Rant about school stuff

Author: Swagnarok

Total: 16
Swagnarok
Debates: 7
Swagnarok
I'm currently on what could be my last semester of college, provided that I don't fail or drop anything. If I fail a single class, I won't meet the requirements to graduate, and I'll have to take another full semester in Spring 2019.
If I'm not mistaken, I'm taking fewer hours this semester than ever before (12 a week). But as one class is the big capstone for history majors and another is apparently at the level of a law school course, that doesn't mean a whole lot. Of the remaining two, one is ridiculously easy, like freshman-level stuff.

And then there's the art class. Having to write case briefs and a 20 page senior thesis paper is quite annoying, but neither of these things have actually driven me to the point of rage as of yet. Art class, on the other hand, has.

I'm not lying or exaggerating: with the possible exception of one other guy in the class, I am the single worst student there. Everyone else just goes ahead and makes these amazing sketches of cow skulls (which is pretty much all we've drawn in the class so far) whereas I keep spewing out these sh*tty doodles of the same. I've done it over and over and over and over and over again, and I'm not getting a lick better, whereas everyone else apparently is. And apparently, it's even harder whenever you try it with a brush and ink, but for everyone else the change in tools just seems to raise the quality of what they're drawing.
Again, it I fail this class then I'll have to do another whole semester. But there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to keep from failing. Soon enough the teacher's inevitably going to lose his patience with my near-total lack of progress and then he's gonna start marking me up, until finally I'm gonna get awarded an F. It's not as though I'm not trying, but...
Vaarka
Debates: 0
Vaarka
I have my first college-level "exam" (test?) today. It's a stat test. Should I be like all the other angsty teens on my campus who try to function on 3 hours of sleep and blame it on their "insomnia" when they don't even get back to their dorms until 4am after a night of heavy partying and say I'm gonna off myself because I can't handle the stress of possible failure in a class that's "actually important to my future"?  
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Swagnarok
draw something different
bsh1
Debates: 14
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
Sleep matters. Study as much as you can, and try to get at least 5 hours.
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@bsh1
Oh I sleep a lot... But there are so many people here who eat once every two days, sleep 2-4 hours a night, and think they can manage, only to break down at an assignment that takes longer than 5 minutes. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Vaarka
Yeah. But everyone has an assignment which will cause a breakdown or something similar. But, it's important to maintain healthy habits.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
To be at 100% you need to get at least 7 hours of sleep. Watch Joe Rogan's podcast where he interviews a sleep doctor/scientist. It's amazing how much of a difference 7 hours makes. 
bsh1
bsh1
-->
@Outplayz
I've heard 9 hours is what you need. But, 5 hours is a bare minimum.
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1
I don't know. The only sleep scientist i have heard from was the guy on Joe Rogan's podcast. He mentioned 7 hours is the minimum bc that is the time your brain cleans out some kind of chemical that is a detriment to your brain. He also mentioned a lot of studies saying stuff like if high school kids were forced to get 7 hours of sleep... teen accidents would decrease by 40% or something ridiculous like that. You just have to listen to the podcast. The guy seemed knowledgeable. 
Outplayz
Outplayz
-->
@bsh1

Vaarka
Vaarka
oh btw I passed the stat exam
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Vaarka
What's a stat exam?
Vaarka
Vaarka
-->
@Swagnarok
statistics

67 days later

Mharman
Debates: 18
Mharman
I have a five page essay to write.
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
-->
@Mharman
What on?
Swagnarok
Swagnarok
So today I got some very good news: it was never actually a 7-point trading scale. It was always a 10-point one. So I actually have a low B, perhaps about to slip to a C. So as long as I turn in something I'm pretty much guaranteed to pass this course, one way or another.