Apes > Human Split 13 Million Years

Author: ebuc

Total: 3
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
https://www.livescience.com/46300-chimpanzee-evolution-dna-mutations.html

...." The ancestors of humans and chimpanzees may have begun genetically diverging from one another 13 million years ago, more than twice as long ago as had been widely thought, shedding new light on the process of human evolution, researchers say.

...Scientists also discovered that male chimps pass on far more genetic mutations to their offspring than male humans do, revealing previously unknown evolutionary differences between the species."......

..."Interestingly, researchers found male chimps pass on seven to eight times more mutations to the next generation than do female chimps. In comparison, male humans only pass on three or four times more mutations than female humans.

....Overall, the offspring of chimpanzees inherit 90 percent of new mutations from their fathers, and just 10 percent from their mothers, the scientists said."...

Speedrace
Debates: 63
Speedrace
-->
@ebuc
And?
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
and?
And now you, we and others may know more than we did before.

We cannot know less, we can only gain in our knowledge base.  I only knew of 7 - million year ago split with apes, so as the article makes clear, this is new info that it has doubled.

I gae my dna to 23andme last week and expecting report by 25th.  I did least expensive package. Ancestry + Traits. A christmas give to my self. :--)