing them from school and educating them at home. 

Traditional education brings forth the following: 

• social interaction
  • daily structure 
  • recognizable achievement
  • intellectual cohesion (for example, those who do not attend school may end up like RationalMadman, in that they will have scattered and disorganized brains). 
  • freedom from parents or other caregivers

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
I attended school, try again.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
School enslaves you to teachers and bullies why would you want to be free from parents and caregivers? If they're abusing you it's more likely you could turn to a private tutor than a school teacher.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Daily structure is apparent even with homeschooling but the difference is it doesn't stay as rigid and in all ways that's better.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Teaching you to interact with bullies and sheep is not going to ever help you as you grow up. It often has led to suicide and general unhappiness.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
HimeschooHome gives recognizable achievement. The exams are often of even higher recognised examination boards than the standard school ones.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
How do you feel about the fact that I caused you to make five separate posts?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
I feel energised.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
That is merely a manic episode.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
No it's not. I don't have bipolar.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
Are you quite sure? Have you ever discussed your behavioural issues with a doctor?
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
That's confidential but since it's the patient who has the right to waiver it I will say that I have Asperger's Syndrome, ADD (without physical hyperactivity so not ADHD) and undiagnosed narcissism.

The psychiatrist(s) have said I am extremely far from being bipolar as well as schizophrenic both of which were concerns to myself and which I explicitly questioned on them. They even specified that I am almost the inverse of a bipolar individual as I have unusually consistent energy levels and self-control capacity uniformly based on what I'd answered their questions and how I went about my life in tough scenarios.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
I have also been clinically depressed but never clinically anxious.

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
Fascinating.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
You think you can get to me but you know that saying:

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Well, for me it wasn't a thing I needed a saying to learn. For me, it's quite blatant. You got under my skin once and I allowed myself to go with the anger. It won't happen again and you cannot aggravate me again. The more you mock me, the more politely and bluntly I will answer you even admitting flaws in myself as you taunt. This way you always end up looking like the bad guy, which is what you undeniably are.

So, keep at it, keep taunting me. It will never work again to make me snap.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
Also, I don't need to talk about your mental illnesses, of which are severe. I know what you have and also know you will have deceived psychiatrists if you did ever see one which I doubt you have because of how ASPD works.

Anyone can say 'oh you're having a manic episode' and laugh along with people calling someone else a moron and refer to them as an unoriginal joke who no one has respect for. Your insults are neither imaginative nor accurate. It's hilariously pathetic the way you abuse people actually.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
It seems that you are imagining things.

Why do you think I am trying to provoke a reaction from you?

Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
I know what you have and also know you will have deceived psychiatrists if you did ever see one which I doubt you have because of how ASPD works.

You are correct on that, at least. Truly strong people do not need to see psychiatrists.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
This is incorrect. Truly strong people often needed to see psychiatrists in their life. Truly cowardly people never do.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
I am not imagining things. I know you are trying to provoke a reaction. You probably want others to join in and laugh with you at me. I killed it by admitting what I have and don't have which left you looking like the scum that you are.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
You probably want others to join in and laugh with you at me. I killed it by admitting what I have and don't have which left you looking like the scum that you are.
You are being profoundly paranoid. To that extent, I can see why you previously suspected yourself of having schizophrenia.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
-->
@Zeichen
It's not paranoia if it's real. I have alertness to thing others lack this is not paranoia because I use logic and not emoting to conclude it.
Zeichen
Zeichen
-->
@RationalMadman
It's not paranoia if it's real.
You are not sane, therefore you cannot be relied upon to form an objective judgment on what is real or not real.

I have alertness to thing others lack this is not paranoia because I use logic and not emoting to conclude it.
You continually use "emoting" over logic. In fact, your tendency toward emotion is why you are engaging in this discord. It is simply that you, for reasons pertaining to your mental deficiencies, are unable to control your feelings. How sad.