Author: Vader

Total: 78
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@Vader
Did you do the same with Flava Flav or The Hxliday
Not before because I never heard of them but I am doing it right now and it is pretty funny. You should try it.

51 days later

Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
It's been 1 year since his passing. Good lord where does time go
skittlez09
Debates: 1
skittlez09
-->
@Vader
rip juice wrld 

may he rap and smoke blunts in peace
Danielle
Debates: 3
Danielle
I just googled who he was (never felt this old b4) and I'm speechless that the song Lucid Dreams was streamed a billion times on Spotify. Seriously? I just tried All Girls Are the Same and that shit's even worse! Lol that's crazy! Man Gen Z is impressive except for their music taste. Really seems like anyone with a music program and some connections or luck could be a star. What is even the standard for those songs being "good?" My goodness. Terrible but RIP Mr. WRLD. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Have you watched his Westwood freestyles?

Basically all his songs are freestyles, has over 2000+ songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSoT13msPe4

Very good freestyles, but he's more of a hit maker versus everything else. Sort of like pop stars. Even that, he didn't have connections like that.  Plus AGATS is a very old song he mixxed, and it usually triggers the females, well, because of the title
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Also he talks about a lot of serious topics. To people with actual drug issues and such, he can be a guide to tell them to stop doing drugs (especially on LND).

At least you're respectful and make more valid points. RM sorta said fuck this guy he's shit and toxic. 

Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
The freestyles are really good! I just listened to those and then went back to All Girls Are the Same which is horrible. I can't believe that's the same guy. It's weird that when he's rapping off the cuff it sounds like he has talent, but the slow songs just sound sooo overproduced and like anyone off the street could make the same song. The only thing I didn't like is that in the second video, you could clearly see him reading words off the screen which is totally fine but I have a pet peeve of people calling those "freestyles." It's not a freestyle if it's written down, but you could definitely see he's more clever with word play and rhythm in the links you sent. I'll have to look up the lyrics one day.  Too bad he didn't have the opportunity to grow as an artist :( 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Yea that’s how it usually is. I’m not a fan of song where they make him sound like he’s singing from heaven at all, but there’s a couple of good songs

And yea I noticed the same thing, but also I was listening to Eminem talk about Juice and he said that rappers sometimes use stuff they know they’ve said before if they remember it. In 2019, DaBaby XXL freestyle, he took 1/3 of it from a song he was writing. So it isn’t uncommon. Even so, the fact it went an hour long with good bars is impressive. Another rapper tried the long freestyle for 40min and literally said “I have a motherfucking boner. Im a motherfucking boner.”

But you’re definitely right, he had a lot of room to grow. I think there’s other songs he has with good wordplay and such, but I value an emotional impact on the song. If someone is stuttering words but has good bars versus someone with average bars but has great energy, tbh I’d listen to the one with more energy. But it could be a style difference
Danielle
Danielle
-->
@Vader
So it isn’t uncommon. Even so, the fact it went an hour long with good bars is impressive. 
+ 1

Yeah I like energy too. Usually there is some combination of lyricism, rhythm, flow and beat that makes hip hop good. It's one of the reasons I still consider Biggie to be my favorite rapper despite him not being  the most talented. I like his voice and vibe. It's chill and swaggy. He's not the best lyricist but he's so 90s Brooklyn which is very nostalgic for me. I think J. Cole is probably one of the best rappers ever so I'm not one of those "new music is shit" type people. Do you listen mostly to rap?
Vader
Vader
-->
@Danielle
Rap is maybe like 60-70% of what I listen too but I also love Rock, Hard Rock, Pop Rock, J-Rock etc.

Yea, a lot of my favorite rappers that fit your style are Denzel Curry, K.A.A.N, Kendrick, and even Meghan the Stallion. I'm someone who listens to music objectively, so I am always open to listening to tunes that are ear pleasing. I think another reason I enjoy that "autotuned" stuff is beat production. At someone who mixxes and produces when I can, when I hear a good beat mixxed with a clean sound from the rapper, I'm intrigued. I think that's one of the reasons I like Juice. His voice isn't overwhelming, but a bit more calm, very different from his protege, The Kid Laroi, who uses his ranging and distinct voice to put raw emotion into a song. That's why I dislike a lot of popular rappers who a lot of people like such as Playboi Carti and Lil Yachty who mumble and stutter put behind a great beat.

So with my mix and style and love of rock, maybe that's why I value emotion as well? idk

9 days later

Crocodile
Debates: 22
Crocodile
Lucid dreams is ass.
Almost all of Juice's "mainstream" songs are bad.
Crocodile
Crocodile
wtf why is it in bold
SteveHepkell
Debates: 0
SteveHepkell
Amazing rap artist R.I.P
Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Crocodile
Lucid dreams has 6 platinum awards, 630 million YouTube views and one and a half billion streams on Spotify
Crocodile
Crocodile
-->
@Wagyu
And?

Gucci Gang has 1 billion view on youtube, 576 million streams on spotify, and millions of streams on soundcloud.

Just because multiple people listen to it, does not mean its good.
Wagyu
Wagyu
-->
@Crocodile
There's a clear difference between the two. Gucci Gang has over a million dislikes and is also a meme. There's a difference between a meme song and a good song. Take blinding lights as an example. It's a good song and isn't memed on. 
Vader
Vader
-->
@Crocodile
Hating on popular things isn't a personality

929 days later

FishChaser
Debates: 61
FishChaser
I will rap battle anyone who agrees to imitate Juice World in the battle.