Islam is Right about Women

Author: Dr.Franklin

Total: 50
disgusted
Debates: 0
disgusted
-->
@Pinkfreud08
So you are also anti-evangelical christian.
Good for you.
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@disgusted
Well for me I'm anti-religion generally 

3RU7AL
Debates: 3
3RU7AL
-->
@Vader
The Bible itself never calls for violence.
You might even say, "True Christians must be PACIFISTS" (love thine enemy).
Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
-->
@Alec
Your right on this, but both call for violence.
The difference may be that Christians don't read the bible, while Muslims become immersed in their holy book. If both holy books say equally disgusting things, the religion with more adherents who actually read the book, are probably going to have more people applying that disgusting belief system. 

Singularity
Debates: 11
Singularity
I think the statement "Islam is right about women" is meant to bring about cognitive dissonance on the part of some liberals who idolize certain special groups of people. While Republicans are unfairly in my opinion are said to favor large corporations, many liberals favor any group they view as a minority. They see "victim" as a label to show the superiority of one group over another, by elevating women and Muslims to the status of victim, they also see believe neither group is capable of large scale collective wrongs. Only white male, christians can be capable of large scale wrongs, so when it is pointed out that Muslims have a religion that is clearly anti feminist than it hurts these particular liberals, and they are forced to attack their own belief system that their declared victims are completely innocent of any large scale wrong doing (As they define wrong doing). When confronted with the statement "Islam is right about women", They can not say what their gut reaction tells them to, and the cognitive dissonance often washes over their face. After biting their tongue to tell the speaker he is wrong, they call him racist or sexist. 

I think Bill Maher talks a lot about this cognitive dissonance, when he discusses radical islam, and even he realizes what most muslims would consider moderate is still pretty radical by Western standards. 

SirAnonymous
Debates: 3
SirAnonymous
-->
@Singularity
While it is true that a lot of Christians don't read the Bible, there are a lot of us that do. For my part, I find that the ones who read it the most are the least violent (not that I would ask you to consider this as evidence, given that it is largely unverifiable).

bmdrocks21
Debates: 6
bmdrocks21
-->
@SirAnonymous
For my part, I find that the ones who read it the most are the least violent

I would think you would have the opposite reactions between Christianity and Islam. The more people that read about the war lord pedophile, the more violence you'll probably get. The more people that read about the nice, peaceful carpenter man are probably going to be more peaceful.
Alec
Debates: 42
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
The bible in the NT says that women can't assume authority over men  (1 Timothy 2:12)
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
The bible in the NT says that women can't assume authority over men  (1 Timothy 2:12)

What does that have to do with peace and violence?

So what does that verse have to do with anything?
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Alec
The Bible is an inanimate book/compilation of texts, that doesn't actually say anything.

It was the Men who made up the biblical stuff that rather preferred that women shouldn't have authority over men.

Did God design female buttocks for spanking? Some one say that it is plainly self evidential. Others would disagree for a variety of self imposed reasons.

Are you torn between biblical morality and social morality on the issue of female submission?

Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
It's to show that both the Bible and the Quran have verses that are restrictive to women.
Alec
Alec
-->
@zedvictor4
Are you torn between biblical morality and social morality on the issue of female submission?

Right now, I side with social mobility, but I have to hold God accountable to this when/if I enter heaven.  God deserves a trial.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
Ok, I would be a little more concerned about the book that has a pedophile leader, slaves, and multiple wives than one random verse saying something about women not dominating men.

Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
The bible allows slavery too without Jesus denying it.  The bible has lots of genocidal wars in the OT.  Every first born son in Egypt was killed in an effort to save Hebrews from slavery, which there was an alternative route to that, and God could have simply not hardened the Pharaoh's heart, which if he didn't harden it, then the Egyptian kids wouldn't have to die for the Hebrews to get freed.

All the Abrahamic religions have bad stuff in them.  It's why I'm only reluctantly a Christian.  If I go to heaven, I'd want to hold God accountable for what he has done.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
If I go to heaven, I'd want to hold God accountable for what he has done

Good luck with that

The bible has lots of genocidal wars in the OT.
The Old Testament for the most part is irrelevant to this discussion between Christianity and Islam due to the similarities. You must focus on the differences, namely Jesus vs Muhammad. 
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
The NT states cruel and unusual punishment as well for things.  Here are some examples:

“Whoever curses father or mother shall die” (Mark 7:10 NAB)

…the scripture cannot be broken.” –Jesus Christ, John 10:35

The NT say most people will burn in hell forever for what they believe.  Since we get angry at China for jailing people for the same thing, I'm pretty angry at God for doing worse than jail; an eternity in hell for them doing the same thing.

bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
You want to talk about cruel and unusual punishment? I remember not too long ago you asking to have piranhas eat people alive.

it would really depend on what “curse” means in that context. You took out a random half of a verse and pasted it in
Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
That punishment was only for people that murdered like 9+ people.  Since then, I even have changed my mind on it.  However, an all knowing God can't change his mind like that if he's all knowing.

Cursing I think means swearing at your parents.  The punishment for that shouldn't be death.  I don't know what else it could be.
bmdrocks21
bmdrocks21
-->
@Alec
However, an all knowing God can't change his mind like that if he's all knowing.
You have repeatedly said you don't think he is all-knowing. So, which is it?

Cursing I think means swearing at your parents.  The punishment for that shouldn't be death.  I don't know what else it could be.

Or:

the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.

Alec
Alec
-->
@bmdrocks21
However, an all knowing God can't change his mind like that if he's all knowing.
You have repeatedly said you don't think he is all-knowing. So, which is it?
I was making a point as to why I don't think he's all knowing.  I assumed you believe that he is all knowing.  If he's not all knowing, then I'm fine with the bible having mistakes in it as long as the policy gets changed by the NT.

Or:

the expression of a wish that misfortune, evil, doom, etc., befall a person, group, etc.
Wishing that something bad happens to your parents is not worthy of the death penalty.