So you just chose your religion?

Author: Deb-8-a-bull

Total: 60
Deb-8-a-bull
Debates: 0
Deb-8-a-bull
 It's The Try make the way you picked the religion you're in now sound half decent challenge.
:
:
:
:

:
Good Game.
Good Game.

secularmerlin
secularmerlin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I don't think most people do choose their religion. If they did you wouldn't expect religion to correlate with geography but it seems to.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@secularmerlin
So these are the absolute ways.
What you said.
1.   They found themselves in the religion they are in . indoc or they know no other, born into it. ( boil that down to, Someone choose for me )

2.  They just picked a certain one because it appealed to them the most ?

3.   This Would be a reason that I doubt would exist, and thats.  I tested and tried X amount of time in each. 

4.  Can't remember. 
And many more horrible , horrible sounding ways to justify joining a group for believing in a god.

If you sec started believing in a God tomorrow even if you seen this God. What the hell has joining a group got to do with it.
Now I would assume You can start by thinking welllllll maybe someone or something created everything.  
But from thinking that I can't see a link to joining a religious group.
Unless.
Unless. 
The only fathomable reason for joining a religious group is. God told you to join one. ( and you can't argue that.)
Orrrrrrr I will also except the reason why they are in a religious group just for believing in a Gid is . Because they thought it was right.  ( again thisYou can't argue but , its week . however.

So all I'm trying to do here is find  a " NICE " reasonable reason why believing in God has anything to do with joining a religious group.
And I'm asking how can one attempt to justify joining that group or that group.

Christians and Muslims cant  possibly know they are not or not supposed to be Scientologists

So if your in a religious group , please 
Talk us through the day God told you to join a religious group.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@secularmerlin
How do you know your not a Muslim ?
ethang5
Debates: 1
ethang5
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Talk us through the day God told you to join a religious grou
It'll be interesting to see if anyone is stupid enough to take you up on this. But you never know. There are some stupid people out there.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
So you just chose your religion?

No. Muslims are "born" muslims if their parents are muslim. Christians are baptised or Christened by their parents, but they can leave their parent allotted religion for any other religion without fear of being killed or a death sentence hanging over them, something that a muslim cannot do i.e. a muslim cannot leave Islam without the punishment of death hanging over them.
Castin
Castin
Ahh. The religion forum's not broken in until we have a trademark Deb8 thread. Now it's official. Good game, good game.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Castin
Sometimes I wonder if even deb knows what his problem is. It has something to do with religious groups, but what exactly seems to be a mystery, even to deb.

What is it that decides what a person's obsession will fall on? Is joining or being in a religious group not really obscure to be the subject of a consuming obsession?

It takes all types.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
I hear you stephen,  this is how i answered the.   are you born agnos or atheist post.
Well along them lines. 

janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I think we've answered this like 200,000 times.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@janesix
I think we've answered this like 200,000 times.

I thought this was a new forum, jannesix
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
Predestinated
Castin
Castin
-->
@ethang5
Sometimes I wonder if even deb knows what his problem is. It has something to do with religious groups, but what exactly seems to be a mystery, even to deb.

What is it that decides what a person's obsession will fall on? Is joining or being in a religious group not really obscure to be the subject of a consuming obsession?

It takes all types.
Lol. I never knew why he's preoccupied with religious groups. I mostly just laugh and go with the discussion.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
Predestinated  souls  , Gods , ultimate realiies . to much of this pacmo and not enough ummmm ,   norm. 
Have you ever witnessed the sun not coming out when it supposed to.

Try Pretend that nothing freaky ever happens in life. Pretend that everything we see is what we see , 
You know like . just , normal. 

And your answer ( Predestaind ) things being predest  needs me to have a think about that whist believing in God and Free willy as you state.
I'll get back to ya big fella. 
Good day.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Castin
And you will continue to do so .
Hey hi nitsac , i was in the middle of a why are you guys group singing at the Jesus thread then i seen your talk to god thread , then i seen you mentioned singing and , well , it was good enough for me to get me information from it. 
Good day.
Castin
Castin
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Singing? 😕
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
For someone who claims to be one of the greatest translators around, you sure are pretty bad at English. I wouldn't be the least surprised to find that this haughtiness carries into other areas of your thinking.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
I was playing with ya pacca. But I've told you before i  am a undereducated spelling level grade 5 bad reading no comprehension . dyslexic tall attractive 37 year old buck , likes walks on the beach  one time cat killer for fun kind of guy , I've gone to far hey . it s just for someone like yourself who can translate scriptures at a dosn't reject not being in the top 100 decipherers of all time kind of guy , you should have no prob what so ever doing a little translating .
Might it may  help if i start each paragraph with a 
Pamela 22 : 18  or  Roger 10 : 4  , its just a idea.
Or , or if i was you , i wouldn't  bother wasting time tying to talk with me. 

I've never read a bible before , i couldn't . but .
But .
I am the best ever scripture translator , without a doubt . 
Thats fair to say isn't it ?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
No, you talk like someone who puts what they say through 3 levels of google translate. I think you are a jokester.
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
 Well I think your a sharp,  smart fine young person. Who simply believes differently to me on this  one subject. 
Anddddd, i love you .
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
It's not your its you're  my bad. 
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
No hard feelings, it's all peace.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
Attention, any kind will do. He's all soft and jokey until you burn him good, and then the hard, mean anti-theist comes out, letting you know that the dumbledore is just an act.

Want to blow his mind, tell him you asked to join a religious group, and he will almost go apoplectic. Why, I don't know, and apparently neither does he, but its fascinating to watch.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
He might actually be a fantastic translator if you take into account that he isn't from Earth. 

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
I creating / developing my religion. 

Others  may adopt a religious label, but inactuality,  they all cherry pick and create their personal religion to suit their needs/desires as coorelated to their specific circumstances.

If I had money I would go for a 501c3 religious status from IRS.

1} Church of the Cosmic Fandango

2} Church of Cosmic Integrity

3} Church of Unified Cosmos

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@mustardness
You want to start by getting 25c from each player. 
But ummm yeah start slow and the next thing you know you've a wife for each day of the week , if thats your thing , 

I know you will not forget but , make sure the story you tell about you somehow ending up with like 40 / 50 scriptures is wellllllllll .Good , like real good. 

But sounds cool.
Im past this now , i was thinking about starting up a small business and get me a church , and a speaker ohhhhh the dear dear speaker. 
I'll stop now. I was getting excited there mmmmmmmmm. 

mustardness
mustardness
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
But sounds cool.

Yeah cool that I'm creating / developing my religion. 

Others  may adopt a religious label, however, in actuality,  they all cherry pick and create their personal religion to suit their needs/desires as correlated to their specific circumstances.

If I had money I would go for a 501c3 religious status from IRS.

1} Church of the Cosmic Fandango

2} Church of Cosmic Integrity

3} Church of Unified Cosmos

4} Church of Wholistic Cosmos

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
It's The Try make the way you picked the religion you're in now sound half decent challenge.

It's the observe the most accurate information and facts that are available just as with anything else you learn. Challenge accepted? your play, your move...
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@mustardness
I wouldn't even bother starting a cult if you can't pass scientology auditing proving that you are a clear. Nothing proves conclusively that you are some type of secret agent psychopath like answering impossible questions that no one can answer honestly while not triggering a lie detector test.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Mopac
L Ron.  Makes ' hand sign '  L Ron.  

Hi pacermo. 

Hey when see this scientology,  
Whats your thoughts on seeing millions of people being mislead ?
Your a christian right, so you know full well scientology is fake , false , not true.
I'm a half atheist , i cant prove scientology is fake.
You can.

My question.
You see millions of people that have fallen for a lie.  
You must find this very unfortunate for them hey ?
Being mislead all there life.

And according to your God , for them spending there whole life being lied to annd falling for it , what will happen when they die?  Straight to hell hey ?  Again , most unfortunate. 
O well.
Good day. Just your thoughts on, 

Do you feel sorry for people living there entire life being lied to ?