Cannabis Benifits{ Pros } Outweigh Negatives { Cons }

Author: ebuc

Total: 10
ebuc
Debates: 0
ebuc
There are molecules in brain whose shape is matched to bond with cannabis.

Here is 20 benifits of weed.

Those opposed to weed basically are old school infantiles that are paranoid of anything outside of anything that is outside their personal purview.

We now know that some magic mushrooms induce the growth of new brain cells { nerves } and there is also a long list of pros associated with magic shrooms and their active ingredients when used appropriately.

Used knowledgeably is what apply's to any substance.  The infantile adult brain is paranoid of truth when it appears to be detrimental to their ego and traditional ways of they are above the others and don't approach them with anything that takes them off their spiritually-dry, high horse.

ebuc
ebuc
..." 8,000+ BCE Use of hemp cord in pottery identified at ancient village site dating back over 10,000 years, located in the area of modern day Taiwan. Finding hemp use and cultivation in this date range puts it as one of the first and oldest known human agriculture crops. As explained by Richard Hamilton in the 2009 Scientific American article on sustainable agriculture "Modern humans emerged some 250,000 years ago, yet agriculture is a fairly recent invention, only about 10,000 years old ... Agriculture is not natural; it is a human invention.

....It is also the basis of modern civilization." This point was also touched on by Carl Sagan in 1977 when he proposed the possibility that marijuana may have actually been world's first agricultural crop, leading to the development of civilization itself (see 1977, below).

6,000 BCE Cannabis seeds and oil used for food in China.
4,000 BCE Textiles made of hemp are used in China and Turkestan. ".....

WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@ebuc
Pretty sure weed isn't the basis of modern civilization.
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Cannabis became legal in Illinois yesterday
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@Vader
Cannabis became legal in Illinois yesterday
Thumbs away!  I like that!

zedvictor4
Debates: 22
zedvictor4
-->
@ebuc
There's cannabis use and then there's cannabis use.

Just like there's enjoying a burger and fries and then there's stuffing yourself senseless with burgers and fries.

8 days later

TheRealNihilist
Debates: 44
TheRealNihilist
-->
@ebuc
Where are the negatives? 
ebuc
ebuc
-->
@TheRealNihilist
Where are the negatives? 
1} Smoke is detrimental to tissues of mouth, throat and lungs,

2} Some young people do not develop a good work ethic and too much THC can exasperate that issue,

3} Short term memory ex where the hell did I put my keys, or wrench or the kids :--)

4} munchies, but that is a double-edged sword :--)

Pros far outweigh the cons, but I repeat myself.

457 days later

Nevets
Debates: 35
Nevets
Amongst the Pro's of making Cannabis legal would be the vast amount of money that could be made by the pharmaceutical industry. It would become the cash crop of the national economy.

Amongst the cons is the potential mental and physical side effects such as impaired short term memory, as well as the potential for general misuse  which can induce anxiety, delusions, hallucinations, panic, paranoia, and psychosis.

Physical side effects of misuse can result in an increased heart rate which is extremely dangerous for those that may be at high risk of having a heart attack.

Other negative effects are financial as Cannabis use can become a very costly habit.

A lot of people claim to use Cannabis for spiritual purposes which is quite debatable. Others may argue that the spiritual experiences the Cannabis user is claiming to experience may in fact be the grandiose delusions that they were pre-warned about.

253 days later

Lemming
Debates: 6
Lemming
-->
@stelocobus
From what I've heard of it, the THC is higher in modern marijuana than past marijuana.

To 'my mind, marijuana being less potent, made it less harmful.

Personally, I dislike it, and other drugs such as alcohol, cigarettes.
But I 'do like doughnuts and video games, so perhaps I am being hypocritical.
. . I don't much like introducing 'new items, that I view as weakening humans, and am less bothered by 'established items, tradition and what.

I suppose I look down on weed and some other drugs, for the people I knew and viewed in school as losers,
Try nothings,
Couple whom I've heard over the years died of overdoses (Other drugs, not marijuana)

. . .

Still my opinions 'just opinion, not fact or well thought out.
As my sources are just whatever I could grab quick that looked to support my views.
Tried debating the subject once, to try to challenge my outlook, on both sides, Pro and Con, but only got a couple of trolls, and never tried to challenge my outlook again.