We Know They Shit In The Woods..... But .....

Author: Stephen

Total: 9
Stephen
Debates: 0
Stephen
....did she bears really tear " forty two (42) children to pieces for simple  boisterous behaviour?  And because someone willed it with a curse and " in the name of the lord" to boot !!!!

2 Kings 2:23-24 King James Version (KJV)
23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

How can anyone excuse this behaviour from a god that is supposed to love them? They were little children.

Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
-->
@Stephen
Hey hi Stephen.
This is one of my fave scriptures.  I wouldn't a clue what it means.
I can twist it into  ( Don't tease people ) .  

Hey Stephen?
Remember the first time you were told / heard about ( The boy who cried wolf. ) 
It taught you something hey? 
So just have a little think about that. 

And one more thing, 
Stephen. Can you make a post topic about. Asking them if they can  ( Decorate Christmas trees )  and add the Jeremiah 10: 1-5 and the other Jeremiah one. 

Can you do that for me Stephen?
Yes or no will be fine. 
You know i cant word things proper like.

Good day. 

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@Deb-8-a-bull
Yes or no will be fine. 

No.
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
No Stephen.

No Bears,

No woods

No God (In the mythological sense).

Just far fetched tales.

No children were harmed in the writing of this tale.

Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
No children were harmed in the writing of this tale.

What about bears? It mentions nothing of the villagers arming themselves with spears and clubs and attempting to the rescue of their  little children .

Matthew 19:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

It appears a lot changed between the Old covenant and the new covenant

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Stephen
It's what's loosely known as Chinese whispers.

Or lost in translation.

Back in the day, they didn't have the benefit of electronic devices that could precisely record and translate data.

And anyway, mythology is composed for mythologies sake rather than as an accurate historical record of something.

One bear killing one child soon becomes 2 bears killing 42 children and let's throw a conversation with a Lord into the mix for conventions sake and also for dramatic effect.
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@zedvictor4
It's what's loosely known as Chinese whispers.

Or lost in translation.

So then it could have been people and not bears per sey who ripped these children apart?

For instance It  could  mean that it was Simone and Esther,  Also Known As she  "bears"  (sows) because of their size and weight that tore apart  the children? 

Yes its all making sense now.

EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@Stephen
You come across as a very frustrated person, that could happen when you try and tango with material you can't handle. 
Stephen
Stephen
-->
@EtrnlVw
You come across as a very frustrated person, that could happen when you try and tango with material you can't handle. 

You have been taking lessons in pretending not to see the question/s  from ethang -  Peter Popoff - 5, haven't you?

Here you go. Just in case you really did miss them.

At post one (1) above I asked:

...... did she bears really tear " forty two (42) children to pieces for simple  boisterous behaviour?  And because someone willed it with a curse and " in the name of the lord" to boot !!!!

How can anyone excuse this behaviour from a god that is supposed to love them? They were little children.