JARGOM Endgame

Author: PressF4Respect

Total: 31
PressF4Respect
Debates: 10
PressF4Respect
On a cold, chilly Christmas night, a night where the homes were usually lit with festive cheer but now lay dormant, Drafterman wandered around the town square, waving a butcher’s knife around in self-defense, paranoid as a result of the events that took place over the past three days.

“COME AT ME!!!” He yelled, “I FEAR NOTHING!!!”

Suddenly, a shadowy figure emerged out of the dark alleyway behind drafter. As Drafter turned around, the figure tackled him to the ground, knocking the knife out of his hand. The figure, revealing himself to be Virtuoso, then grabbed a handkerchief laced with chloroform and smothered Drafter with it. Despite fighting valiantly, he grew ever more sleepy with every passing second, eventually succumbing to the chloroform. 
When Drafter woke up the next day, he found himself neck-deep in hard-packed snow. He tried moving his arms and legs, but found that they were completely stuck. All around him were signs of mayhem. Bits of frozen, bloody flesh still lay scattered throughout the terrain. The burnt-out crisp of Lunatic’s pyre sat there, behind the eternally t-posing figure of Speedrace’s crucifix, which seemed to be staring right into Drafter’s eyes. It was high noon, and the church bells were silent. Drafter took it all in, knowing that this would probably be the last thing he ever sees. It was almost tranquil… in a deluded way. 

**THONK**

Drafter winced at the pain he felt in the back of his head. Then, he heard the crunching of snow behind him. As it got louder and louder, the chuckling of Virtuoso could be heard. Then, he came into view of Drafter, proudly squatting in front of him with the biggest grin on his face. 

“Welp, it was nice knowing you ;)” Virt said, patting Drafter’s head.

“So you did all of this?” Drafter asked

“Well… I did receive assistance from the Grey martyr (bless his soul), but yes, I did plan all of this.” Virt responded.

“You BASTARD!!! WHY WOULD YOU DO ANY OF THIS!?” 

“I’m on a mission… but also for my own amusement.”

“YOU MADE US KILL SUPA AND WATER!!!”

“Well… no. They brought it upon themselves, really, and you helped in that respect.”

“YOU MOTHERF*****!!!”
“It doesn’t even matter anymore. You can swear all you want in heaven.”

“YOU’LL ALWAYS BE ON SANTA’S NAUGHTY LIST!!!”

“Do you think I care? Lol”

Virtuoso then sat on top of Drafter’s head, and farted. 

“>.<” Drafter responded.

“You know, my superiors always said that I needed to improve my aim. What better time to do it than now.” He then took a snowball, compacted it to the point of it being solid, and placed it in front of Drafter’s face, right under his nose. Drafter, showing discomfort, tried to get the freezing cold snowball away from his face, but to no avail. 

“Hehe.” Virtuoso laughed, “this is the least uncomfortable thing you’ll be dealing with today.”

Drafter was noticeably shivering at this point, both from the cold and from anger.

“With that out of the way,” Virt said, “lets get onto it!”

All Drafter could do was stare at Virt coldly while Virt proceeded to make many, many hard-as-ice snowballs. Virtuoso took his sweet, sweet time, and by the time he finished making snowballs, the sun was setting.

At this point, Drafter had already zoned out to a better place. Recalling memories from better times, Drafter had tears rolling down his eyes, accumulating in a frozen mass on the bottom of his neck. 

“HEY! THINK FAST!” Virtuoso said before slinging an iceball towards Drafter’s head.

“OW!!!” Drafter responded. An egg-sized lump formed where the iceball struck.

“Get used to this Drafter, cuz its the last thing you’ll ever feel.” Virtuoso said as he slung another iceball, which elicited another scream of agony from Drafter.

Virtuoso threw another one, and then another one… another one… another one… and each time, Drafter’s screams got quieter and quieter, until it turned into mere moans and groans, and then nothing at all. By the time Virt went through all of his iceballs, Drafter’s head was a bloody mess, with his skull smashed in. 

“Welp, my job here is done ;)” Virt said, as he wandered into the sunset, whistling to the tune of “Silent Night”.

MAFIA WINS

Roles
TOWN
WaterPhoenix: Welcome, WaterPhoenix! You are a 1-shot Town Vigilante. Once, at night, you may target another player in the game to attempt to kill them. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Irontoaster: Welcome, irontoaster! You are a Town Innocent Child. At any time, you may have the mod publicly confirm you as town. You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive.

Speedrace: Welcome, Speedrace! You are a Vanilla Townie. You contribute with your voice and your vote.

SupaDudz: Welcome, SupaDudz! You are a Vanilla Townie. You contribute with your voice and your vote.

Drafterman: Welcome, Drafterman! You are a Vanilla Townie. You contribute with your voice and your vote.

Lunatic: Welcome, Lunatic! You are a Vanilla Townie. You contribute with your voice and your vote.

MAFIA
GreyParrot: Welcome, GreyParrot! You are a Mafia Suicide Bomber. You may communicate via PMs with Virtuoso. Each night phase, you and Virtuoso may target another player in the game, attempting to kill them. At any time during the game you may target a player to kill both yourself and the target. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Virtuoso: Welcome, Virtuoso! You are a Mafia Goon. You may communicate via PMs with GreyParrot. Each night phase, you and GreyParrot may target another player in the game, attempting to kill them. You win if at least one mafia member is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Actions
DP1: Supa - lynched
NP1: Lunatic - Night Killed
DP2: GreyParrot - Blows up irontoaster
         irontoaster - dies
NP2: WaterPhoenix - Vig shoots Speedrace
         Virtuoso - Night Kills Speedrace
         Speedrace - dies

ANALYSIS WILL BE POSTED SOON

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
GG guys
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Greyparrot
@David
@Vader
@irontoaster
GG guys
Vader
Debates: 30
Vader
Lol wtf
David
Debates: 91
David
Good game everyone. Thanks press for hosting. You did really well and I thoroughly enjoyed this game 

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@David
Thank you! I'd consider myself mediocre, lol
Greyparrot
Debates: 4
Greyparrot
-->
@PressF4Respect
Nice role-playing elements.
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Greyparrot
Thanks! I tried to spice up an otherwise mundane game, and I'm glad you liked it!
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
that was one gory ending
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
EDIT TO THE FIRST POST

Actions
DP1: Supa - lynched
NP1: Lunatic - Night Killed
DP2: GreyParrot - Blows up irontoaster
         irontoaster - dies
NP2: WaterPhoenix - Vig shoots Speedrace
         Virtuoso - Night Kills Speedrace
         Speedrace - dies
DP3: WaterPhoenix - lynched

irontoaster
Debates: 0
irontoaster
I wrongfully assumed there would be some kind of role who would claim with info so I held back my confirmation. Doesn't matter, I'd have pushed to lynch Speed in the 2nd DP anyway.

Vader
Vader
I didn’t overreact to the drafter plan it wasn’t unfeasible but it was good mafia play by Virtuoso
Vader
Vader
Stupid vig shot btw
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
Good modding. Despite how I don’t like majority lynches, this is a special case
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Vader
Thanks!
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@Vader
At least this time vig didn't kill NP1 like some bad vig
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
Analysis:
WaterPhoenix: You were comparatively less active than some of the other people in DP1 and DP2. However, your two blunders overshadow this entirely. The first one came when you decided to vig someone NP2, when there were only 4 people left and scum chose to target someone else. You got lucky that Virtuoso chose the same target, for if he chose anyone else, then the Mafia would have automatically won. The second blunder came when you decided to tell the two other players that you did this. Though truthful, saying that you targeted the same person that the mafia targeted the previous night (especially as a town killing role) looks extremely scummy in the other players’ eyes. Despite the slip ups, for your first time playing as vigilante, it wasn’t that bad. You holstered NP1, whereas other new players probably would have shot (most likely hitting town). 

Drafterman: You put in a lot of effort to read the town and potential mafia, which is commendable, as was you pointing out the possibility of manufactured scumreading between Virtuoso and GreyParrot (which turned out to be the case). You had the right motives, but unfortunately, your scumreads ended up being mislynches. You clashed with SupaDudz and Speedrace and brought the entire town to converge towards this clash. You were sucked into the vortex of tunnel vision, and that proved to be your undoing (via iceballs). 

Lunatic: Similar to Drafterman, you had good motives and intentions. However, you were instantly drawn to SupaDudz, and unrelentingly rallied for his lynch. Like Drafterman, you were sucked into tunneling SupaDudz, and refused to look elsewhere. 

SupaDudz: You were suspicious of Drafterman’s actions, and I see where you were coming from. However, you mistook Drafter’s intentions, and ended up in the same place that Drafter and Lunatic were, in the tunnel.

Speedrace: You were the “voice of reason” between the two sides, not jumping to conclusions, and taking your time to sort things out. However, you eventually got pulled into conflicts with Drafter as well, which greatly diminished this. You had a good start, but your clash with Drafter made you seem like scum in some players’ (like WaterPhoenix’s) eyes. 

Irontoaster: You were comparatively inactive during the game. However, you didn’t make any major slip ups while playing (like getting caught up in tunneling with Virtuoso over OMGUS). You claimed to have a town-confirmable role, which did look like a bomb or PGO trying to lure scum into lynching you (it’s a solid strategy which I myself have used before). It ultimately backfired when you were blown up by GreyParrot, but in your defense, you probably did not expect a Mafia Suicide Bomber (a relatively rare role) in the game. Overall solid gameplay, though lacking in activity.

GreyParrot: Overall good gameplay. You started off with a very risky ghosting strategy, which if it had been sniffed out, would have taken the game down a very different path. Very fortunately for you, town was too distracted by the Drafter-Supa affair, and you managed to get away with it. In DP2, you managed to convince people that you were town by aligning with Drafter’s position (further solidified by the manufactured conflict with Virtuoso), thereby mitigating the risk of you being called out for ghosting and redirecting all of the suspicions towards Speedrace, which further put pressure off you. Your decision to blow up irontoaster was a disadvantageous 1-for-1 trade, but your gameplay was overall solid. 

Virtuoso: Though you weren’t as active as GreyParrot (mainly in DP2), you nonetheless did almost as well. Your sparring with GreyParrot was nice, and it did certainly improve your towncred, though not as much as Greyparrot. Your DP3 play was the best imo, and you appeared to have the upper hand against Drafterman before WaterPhoenix made the blunder. Overall solid gameplay, but somewhat lacking activity in DP1 and DP2. 

MVP: GreyParrot (Virtuoso wasn’t far behind)

Summary:
Activity levels were… meh, but overall, it was a good game. Some players have suggested that I crack down harder on inactivity (whether it be intentional or not). I might implement an X-post/DP requirement in the future, though it would ultimately depend on what the players would want. Overall, with the exception of a few notable slip ups, everyone played pretty well. I’m quite impressed with how the game turned out, especially with only 8 players instead of the usual 11-13. Good game, everyone!

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
@drafterman
@Speedrace
@WaterPhoenix
Final Ping
Lunatic
Debates: 3
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
giving greyparrot MVP is fucking ridiculous, and demonstrates your inexperience as both a mod and a mafia player. Thanks for the game.

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Greyparrot
@David
@Vader
@irontoaster
Final Ping
PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
Thanks for the game.
No problem!

giving greyparrot MVP is fucking ridiculous, and demonstrates your inexperience as both a mod and a mafia player.
I guess it boils down to opinion, but in my view, everyone else was either pulled into tunneling at some point, or relatively inactive. Either way, you gotta give him credit for flying below the radar and avoiding suspicion throughout the entirety of the game.
Greyparrot
Greyparrot
-->
@PressF4Respect
Ignore Luna, he is full of salt. 
I kept popping in at 30 minute intervals DP1 ready to respond, but town was so freaking lazy with the activity prompts.

Killing the most inactive town was on purpose, and I scored with innocent child, arguably the most valuable town claim.

Lazytown.org
irontoaster
Debates: 0
irontoaster
Why am I being pinged?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@PressF4Respect
I guess it boils down to opinion, but in my view, everyone else was either pulled into tunneling at some point, or relatively inactive. Either way, you gotta give him credit for flying below the radar and avoiding suspicion throughout the entirety of the game.
Flying below the radar? He literally chose not to post, and you didn't activity prompt him or replace him. His bomb was pretty retarded too, 1 for 1 trade with town is rarely worth it. 

Lunatic
Lunatic
Ignore Luna, he is full of salt. 

I have nothing to be salty about, I just want to remind everyone how useless you are at this game. :)
Vader
Vader
-->
@PressF4Respect
SupaDudz: You were suspicious of Drafterman’s actions, and I see where you were coming from. However, you mistook Drafter’s intentions, and ended up in the same place that Drafter and Lunatic were, in the tunnel.
Drafter wasn't playing very town-ish either. Lunatic locked into me for a stupid reason despite not reading into my reason

Vader
Vader
activity is never great when your game is during the holiday season
WaterPhoenix
Debates: 12
WaterPhoenix
-->
@PressF4Respect
Wait, was I just not ever supposed to shoot this game?
Lunatic
Lunatic
-->
@Vader
Drafter wasn't playing very town-ish either. Lunatic locked into me for a stupid reason despite not reading into my reason
As town you need to play as honest and genuine as possible. I felt your reads weren't genuine. You made it seem like you didn't suspect drafter, however you brought up the same point about his vote the whole day phase, and did end up voting for him for that reason by the end of the phase. Seemed like you were more worried about looking like you were locked in a decision and defending your logic rather than trying to genuinely read people. Also your flip flop read on me was pretty scummy, you provided no reasons for the read, looked like you were trying to get pressure off yourself (which is a scum tactic that you were doing as town).

PressF4Respect
PressF4Respect
-->
@Lunatic
Flying below the radar? He literally chose not to post, and you didn't activity prompt him or replace him. His bomb was pretty retarded too, 1 for 1 trade with town is rarely worth it. 
I did activity prompt him.