Total: 16
janesix
Debates: 12
janesix
who is running the show? And why?
SkepticalOne
Debates: 9
SkepticalOne
I'm not convinced we live in a simulation.
janesix
janesix
-->
@SkepticalOne
not many people are.
Outplayz
Debates: 0
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
A simulation is a very human concept. I doubt it is anything like what humanity does. However, if we are a manifestation out of an incorporeal source of intelligence... it is simulation like, but not exactly. Simulation supposes computers... i doubt a human invention that is next to nothing compared to existence is the means of our manifestation. 
janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
maya then
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
I've never heard of "maya" before. I found: "the supernatural power wielded by gods and demons to produce illusions." If by that you mean an illusion made by a god... that would be closer than simulation i would say, but probably not exactly that either. I don't think this is an illusion. I believe that there is an infinite source of intelligence and that is where we come from. This source of intelligence has no shape or form and is everything. Within this we have individualized, so that is what i mean by our higher self. Our higher power selves are also without shape and form. In this state i believe we have a personal omniscience. We will know every reality we've lived in and every story we've played out all at once. So from that state we will manifest into another "afterlife" ... afterlife to me is here living now. Therefore, we go from an infinite incorporeal self to a physical self to experience. Therefore, i believe all of this is real. I don't think it is an illusion. But it very well can be... i don't know if i am right either and the above can play out differently making this an illusion.
janesix
janesix
-->
@Outplayz
Either way, I am unsure if it matters. We still feel pain, emotions etc no matter what.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@janesix
Exactly. It is real right now, so why not call it real. We have direct proof that we exist and are experiencing in a physical vessel. If anything, it's death that will be an illusion. 
Mopac
Debates: 4
Mopac
How many filters does information have to go through before it reaches our consciousness?

The reality we experience is in many ways corrupted from that which our senses draw from, our nervous system reformulates, and our subconscious sorts through.

There is a source, and what we experience comes from a selective drawing from that source and heavy processing. You could certainly say we live in a simulation.
EtrnlVw
EtrnlVw
-->
@janesix
It's a simulation of types, but it is real in that it is the real deal. The only "illusion" about it all is the perception of separation and form. It all comes from the same Reality.

who is running the show?

The Big Bos lol, jk but seriously it's exactly what you would conceive of. One massive, omnipresent ocean of conscious awareness which transforms energy and elements into form like a mad scientist. What everyone suggests is "God". 

And why?

To experience something other than a singular awareness by observing right through your channel of consciousness activities and perceptions. The Boss experiences everything through you, through your form. The very nature of consciousness is creativity and desire, that is the desire of the Creator, to make worlds and endless experiences for the individualized soul. The Creator doesn't always want to experience being alone.

Castin
Castin
-->
@Mopac
How many filters does information have to go through before it reaches our consciousness?

The reality we experience is in many ways corrupted from that which our senses draw from, our nervous system reformulates, and our subconscious sorts through.

There is a source, and what we experience comes from a selective drawing from that source and heavy processing. You could certainly say we live in a simulation.
Definitely some truth to that.
Goldtop
Goldtop
-->
@janesix
Which movie did you watch when you came up with that, The Matrix or Wizard of Oz?
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@Goldtop
Ready player one portrayed a real possibility with the idea of live-action simulations that could be real in the future. Actually, i believe if we continue to advance as we have been... a simulation like that is almost a certainty. 

840 days later

Jasmine
Debates: 4
Jasmine
Is the Matrix a religion?
Deb-8-a-bull
Deb-8-a-bull
The fact that there is or appears to be  Identical twins ruin all simulations I run.
I hate it.

Sooooo, life's not a simulation. 
Polytheist-Witch
Debates: 1
Polytheist-Witch
-->
@Jasmine
Jedism is.