How do people have confident opinions and just know how things work

Author: LordLuke

Total: 44
LordLuke
Debates: 1
LordLuke
When I read other people talk, they will talk like they actually know the subject and have dealt with it it seems like.

Like they feel confident that what they think is true, and they will say that x is a scam or that the problem with it isn't this but it's this.

Like I get how to be confident with abstract stuff like philosophy, but where on the internet do you visit to know stuff like that.

An example is this that I had just heard someone say and paraphrased, that vaccines are some sort of scam that's being kept because it makes them a lot of money but that it doesn't cause autism or something.

Like I don't get it. How do you not trust the government but you do trust a site on the internet or you trust these real-life experiences that how did you get and all this and everything I don't get it.
LordLuke
LordLuke
Oh and I forgot to mention don't tell me to use the scientific method or logic or something that's not what I'm asking.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
-->
@LordLuke
We are all hard headed for something that we believe to be true
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@LordLuke
Read a lot. And I mean a lot.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@LordLuke
When I read other people talk, they will talk like they actually know the subject and have dealt with it it seems like.

Like they feel confident that what they think is true, and they will say that x is a scam or that the problem with it isn't this but it's this.

Like I get how to be confident with abstract stuff like philosophy, but where on the internet do you visit to know stuff like that.

Welcome to the nature of duality where there will always be opposing views, theories and opinions. Like Ethang5 stated, read a lot! Some things are a lot more black and white than other things and so you have to look at all the available information you can find on a particular subject, at the end you basically choose the side you feel has more evidence or truth....commonsense and logic. I do a lot of cross referencing, and don't assume the majority opinion.

An example is this that I had just heard someone say and paraphrased, that vaccines are some sort of scam that's being kept because it makes them a lot of money but that it doesn't cause autism or something.

Like I don't get it. How do you not trust the government but you do trust a site on the internet or you trust these real-life experiences that how did you get and all this and everything I don't get it.

This is about simply educating yourself by looking into different sources of information, perhaps examining all claims involved. The Government is not an expert of health lol.
Vaccines are a touchy subject and I'd rather not go there, however I have looked at all sides and I do have my own opinion on the matter. I can give you a good source that I have been persuaded by.
There's many instances where we have been given vaccinations where we could have developed natural immunity against. Of course as all subjects go this is up for debate.....Another way to prevent "diseases", viruses and sicknesses is to improve the state of health in a given individual. Dealing with foreign invasions to the body the lymphatic system (immune system) plays a huge role in what stays in the body, persists or is eliminated. Since a baby is connected to the mother and it receives all her nutrition or lack thereof and develops the same condition of the lymphatic system there becomes the first problem. A baby or individual that has poor health becomes more susceptible or compromised than one of excellent health and the threat of foreign invasion is much more serious.

So in light of this there could be a misrepresentation that it's the threat of the virus or disease and not having a vaccination when in fact it's a malfunction of the body or compromised lymphatic system (which can be dealt with naturally). Clean the terrain of the body and nothing stays, the body will eliminate viruses and so-called diseases.
In a proper state of health the body always seeks to repair itself and remove unwanted problems.
Imagine for example a filter that has been clogged or stopped up, dirty and stagnant as opposed to a new filter or one that's been flushed or cleaned, which one do you think would eliminate better? which one do you think would back up and cause issues? the answer of course is obvious so compare the human lymphatic system to a filter where the state of the body depends upon the condition of the filter... what stays or leaves.
So the question becomes do we give a baby or child dangerous vaccines (which potentially causes seizures, autism, neurological conditions) or do we target the state of health of that person?

Zaradi
Debates: 4
Zaradi
-->
@LordLuke
<br>

The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy (https://www.iep.utm.edu/) and Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (https://plato.stanford.edu/) are the places I usually start. From there its read until your eyes glaze over.
Discipulus_Didicit
Debates: 9
Discipulus_Didicit
-->
@LordLuke

The Dunning-Kruger effect tends to be amplified on the internet.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@Zaradi
I know I didn't write very clearly, but I meant I get how you could hold a view on an abstract subject, and I was trying to switch over and say "how do you know stuff like that" to everything else.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@ethang5
@EtrnlVw
Yeah, just reading a lot is probably it...

But I think talking with others plays a part in it, too.

Like, if you are trying to find the truth about a topic, you will naturally have a question about it, research it, and then become closer to the truth. And you probably will find a lot of interesting stuff you didn't even think or know about on your way.

But sometimes if you talk to people, you will learn a lot more about a subject that you would've never thought of to even look up. That can be true about just surfing the internet, too, but yeah, I'm thinking talking would help a lot.

(complaining a little bit again like I can surely tend to do) By the way I've been really disliking my life for like the past 3-and-a-half years, and I sometimes am just in the mood to complain and all...

I never did anything, including learning, video games, exercising, or just anything, and literally spent the past 3-and-a-half years doing I don't even know, complaining about how I don't do anything like I would do a lot? And touching myself all the time like I wish I didn't do and know I shouldn't do, also I have to watch my baby brother so much...

I also felt like I want time to actually focus, and also I plan what I think I should do and like feel like I have to do everything perfectly or else I'll tend not to do it ..., and when I don't feel like I have that time I don't really do anything but wish I had that time to get started on what I want.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@EtrnlVw
And yeah, if vaccines cause so many autoimmune disorders like allergies & asthma, Type 1 diabetes, asd (sure seems to be one) and whatnot, yet there's a strong need to hide it from us, it would sound like to me that we probably wouldn't be taking vaccines if it wasn't hidden from us and it probably isn't worth it...
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@LordLuke
I've been really disliking my life for like the past 3-and-a-half 
One guess would be because you hold so many contradicting beliefs, they are causing cognitive dissonance within you that is being felt as a vague overall sense of dissatisfaction. This dissatisfaction causes ennui, and makes you not want to do anything.

You dont know why you're dissatisfied, you don't know why you do nothing, but you blame yourself for it, and that only causes you to feel even more dissatisfied. On an on it goes, making you feel you're on a merry-go-round that won't stop and you can't get off.

But its just a guess going by your profile.
EtrnlVw
Debates: 0
EtrnlVw
-->
@LordLuke
But I think talking with others plays a part in it, too.

Bingo that's correct, as well if you don't really like to read watching videos/lectures on subject matters by an expertise or teacher is very useful. One thing you always want to maintain is flexibility and sincerity in all your quests for knowledge.

Like, if you are trying to find the truth about a topic, you will naturally have a question about it, research it, and then become closer to the truth. And you probably will find a lot of interesting stuff you didn't even think or know about on your way.

Great point LordLuke

By the way I've been really disliking my life for like the past 3-and-a-half years, and I sometimes am just in the mood to complain and all...

Awe man sorry to hear that, I've had so many hard experiences in my time I feel ya. I see you're a Christian, I always submerse myself in God when I feel helpless or things falling apart..sometimes when things get stagnant you must try something different, getting out of yourself and the mind really does help, breaking up patterns of emotions and thoughts. Spirituality can help you transcend obstacles and mental/emotional blockages. I'd love to discuss it with you if you want.

I never did anything, including learning, video games, exercising, or just anything, and literally spent the past 3-and-a-half years doing I don't even know, complaining about how I don't do anything like I would do a lot? And touching myself all the time like I wish I didn't do and know I shouldn't do, also I have to watch my baby brother so much...

No need to let guilt hang over your head unless it's something you wish to change. You have a long journey ahead of you so there's plenty of time for adjustments, find subjects that really intrigue you and occupy your thoughts dwelling on them even when you watch your brother. All the time you spend with him will pay off when everything is said and done.

I also felt like I want time to actually focus, and also I plan what I think I should do and like feel like I have to do everything perfectly or else I'll tend not to do it ..., and when I don't feel like I have that time I don't really do anything but wish I had that time to get started on what I want.

Don't overload yourself, just focus on one thing at a time. I have four children so I know what you mean, a lot of times it's when I'm laying down for the night or just waking up I spend my time contemplating and thinking about the things I want to discover or understand since my days are packed. Try focusing your thoughts on a single subject for a time, it is not easy to do sometimes but practice quieting the mind, stop chasing random thoughts and just be the observer.
Once you gain control of your mind be more intuitive about what you wish to learn or know. Many times our thoughts have been conditioned, and just by being watchful and trusting your instincts you can know truth without anybody telling you it.
The answers are not in conditioned thinking, the answers exist outside of that and so does your state of consciousness and you can absorb truth without even being taught it by another party. And that is because all knowledge and truth already exist in God independent of any individual. Not that we don't need teaching but have the confidence and trust in yourself and the Creator first and foremost.

8 days later

LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@ethang5
Okay, but is there something about my profile you find contradictory?
I know it's been a good while since you've posted that so if you don't remember or respond it's fine.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@ethang5
@EtrnlVw
And Thanks.

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
You probably worry far too much about what other people think.

Re your profile:
How come you don't know when your Birthday was?

9 days later

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@LordLuke
Okay, but is there something about my profile you find contradictory
You label yourself both a Christian and a libertarian.

Thanks
You are most welcome.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
Libertarians can't be Christian?
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
What do libertarians believe?
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5

I think the ideal is to get as close to anarchy as you can without setting everything on fire.

Oh, but not like communism which is like... government enforced anarchy... 

Libertarians like the smallest government possible.

ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
the ideal is to get as close to anarchy as you can...
1 Corinthians 14:33
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
WITHOUT starting fires. Lol.

Basically, the tiniest government that can possibly work. I don't think libertarians are against law enforcement so much as having laws to enforce! The bare minimum.

LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@zedvictor4
I don't put my birthday because that would mean there are 1/365.25th the number of people I could be than before you knew my birthday. I'm not SirAnonymous, but it's a lot of information.
ethang5
ethang5
-->
@Mopac
Libertarianism, though not near as noxious as communism, is just as irrational.

The only people who would see value in libertarianism are people in technologically advanced countries who have lost touch with reality through being protected from reality by their culture's advanced technology.

A single Hitler is sufficient to show the complete irrationality of libertarianism.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@ethang5
It seems very American in spirit.

LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@ethang5
@Mopac
Alt-Right would probably describe me better if the term wasn't so associated with bad things, I believe that women shouldn't have suffrage and stuff like that, which might be considered un-libertarian, but Libertarian worked. I like conservatives, but I'm not one; conservatives don't conserve anything, and they are just liberals but always 50 years in the past.

Libertarians that are like really Libertarian though believe in stuff like Capitalism, legalized marijuana, and same-sex marriage.

They are like the right because they believe in free markets and stuff, and they are like the left because they believe in freedom to do what you want with your body. Many libertarians believe that being gay is unethical, but they believe you shouldn't be fined or anything for it.

Libertarians wouldn't necessarily say they want to be as close to anarchy without starting fires though. They would say that you should only have government where necessary. They believe that a government is a monopoly on violence, and that violence should be used in only extreme scenarios. They believe governments are often corrupt and to monitor them, and not let corrupt people seek after such positions of power.

In my own understanding of Libertarianism, I'd say a lot of them would also believe the consequence you assign to a crime should be specifically what one deserves for breaking the crime. For example, if you make a law that says anyone who steps on your yard gets a week of jail time, the damage caused by stepping on your lawn better be worth a week of jail. They don't believe in making excessive punishments to laws just to get people to do them less. This is contradictory to Capitalism, like let demand fit supply, and don't screw with it. A few Libertarians would even say that since making a law requires using a cop who threatens to shoot someone to enforce it, you should only make a law if you would be willing to shoot someone for breaking it.

I believe that we should have a judicial system but little more. Just like it says in the 6th noahide law, and what the Jews practiced before they took a king, which God himself told them was a bad idea.

So I'm pretty Libertarian.
LordLuke
LordLuke
But yeah I don't like gays, abortion, or drugs, but I believe it should be legal.

I also don't like "discrepancy of wealth," but I don't like messing up the economy, either.
Mopac
Mopac
-->
@LordLuke
Ethang says that you aren't a Christian for being a libertarian. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.

But Christianity is Trinitarian, it always has been. 

What do you believe about Jesus?

ethang5
ethang5
Ethang says that you aren't a Christian for being a libertarian. I don't think the two are mutually exclusive.
This is untrue. I said the reason for his dissatisfaction with life might be because of his contradicting beliefs.

When he is ready to address the root causes of his unhappiness, he will.
LordLuke
LordLuke
-->
@Mopac
I believe that the Trinity doesn't make any sense, and that they are three separate beings.
Heavenly Father is the creator, and Jesus was created by him.

After the Tower of Babel, where humans attempted to rebel against God, God was dissatisfied with the world and separated the world into 70 or 72 nations. He would only be the God of one--the Jews, and the Jews would serve as an example for the rest of the world, for the world would see that they want God, and that they would be blessed for doing good under him, but punished for doing wrong. Jews often have more extreme rewards/punishments than the rest of the world in the Bible.

Of course God still had authority over everything, but he appointed "Sons of God," who were sub-gods, under all the nations. Jesus was also appointed as a sub-god to rule Israel with the Most High. This is why Jesus is referred to as a god so much, he was one, but he wasn't the Most High God--Heavenly Father. As you can see, everyone in the Bible is very explicit to differentiate between Jesus and Heavenly Father, often referring to Heavenly Father with a name such as "The Most High."

I believe that Jesus's spirit was created by Heavenly Father a long time before Jesus was born, and that Jesus's body was created by Joseph and Mary. It had to be both Joseph and Mary who created his body because they both came from King David and Jesus had to come from King David. Jews often wonder why Christians believe Jesus is savior when we often say stuff like God is his only father and not Joseph when the Bible states he came from King David and stuff. The Holy Ghost had to make sure it was a virgin birth though because he needed to make sure that Jesus's spirit was put into his body and not some other one being produced, but how it all worked is a bit speculative.

Also, for the record, I used "Spirit" to be like ghost, but it's apparently supposed to be a word for the resurrected version of our bodies.

Also, fyi, this is me repeating what I learned from my Dad, and that he would probably say it better, with a lot more facts and knowledge. I probably wouldn't have been Christian if it wasn't for my Dad, so I say it isn't that wrong for me to put my trust in him as far as what type of Christianity is the correct one. But yeah, my Dad is literally listens to a Bible video or reading something like every day, and he knows a ton about the Bible.
LordLuke
LordLuke
Oh by the way this relates to the topic.

Alec asked me why I believe women shouldn't be able to vote, and the reason I believe they shouldn't be able to vote is because they don't really belong in politics and only make it worse (like the prohibition is a great example, and the only reason being gay and transgender and affirmative action is a thing is because the Democratic party was targeting girls (who love inclusivity) to be part of their party), and because they don't even have any share in the game. The only way a government can enforce its policies is because it uses violence and has power and a big army. Have you noticed why we got rid of the Articles of Confederation? The government wasn't powerful enough that an angry mob (who was, by the way, somewhat cheated by the rich) was literally nearly able to take them down. Think of who else could if they wanted to. Girls, however, can't use violence. They aren't able to fight in armies (although some do, apparently), and when they're part of an army, they even make it worse, because the men in the army give them special treatment and try to save them too much when they should be focused on the enemy.

Really politics is a men's game, made and played by men, and girls have nothing to do with it whatsoever. They have no reason to be a part of it, and they only make it worse.

But the point is, I started to say this to Alec, and while Alec didn't change my mind or anything, he started debating me, and said that laws aren't always enforced by violence and stuff (like how it's possible for a government to do something without a literal rebellion inciting because of it). Now I still don't believe this means girls should vote, but I backed down and didn't respond for some reason.

But yeah, just because women could vote, and a rebellion wouldn't be incited by it, doesn't mean they should, but you know, I don't necessarily know why anyone should vote if it wouldn't cause a war, and it just seems like it depends on outside forces and stuff and to get nitty gritty would be outside of my expertise. It just seems hard to debate stuff like that, and get into all the little details, even if you're still highly confident that you're right.