Total: 10
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Below this point are spoilers to the movie on the second post
Vader
Vader
The end of the Saga is finally here, answering many of the various questions we had going into the movie that are inherently solved, but there is some mysteries that are left to be solved

First thing is first, the kid in the TLJ is not present so let's get that out of the way. Was kinda sad but oh well
=================
The overarching plot of this entire story was that Emperor Palpatine is not dead and seeks to kill Rey. There is a spy in the First Order that reveals Palpatine's plans and Kylo Ren's plan. I don't like this at all. I think the spy is a huge plothole. The spy ends up being General Hux, but I don't get it. The reasoning was "he hated Kylo Ren." Well OK what else, that is a huge plothole that I do not get at all. Palpatine has a huge fleet called "The Final Order" where his goal is to restore the galaxy.

I also HATE that Palpatine is still alive. This does not eve REMOTELY make sense in this movie. He died! How is he still alive. This is so stupid and again a clear sign of the laziness in writing the script shown in TFA.

Lando is alive, he makes a nice little cameo doesn't he?

We find out Po was a spice trader before working with the Rebellion and he is not liked because he ditched. 

We also find out that Rey is Palpatine's granddaughter. This explains A LOT behind Rey's dark visions and why Skywalker was SO hesitant to train her. Both of them knew that she was a Palpatine. This is a great twist that happens overall and I did enjoy how it plays out in the story. The plot makes more sense and justifies a lot of the actions Rey does in TLJ, so her insecurities make sense at this point. 

Rey's character is really focused on in the movie which I enjoy. I always thought she was lacking in depth throughout the story, and I think this is the fitting episode to give her some clarity on the whole issues we had with her. Her character has more depth and I enjoyed it a lot in the movie.

Another weird twist is Fin meets people that are also escaped Storm Troopers.

Rey has the power to heal people for some reason. which I would think is excessive until we find out she is a Palpatine and that force is in her nature overall

Princess Leah uses her last force to get in contact with Kylo Ren (who is her son) and tells him his birth name Ben Solo. This is a fitting way to end Carrie Fisher's legacy and she goes out fittingly. Han Solo also gets in contact with Kylo Ren to play on the insecurities of Kylo. Kylo no longer is a part of the Dark Side, and throws his lightsaber away and joins the Jedi clan to take down Palpatine but for the good side.

Po and Fin becomes the new generals where try to get in contact with anyone to defeat. In the final battle, 100,000s of people show up to take them down 

Rey can't kill Palpatine because if she does, then his spirit will live on within her and she will turn evil. That's when Kylo Ren comes and saved the day where they both take out the guards and they work to kill him. But his force is so strong that they both get shot into oblivion and seemingly die for a second as Palpatine uses his force to destroy the other ships that show up. Rey hears the voices of the dead and gets up with the force. She gets the lightsaber to try to deflect the power of Palpatine. It is a stalemate until she gets a second lightsaber given to her by Luke and makes him dissingrate using his own force, where she is dying. This is where we believe Fin is force sensitive. She can feel Rey dying and senses it in her. I think Fin being force sensitive is weird. How does he even get in contact with the force? He is obviously sensitive to it. That is when Ben Solo aka Kylo Ren comes. He uses his last force to heal her wounds and make her come to life. This is when the most disgusting part of the movie happens.

Kylo Ren and Rey kiss. Horrible, horrible, horrible. I hate this moment. What is the point? Why? Did Kylo Ren love Rey? What is going on. He uses his last force energy and then fades away like Luke in TLJ. This means the Skywalker clan cease to exist (we think) and Rey is the Jedi. 

Rey obtains her lightsaber, which looks like Darth Maul's but it is Yellow instead of Red. She wraps the lightsaber's into a blanket on her home planet and continues her journey as "Rey Skywalker," as we see the whole Skywalker clan together as the Dark Side "cease to exist."

There is also a bunch of other things I don't have time to say, but oh well.
===========
While this movie does have a few plotholes in the general story, I think this is the ending the show needed. There are some questions left to be asked, but a lot of questions are solved. This ending is one I enjoyed thoroughly enjoyed and thought was great. While there were moments where I think the action was slow or didn't make sense, I think the scenes outweighed some of this. I also like Rey's character in this movie, but feel Kylo Ren's character was weak in this. Kylo seemed in power with Rey and this dramatically shifted with Leah. I don't like this at all. Seems to be a bit weird in my eyes. I also HATE the fact that Palpatine comes back out of no where. It is inherently stupid as he falls victim to yet again, lazy writing. The script in ROS is overall a more emotional based movie, and I think fans need to appreciate the emotion level overall. I think it is the best film in the Saga by a long shot.

People who disliked TLJ will enjoy ROS without a doubt in my mind. It takes an unique approach of good vs evil, showing that fate can be changed as it shows in the character of Rey. I think this movie does show that the writing could be good, but was overall lazy in this SAGA. 

I think Po is a great character in this movie and his part is great. I certainly enjoyed his part a lot and the role he plays. I think it is great that he gets more of a spotlight this movie and it is great. He is witty, clever, funny, and a badass. Reminds me of Han Solo a lot.

The graphics were gorgeous and outstanding in this. The explosions, the destruction, the scenery is beautiful. Wow! This is brilliant scenery and beautiful graphics. Poe's world jumping and the former death star are beautiful. It is so visually appealing overall and I actually enjoyed watching the graphics overall

Do I think this Saga was great? No. Do I think this movie was better than TFA and TLJ? Yes. Is this the best Star Wars film? No. Top 3? Depending on the generation and how you feel, potentially. Was the Saga good? Yes. There is a lot to learn from this Saga from the laziness of writing to the complexity of the plot, the next Saga can improve.

My rating is a 7.8/10. If you saw, lmk thoughts

Dr.Franklin
Debates: 32
Dr.Franklin
Just Saw it.

Not a good movie reviewer, I either like something or hate it

I liked it, so there

However Emporoer Palpatenice I still don't get \

I swear to fucking God, if they killed Chewbacca
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin

Very interesting
Vader
Vader
-->
@Dr.Franklin
I agree. Palpatine's presence was not well explained a lot and it fell victim to the series curse of lazy writing. But I think this episode answers a lot of questions and does not have lazy writing like TFA
Dr.Franklin
Dr.Franklin
-->
@Vader
Yeah they might make one more spin off like Rogoue One or Solo
Vader
Vader
-->
@Dr.Franklin
Definitely without a doubt
Pinkfreud08
Debates: 17
Pinkfreud08
-->
@Vader
Yeah I overall agree. 

I wish the ending wasn't so rushed and we actually got to see what happened to Finn, Rose, Po, and Chewbacca. 

1103 days later

Vader
Vader
I change my rating to a 0/10
zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@Vader
No idea.

I've never seen any Star Wars films.